Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 289101112 13 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    6/17/2007 7:47pm

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Props to all who competed. Regardless of their winning or loosing, regardless of the level of skill, this is what we asked FSD to do, and they did it.

Quote Originally Posted by myrmecophilous
    I mislabelled H20 as TriStar to somehow make FSD seem better?
    Now why would you do something like that?
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2007 8:26pm

Style: MT,BJJ noob.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Askari
    Now why would you do something like that?
    I wouldn't. As is in evidence by the fact that I made the same mistake with Terrie, the girl who beat a TJL opponent. It just seemed as though it might have been what TKD was implying; he quotes the nitpicking about where the fighters are from and then speculates that FSD will talk up their accomplishments to absurd proportions as if it had already begun. I acknowledge I was overly defensive about it. The matter should now be dropped.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2007 8:30pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TKD Black Belt
    - I thought you did FSD? I'm sure Jack is jerking off over the success of his boys!
    I think it goes to show that the less FSD you use in a fight, the better your performance (although they DO teach hooks, crosses, knees, etc, but not jabs, last time I was there. Jabs were a waste of time).

However, I wish to take nothing away from the fighters, who stepped up and put in the work. We may not all see eye to eye on many things, but that's good stuff right there.

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    6/17/2007 8:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by myrmecophilous
    I wouldn't. As is in evidence by the fact that I made the same mistake with Terrie, the girl who beat a TJL opponent. It just seemed as though it might have been what TKD was implying; he quotes the nitpicking about where the fighters are from and then speculates that FSD will talk up their accomplishments to absurd proportions as if it had already begun. I acknowledge I was overly defensive about it. The matter should now be dropped.
    Why, do you have something you dont want me to ferret out?

If you want, as a favour, I am fully willing to dissect your activity so far on these threads.

I really wouldnt mind doing so.

:e.jpg:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2007 8:35pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Askari
    Why, do you have something you dont want me to ferret out?

If you want, as a favour, I am fully willing to dissect your activity so far on these threads.

I really wouldnt mind doing so.

:e.jpg:
    Come on now, I know you have better things to do. We miss you! :)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2007 8:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b
    I think it goes to show that the less FSD you use in a fight, the better your performance (although they DO teach hooks, crosses, knees, etc, but not jabs, last time I was there. Jabs were a waste of time).
    They called it a "lead" I think, without spelling out the mechanics. I think most people just threw chungchois with their lead hand. Jabs were never mentioned by name.
    Askari, no hijacking unless you insist. Check your PMs.

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    6/17/2007 8:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b
    Come on now, I know you have better things to do. We miss you! :)
    Yeah, your right, I'm just being cranky. But I am happy they finally got in the ring.

I will keep working on FSD, never fear, I am somewhere in the shadows.

How about this one, can anyone confirm whether this was a relative of theirs? This was forwarded to me by a fellow forumite some time ago, and I've only just begun to work on it. Anecdotal stories indicate that this is a close relative, but I would like to find someone with direct knowledge.

RUSSELL, Ont. (CP) A developer has been charged with manslaughter after a "debt collector" who called on him was run down by a pickup truck.

Melanie Construction owner Reynald Patenaude, 39, also was charged Wednesday with criminal negligence in the operation of a motor vehicle.

Dead is Sami Bateh, 21, who was run over and pinned under a pickup truck following a fracus around 7:30 a.m. Tuesday.

Witnesses said Bateh and another man had gone to Patenaude`s office to make good on a debt.

One of the men pulled a gun on the developer. The pair fled after one of Patenaude`s suppliers walked into the room.

One collector ran out to a car and he was chased by a pickup truck which rammed him. When he got out of the vehicle he was run over by the truck.

The other man fled the scene on foot. A man was arrested later in a nearby gas station.

Kingston OPP investigators are releasing no details on what prompted the incident.

Det. Insp. Mike Coglin, who is heading the case, said he didn`t want to release any information that might be evidence at a trial.
    Do you a have library card? This is from the City Of Ottawa public library site here
    http://www.biblioottawalibrary.ca/co.../subject_e.cfm

Look for 'Canadian Newstand'. Open that link. To access this you'll need to enter your library card info. Then search for Reynald Patenaude.
    Last edited by Askari; 6/18/2007 6:12am at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/17/2007 10:27pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: None Yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did anyone notice if sJP was there?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2007 10:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. T.
    Did anyone notice if sJP was there?
    Didn't see him myself, no, and no one mentioned him. I'm pretty sure he wasn't unless he was lurking, which would seem out of character. Why do you ask?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2007 10:40am

Style: MMA, BJJ, Drunken Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Askari, this guy is JP's cousin. I heard this story from JP himself one day after class when I was pulled aside into his office. It was kind of weird because JP brought this up at a time when the conversation wasn't even remotely close to such a topic. It was as though he was proud of his cousin but was feeling me out to see if I felt the same.
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 289101112 13 LastLast