Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2007 9:28am

Style: MT,BJJ noob.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fanger123
    i heard not so good stuff about the thai jutsu jutsu school... maybe worth a look in the future for investigation.
    I didn't see the second fight of the night, but other than that I think all their fighters lost.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2007 9:36am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    HI Guys, i am Alex who fought Ryan.
    Not to Nitpick like my teammate Kevin ;) but Terrie (the girl who won her fight) is from our school too.... just to let ya know :)
    Honestly, i underestimated FSD and i payed the price. I expected straight blasts and him moving forward recklessly but that wasn't the case. I coulden't establish my range and everytime i let my hands go he did a great job of a) countering with some some solid punches or b) clinching. He was strong, tough and pretty quick... so that equaled a long night for me.

When i went to the corner after the second i knew that i had lost the first two rounds and i really tried to finsih the fight at the end but i too had some major conditioning problems... i landed a pretty solid headkick and thought i had him but i coulden't finish.

I talked quite a bit with Ryan and he was a very classy a graceful guy. The Fangers were brave to put it all on the line like they did and i definetely respect them for that.

I really didnt see myself losing this fight going in but i did, so i guess its back to the drawing board. :)

Thanks to those who came and enjoyed the fights!

Alex

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2007 9:49am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tofu
    HI Guys, i am Alex who fought Ryan.
    Not to Nitpick like my teammate Kevin ;) but Terrie (the girl who won her fight) is from our school too.... just to let ya know :)
    Hello Alex, thanks for coming and giving us your version. I fixed that about Terrie. It should have occurred to me that the h20 fighters weren't coming out in traditional Thai garb and doing the pre-fight rituals like the TriStar guys. Sorry about the loss. Ryan has fought in a ring before, I should say. I think they're all smart enough to throw out 90% of FSD when it comes time to fight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2007 9:53am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't be sorry about the loss... no reason to be. Well, regardless of whether they get rid of their techniques in the ring, i think we have to acknowledge that it was those techniques or at least their training was brought them to where they're at right?

Ryan has fought before? He told me he hadn't. Dosen't matter i suppose.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2007 10:01am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tofu
    Ryan has fought before? He told me he hadn't. Dosen't matter i suppose.
    It wasn't at all like this. It was a CEGEP thing. The only way in which it was similar is that it took place in a ring in front of people. I'm not surprised he doesn't count it.

As for the techniques, yes and no. I'd say 90% of what they learn is window dressing. I guess if you buy those techniques then it keeps you interested, thinking "oh man I can't wait until I'm (color) sash so I can learn the next phon sau!" but other than that? What these people do right is train with a crazy intensity.
    Last edited by myrmecophilous; 6/17/2007 10:06am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2007 10:45am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    edit: nevermind.
    Last edited by myrmecophilous; 6/18/2007 9:38am at .

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    6/17/2007 11:41am

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Good Boy
    Hey guys last night was interesting to say the least. myrmecophilous is right i was gassed. I gassed after like 30 seconds of the first round. I tried to keep pressure on my opponent but his kicks were very strong and he was moving away well and clinching when he had to. At the end of the second round I remember being hit by like 3-5 punches to the head undefended, nothing hurt me but I knew he had taken that round and I would have to come back strong in the third. My body just wasnt responding in the third round, and he was in better shape and he dominated me although i dont remember being kicked on the chin by a kick. I will get the video soon and upload the fight.
    - Within your first few fights this is pretty standard. The average person would not appreciate the amount of energy spent in the ring. From what it sounds like, and going back to my experience with the FSD group, they are all very strong and well conditioned. The people I talked to (don't ask who I won't say) said you looked good but got out muscled in the ring.

Not to nitpick or anything but Tod Wailo, Alex Bon-Miller and myself do not train at Tristar, we train at H2O Martial Arts Academy (www.h2oma.com)
    - Give Jack-In-The-Box a few weeks and they'll have had their guys beating Jon St. Pierre and David 'the crow' Lowso.......

At this level of skill and experience we all have terrible technique, no combos, and tend to brawl too much when it comes down to fight time.
    - Thanks for clarifying that. I was curious to the level of skill. Would you call this a 'between schools' tournament rather than a 'fight card'?

Props for stepping up, every trip to the ring makes it a little better...

TKD

PS - Maybe because I've never fought in my home town I'm just used to ignoring the 'crowd'.

THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

"Ladies and gentlemen, the pilot has instructed everyone to sit the **** down and shut the **** up." Henry Rollins

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2007 11:44am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TKD Black Belt
    - Thanks for clarifying that. I was curious to the level of skill. Would you call this a 'between schools' tournament rather than a 'fight card'?
    Do you suppose there was ANYONE there who would say the Fangers are good enough for the UFC?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2007 11:49am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TKD Black Belt
    - Give Jack-In-The-Box a few weeks and they'll have had their guys beating Jon St. Pierre and David 'the crow' Lowso.......
    Are you implying I mislabelled H20 as TriStar to somehow make FSD seem better?

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    6/17/2007 7:35pm

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b
    Do you suppose there was ANYONE there who would say the Fangers are good enough for the UFC?
    - I thought you did FSD? I'm sure Jack is jerking off over the success of his boys!

Quote Originally Posted by myrmecophilous
    Are you implying I mislabelled H20 as TriStar to somehow make FSD seem better?
    - Nope, but I find it amusing that you would feel the need to comment on this.

TKD

THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

"Ladies and gentlemen, the pilot has instructed everyone to sit the **** down and shut the **** up." Henry Rollins
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213 LastLast