Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/18/2007 5:40pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: None Yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by myrmecophilous
    Didn't see him myself, no, and no one mentioned him. I'm pretty sure he wasn't unless he was lurking, which would seem out of character. Why do you ask?
    The last seminar I took while with FSD, sJP was there but he didn't seem at all interested in the class. He was in the back giggling with his wife. I would have thought he would have participated more.

So I was wondering if he would have showed up to watch 'cheer' his students fight.
    Last edited by Mr. T.; 6/18/2007 9:28pm at .

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    6/18/2007 7:08pm

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. T.
    So I was wondering if he would have showed up to watch 'cheer' his students fight in their first major outing.
    - Just to clarify something here because it seems to be overlooked (intentional or otherwise). This sounds an awful lot like a 'between clubs' smoker and not a full fledge 'fight night'. I don't want to rain on anyone's parade but really, we're talking about a group of people who have claimed to be the cream of the martial arts crop fighting against guys with a small bit of experience. I think it's great that FSD is competing but this was hardly an event on par with the level of skill we've been told to expect from FSD.

TKD

THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

"Ladies and gentlemen, the pilot has instructed everyone to sit the **** down and shut the **** up." Henry Rollins

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    6/18/2007 7:21pm

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Mount
    Askari, this guy is JP's cousin. I heard this story from JP himself one day after class when I was pulled aside into his office. It was kind of weird because JP brought this up at a time when the conversation wasn't even remotely close to such a topic. It was as though he was proud of his cousin but was feeling me out to see if I felt the same.
    Thanks Crazy Mount,

There is more to the Reynald Patenaude story I am sure, I am just trying to find online documentation. Failing that I'll spend the nickle down-town and scan things. If anyone has direct knowledge and wants to beat me to the punch, please go ahead.

Also is Jean-Marc Patenaude from Montreal another relative?
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/18/2007 9:29pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: None Yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TKD Black Belt
    - Just to clarify something here because it seems to be overlooked (intentional or otherwise). This sounds an awful lot like a 'between clubs' smoker and not a full fledge 'fight night'. I don't want to rain on anyone's parade but really, we're talking about a group of people who have claimed to be the cream of the martial arts crop fighting against guys with a small bit of experience. I think it's great that FSD is competing but this was hardly an event on par with the level of skill we've been told to expect from FSD.

TKD
    My question has been rephrased.

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    6/18/2007 11:01pm

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. T.
    My question has been rephrased.
    ﺷﻜﺮﺍﹰ جزيل

TKD

THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

"Ladies and gentlemen, the pilot has instructed everyone to sit the **** down and shut the **** up." Henry Rollins

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2007 9:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    any news whether we can watch the fights? they don't seem to be on youtube..

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2007 11:48pm

Style: MT,BJJ noob.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fanger123
    any news whether we can watch the fights? they don't seem to be on youtube..
    patience.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2007 8:28am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i'll just keep watching the x-mas vid. gotta love the slow mo knife defense.
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213