Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/14/2007 6:17pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mate I found Boxing alot easier too learn than BJJ and ALOT cheaper but I also found Boxers to be a decent bunch while the BJJ club I went too were a pack of fuckwits so I suppose my view is a bit biased

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/14/2007 7:29pm

Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Macho
    Ha, the got fucking "martial arts" as a single, all-encompassing category, all separated from boxing. So much for human intelligence.
    Yeah, I noticed that too. I don't know what else they would really do, though. I could see them separating a couple of styles, but there are a lot that are too similar in "difficulty" to separate them ALL. The other thing I didn't like about that listing is that it didn't give any names of the people that were on the panel, so you can't research them.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/15/2007 8:13am

Style: BJJ/boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by graham5171
    Mate I found Boxing alot easier too learn than BJJ and ALOT cheaper but I also found Boxers to be a decent bunch while the BJJ club I went too were a pack of fuckwits so I suppose my view is a bit biased
    the fuckwit syndrome is more a product of the "newness and novelty" of BJJ, you get the badass wannabees that think "if I learn BJJ I'll be able to kick so much ass". Eventually those people tend to get weeded out.

I'm sure boxing has gone through this cycle. I knew a guy in high school that was a boxer and he was one of the biggest dicks around. He would walk around and randomly throw hooks at people and laugh at their "inability to stop him", the worst was when he did it to a kid in a wheelchair.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/15/2007 8:54am

Style: Goju-Ryu, BJJ, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by smillard
    I knew a guy in high school that was a boxer and he was one of the biggest dicks around. He would walk around and randomly throw hooks at people and laugh at their "inability to stop him", the worst was when he did it to a kid in a wheelchair.
    Fighting people in wheelchairs is incredibly manly.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/15/2007 8:57am

Style: KrottyCrappleAnimeLARPing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickeroon1987
    Fighting people in wheelchairs is incredibly manly.
    'Specially when the guy is drooling.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/19/2007 3:39pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    True and there are plenty of arseholes in boxing but I never got snobbed as badly as I did while trying to learn BJJ ,Its a good martial art that somehow attracts alot of arrogant people.
    (For those that are getting angry about this generalisation go to a comp youll see what I'm getting at)

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    5/19/2007 4:21pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It probably (like anything else) depends on the school. The place I do BJJ at is primarily a MMA gym and has boxing going on at the same time as BJJ.

The MMA fighters and people training for MMA do it all.

The BJJ people know whats what and are all good guys.

Professional Fighter

Posted On:
    5/22/2007 6:37am

supporting member
     Style: Shotokan Karate, Muay Tha

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    boxing IS harder than BJJ, I've done both (at least Muay Thai) and trust me regardless of all the ways you can get hurt in grappling there is a major difference in mindset.

Simply put the psychology of being in an MMA match and fighting a person known to be a "knockout puncher" versus fighting someone known as a "submission wizard" is very, very different. One means tapping and walking away, the other means leaving on a stretcher. This difference in mindset is usually one of the things that definitely plays into how hard people make boxing and bjj for themselves.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910