223777 Bullies, 3902 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 21 to 30 of 51
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Hidama is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    In ma dojo
    Posts
    219

    Posted On:
    5/10/2007 8:36pm


     Style: Tenchu Do

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    El Macho - actually they are doing 36 month contracts at that rate. I don't know if they offer anything shorter but based on what he said I would doubt it. He is really about pushing the envelope as far as pricing and not shy about mentioning it at least in certain circles anyway.
  2. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,955

    Posted On:
    5/10/2007 9:03pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, then stop posting you have your answer.

    Oh and you were asking specifics, look at your first post.

    Up until the BBC type clubs, it is a common practice. Many schools charge different amounts up to and including the all inclusive price.


    Like FFF I'm out. You are being ridiculous.

    You put out the rates.
    You put out the frequency.
    You put out the clubs.
    You put out a quote from said teacher.
    You put out the state and general location.

    That is very specific. If you felt uncomfortable you should have just asked "do these rates sound reasonable."

    You want a specific determination without specific evidence. What's funny is we haven't asked you for a name of the school or instructor. We asked for specifics on the program. What's funny is, you have put enough specifics that if someone trains at the school they can figure it out.
  3. Hidama is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    In ma dojo
    Posts
    219

    Posted On:
    5/10/2007 9:44pm


     Style: Tenchu Do

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Whorian Gracie
    How do you know this percentage is accurate? Did you talk with the Gracie's statistician?
    No need and I stand by that statement.
  4. Hidama is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    In ma dojo
    Posts
    219

    Posted On:
    5/10/2007 9:55pm


     Style: Tenchu Do

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Well, then stop posting you have your answer.

    Oh and you were asking specifics, look at your first post.

    Up until the BBC type clubs, it is a common practice. Many schools charge different amounts up to and including the all inclusive price.


    Like FFF I'm out. You are being ridiculous.

    You put out the rates.
    You put out the frequency.
    You put out the clubs.
    You put out a quote from said teacher.
    You put out the state and general location.

    That is very specific. If you felt uncomfortable you should have just asked "do these rates sound reasonable."

    You want a specific determination without specific evidence. What's funny is we haven't asked you for a name of the school or instructor. We asked for specifics on the program. What's funny is, you have put enough specifics that if someone trains at the school they can figure it out.
    Actually I was trying not to be specific, but I was asked for specifics and given **** for not being specific. Now I'm getting **** for being specific. I'm not training at that school and wasn't trying to train at that school.

    I was given some information on a business system and practically fell out of my chair at the prices I was hearing. I was trying to find out about generalities in other schools to find out if this was common practice. I thought I made that very clear. Evidently I didn't but whatever.

    I was only interested in finding out if this is an anomaly.
  5. fanger123 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    499

    Posted On:
    5/10/2007 9:59pm


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i HATE the BBC/Master's Club hierarchy.

    absolutely do.

    training might be good, but the school seems too bent on making money.

    i had that class segregation before, and it wasn't pretty.
  6. Teh El Macho is offline
    Teh El Macho's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia
    Posts
    11,762

    Posted On:
    5/10/2007 10:05pm

    supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidama
    El Macho - actually they are doing 36 month contracts at that rate. I don't know if they offer anything shorter but based on what he said I would doubt it. He is really about pushing the envelope as far as pricing and not shy about mentioning it at least in certain circles anyway.
    Dude, in that case, run away, run away, run away. There is nothing short of a car worth signing your wallet for 36 months. Nothing, specially for the price they are asking.

    Considering the disgustingly good choices that are out there (many of them with short contracts or month by month), that type of deal is outrageous.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

    My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

    New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

    t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

    The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris
  7. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,955

    Posted On:
    5/10/2007 10:21pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidama
    Actually I was trying not to be specific, but I was asked for specifics and given **** for not being specific. Now I'm getting **** for being specific. I'm not training at that school and wasn't trying to train at that school.
    What do you think of a school teaching BJJ that has rates of $99 = 2 classes week.

    $119 = 3 x week ; $149 = unlimited.

    They also teach Thai boxing but that is an additional fee, similar rates.

    Now once you join the school you are guided toward joining the equivalent of Black belt club at $249 per month and then the equivalent of Masters club at $349 per month. I have also heard from the owners own mouth that he is considering starting an Ultimate Masters Club.

    These are legitimate prices from the head instructors mouth.
    My list was based on your first post so you were being specific.
    I was given some information on a business system and practically fell out of my chair at the prices I was hearing. I was trying to find out about generalities in other schools to find out if this was common practice. I thought I made that very clear. Evidently I didn't but whatever.
    Again it was answered by about 5 different people. The first rates you listed in your first post are normal. Many schools do this and this part of your question has been answered again.
    I was only interested in finding out if this is an anomaly.
    The second half is the anomaly. I haven't encountered a BBC or a 36 month contract at a MMA gym. The longest I have encountered was a year.

    Now, the part El Mach said is true 36 months is ridiculous.


    It sounded bad but, no one can make a true judgment call until you added the contract length.
  8. Hidama is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    In ma dojo
    Posts
    219

    Posted On:
    5/11/2007 12:23am


     Style: Tenchu Do

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    My list was based on your first post so you were being specific.


    Again it was answered by about 5 different people. The first rates you listed in your first post are normal. Many schools do this and this part of your question has been answered again.
    The second half is the anomaly. I haven't encountered a BBC or a 36 month contract at a MMA gym. The longest I have encountered was a year.

    Now, the part El Mach said is true 36 months is ridiculous.


    It sounded bad but, no one can make a true judgment call until you added the contract length.
    I don't see how I was being ridiculous. No secret that I fail at the internet.......... however my first post was to establish that I wasn't being hypothetical - trying to be specific about this particular school was not my intent. I am fully aware that the first list of rates are in line with most schools. My question was never about that, it was about the Black Belt Club and tiered programs in a school that teaches a good proven system.
    I am much more familiar with TMA and the serious ones really hate that tiered stuff and have been throwing around the word McDojo about schools that seek to improve business performance forever.
    I was posting with the "standards" part of this forum title in mind and simply wanted to know how these practices are considered by the BJJ community on Bullshido if the training is considered outstanding, and by all accounts it is.

    BTW- 5 people is hardly a community.
  9. FickleFingerOfFate is offline
    FickleFingerOfFate's Avatar

    Guess which finger is the fickle one...

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Up in your grill.
    Posts
    5,645

    Posted On:
    5/11/2007 5:16am

    supporting member
     Style: Karate/ Arnis

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The definition of Insanity:

    Doing (asking) the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.
    If you can't laugh at yourself,
    Others will be happy to do it for you. :evil6:

    The 2 most abundant elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.


  10. Hidama is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    In ma dojo
    Posts
    219

    Posted On:
    5/11/2007 9:08am


     Style: Tenchu Do

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FickleFingerOfFate
    The definition of Insanity:

    Doing (asking) the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.
    Yet here you are back again after you "tapped out".
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.