Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/08/2007 10:04am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Is this real Aikijujutsu?

Hi,
    I have had an interest in learning Aikijujutsu for a while.
    I found this place in the UK, but it doesn't say if it is Daito Ryu or another style.
    Does it look genuine?
    http://www.ukjujitsu.com/aikijujitsu.html

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/08/2007 11:00am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if you're looking for the real aikijujitsu, this does not look like that.

i watched their video section, and if they don't spar, which it doesn't say that they do, THOSE TECHNIQUES WILL NEVER WORK.

also, they apparently train for multiple opponents in a dead fashion, based on their last couple of videos. that is bad news.

if i were you i would steer clear from this place. if you train judo you should already be able to catch a leg, sweep the other one, and kick to the groin.

no bullshido martial arts necessary for that. don't get attached to this aikijujitsu thing, because even if you do find a legitimate daito-ryu school, you're just learning more dead patterns.

Posted On:
    5/08/2007 1:43pm

Style: Muay Thai n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow this looks like crap. (No offense)
    YAY! I get to buy a "Budo Pass" for whenever I needed to get into the "Super Samurai Secret Meetings" I could use that!!!
    Aikijutsu is suspect, IMO, to begin with because it rarely has pressure training, a lot of its techs are low % and is the father of Aikido which should be a huge warning beacon right there. THIS looks worse. It's like AJ with full on USA TKD McDojoism.

Also, look bottom left corner the whole thing is copy-righted to some "Zen Ha Kempo Ryu" find what that is all about and you'll find out what this place is about (I'm assuming shitty McDojo schools)

The techs were a laugh and the sensei is a fat, balding, white guy. This thing just screams bad ****. Actually, with this looking so McDojo-y and with the Kenpo tag this guy could go for an investigation of legitimacy of AJ claims at the very least.

Finally, the song that always played when you opened a new page REALLY FUCKING ANNOYED ME.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/08/2007 3:33pm

Style: Judo, Tomiki Aikido, ??

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is not an Aikijujutsu school. It is a Kenpo/Modern Jujutsu School that in part probably descends from the "Goshin" portion of Judo.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/11/2007 11:23am

Style: Daito Ryu Aikijujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Speaking from a technical standpoint, it does not appear to be Daito Ryu at all. It visually appears a lot more like Hapkido with a Kenpo/Shotokan cross. The videos may be "demos" and not representative of how they train but the website tries to build a "family and friendly" atmosphere; nothing wrong with that but not the first place I send persons for intense physical and mental training. The song is annoying.

Posted On:
    5/25/2007 3:53pm

Style: Lethargy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How do you turn the fucking music off? Thats appalling, I'd boycott their school based on that.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/30/2007 6:50am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: islam-silat

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi - I trained exclusively in Aikijujutsu in Japan for 6 years, and I can tell you this is not even close.

Some comments about aikijujutsu being "dead" -- this art is waza based, but it is a mistake to train in waza without knowing how to use it as a learning tool. It would be like carrying around a Spanish-English-English-Spanish dictionary in order to communicate in Mexico.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/16/2007 11:36am

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I found the instructor's name listed under 9th dans on this page. (Roger Martin). it has a Daito Ryu link. But who knows. The link isn't helpful at all and I couldn't find his name mentioned.
    http://www.ajjif.org/IFMAOMBelts.htm