Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/14/2007 10:18am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sifu no bs
    Good luck in your martial arts training whatever it might be and maybe I will see you at the throwdown that will be held this summer , I won't hold my breath on you attending but just want to say that you are all welcome.

P.S. If any of you have questions via e-mail virgoman89 since TKBB has chosen not to appear like the messenger and taken some bashing already from some of you guys.

Have a great day and keep the questions coming
    S.Patenaude
    Please post the time, date, and location of this "throwdown".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/14/2007 12:27pm

Style: MT,BJJ noob.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I understand where you guys are coming from but I think you might actually be going a little too hard on him. I emailed him and had my questions answered. I also now completely understand his wanting to conduct things in this manner. Those of you who have had any experience with this organization will probably find his reason ... reasonable. Otherwise you might not understand.

Posted On:
    5/14/2007 1:58pm

Style: ex-FSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by myrmecophilous
    I understand where you guys are coming from but I think you might actually be going a little too hard on him. I emailed him and had my questions answered. I also now completely understand his wanting to conduct things in this manner. Those of you who have had any experience with this organization will probably find his reason ... reasonable. Otherwise you might not understand.
    From this I could only assume that sJP will be pissed if he answers candidly in a public forum. :new_cussi I can't see any other explanation. If that is why, I would assume that sJP would be just as upset if the emails were posted, as they have been. Since those two ideas cancel themselves out, I can't see any reason why. Can you share with us the reason for him wanting to conduct things in this manner or is that classified as well?

Mr. T - They have big bassett hounds. I doubt it would take a week to fill their bucket.

sifu Stephane - I can't figure out why you continue to :karated: around all these questions. Whether it was you or Gerry, direct answers never seem to come. I haven't actually gone back to verify this, but I am certain there are well over 3000 posts on the 4+ threads dedicated to FSD. Within those posts are a significant number of clear and concise questions. Within your father's system, you preach the Functional, Simple, Direct theory. Why are you not adopting that theory here? How about this:

Can you please tell me one unique training feature of FSD? A technique that is only practiced in FSD perhaps?

Can you tell me why it is forbidden to take notes in the Focus on Results seminar?

I believe this is the time for you to be strong and resourceful at the wall.

Thanks.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/14/2007 5:15pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally Posted by myrmecophilous

Uh, OK. Now what . . . ??

Seriously, he can't have it both ways. Personally I am not interested in joining his "FSD-BBC on Information Sharing". Anyone else notice the similariites here?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/14/2007 5:42pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let's put it this way, if the SON fears repercussions, then what does that say about the org? That's scary.

BUT, hey, maybe they come out and spar and train in good faith, maybe they don't. If we can't get the hard stuff from Stephane, then we can just write him off as a correspondent, and just wait and see. His actions will speak louder than his words in the end.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/14/2007 9:57pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by myrmecophilous
    Those of you who have had any experience with this organization will probably find his reason ... reasonable. Otherwise you might not understand.
    I trained with this organization for over 3 years. You could say I have extensive experience. I don't find anything "reasonable" about this bullshit.

If Stephane is not prepared to answer our questions on here, then close the goddamn thread. This is just wasting everyone's time. ****.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    5/15/2007 12:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Canadian throwdown legalities tangent culled to:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54786

Speculation of how you'd do against FSD's beast man culled to:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54788

Stupid stuff:

chingythingy's poo obsession culled to:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54787

Larger_Haru waking up from his nap culled to:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54785

"Bye Bye!" swan song culled to:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54789

Edit: illuminati didn't like the tangents culled out. That was culled to:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54790
    Last edited by Tom Kagan; 5/15/2007 12:20pm at .
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Posted On:
    5/15/2007 1:02pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kagan,

No obsession with dog poo. This is just one of the very bullshidoish practices introduced as part of FSD seminars. When SP offered to answer questions, it is a legitimate question that I wanted addressed. It was ignored. My question is:

Why exactly did you introduce the sniffing of dog poo into training advanced students in your FSD seminars and retreats?

There were several attempts by others to inadequately explain why this happened. I made fun of those attempts. This was ignored by SP. To me, many other practices of FSD can be legitimately explained and spun to look like everything is above board, and FSD founders are down to earth people. That one cannot.

I don't mind you trollshidoing my lame attempts at humor. However, to have that point not addressed, and belittled by a mod saying it's "my obsession with dog poo" pretty much not only ensures it will never be addressed, but gives legitimacy to the practice.

Do what you want. But for me, a legitimate investigation on BS in the martial arts is going to point out to potential new candidates into FSD some of the extreme practices they may run into and the extreme cult-like behavior experienced at some of the higher levels of training.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    5/15/2007 3:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by chingythingy
    Kagan,

No obsession with dog poo. This is just one of the very bullshidoish practices introduced as part of FSD seminars. When SP offered to answer questions, it is a legitimate question that I wanted addressed. It was ignored. My question is:

Why exactly did you introduce the sniffing of dog poo into training advanced students in your FSD seminars and retreats?

There were several attempts by others to inadequately explain why this happened. I made fun of those attempts. This was ignored by SP. To me, many other practices of FSD can be legitimately explained and spun to look like everything is above board, and FSD founders are down to earth people. That one cannot.

I don't mind you trollshidoing my lame attempts at humor. However, to have that point not addressed, and belittled by a mod saying it's "my obsession with dog poo" pretty much not only ensures it will never be addressed, but gives legitimacy to the practice.

Do what you want. But for me, a legitimate investigation on BS in the martial arts is going to point out to potential new candidates into FSD some of the extreme practices they may run into and the extreme cult-like behavior experienced at some of the higher levels of training.

Didn't you notice? I left the question in. It remains basically unanswered. The post you made asking the question speaks for itself. The rest was a stupid tangent.

Regardless, feel free to make lame attempts at humor. That has nothing to do with why I moved the particular posts you are whining about. What I try to look at is whether the post is useful, on target to the thread, and/or it derails the topic.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Posted On:
    5/15/2007 3:53pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Former FSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well, I have read all the posts and stories posted here about FSD. Just wanted to comment on the mma fights that both Scott Hill and Patrick Marcil had. I was in attendance at that event. At the time Patrick Marcil was my instructor, and some of us found out about it by seeing a poster for the event posted in a local store. We also had 2 other guys that we knew fighting in that event.

The guy that Scott Hill defeated is Marc Cambier.

The one that Sifu Pat defeated I can't recall the name. He wasn't the original opponent that he was suppose to face 'cause that guy pulled out of the event a few days before it was to occur. Sifu Pat defeated someone that was in a much higher weight class.

Both fights lasted approx. 2 and a half minutes. Both of them won by tapout, Patrick Marcil due to strikes and Scott Hill due to a choke. Stephane, Martin and Sylvain Patenaude were all in attendance as well as Patrick's assistant instructor at the time Patrice.

A newspaper article was published regarding Patrick's fight, with the title being David defeats Goliath, or something very similar to that. Patrick had the article posted in his school in Gatineau, I don't know if he still does though.

I stopped practicing FSD due to the fact that to move on to another sash, I would have to complete the training camp, and I'm not going to pay 600$ to go run in the woods for 3 days. And I honestly think that this is just a gimmick to make money.

Also, the school that I was going to was originally taught by Sylvain Patenaude and Patrick Marcil. I had nothing but positive experiences in that setting. However, they transfered the instructors of that school over to 2 students of Patrick's that are from his Gatineau school. These two instructors were alright but alot of the students felt abandonned by Patrick and Sylvain and that's why they never returned.

ANother point that I'd like to bring up is how come there are so many Sifus? They always stress the point of not rushing people through ranks, however this is exactly what they did. Kinda contradicts what they state. Maybe sifu no bs can answer this question.
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast