Style
    .45 ACP
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey IW - where in Tempe do you go? I'm looking for a new place to train and I work right in Tempe.

Style
    Wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to go to AZ Combat Sports when I was semi regularly living here. Don't know where they are now though, their old location is empty now. I'm only back here temporarily, I work out with some guys down at Pure Fitness on Baseline/Rural once in a while. Either that or I go over the the Sunkist club and get in some work there. Ask Goldust though, he probably knows more about who to train with here. The only BJJ guys I know are Megaton, Gustavo, Jerry, and the con man. I don't know any other legit BJJ instructors, though the rage in the cage guy being legit is dubious at best. Now it seems like there's a school that does BJJ on every corner, when 10 years ago there were basically 2, and only one of those was actually worth it.

I'm probably not gonna stick around past June because of the weather. I grew up here, but can't stand the heat. It's not as hot in the Bahamas, and the humidity balances it out, but there I can at least walk to the beach or harass the tourists at Club Med.

Too bad nobody does BJJ down there or else I might never have to come back to the mainland.
    Last edited by International W; 5/02/2007 11:13pm at .

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Theres a Muay Thai and BJJ place called Sitan Gym in Chandler.

http://www.sitangymaz.com/

The jiu jitsu instructor(Eddie Sanchez) is figting in the ADCC tournament this weekend in New Jersey.

Edit...I was throwing this out there as another choice for people residing in the east valley.
    Last edited by Taishar; 5/04/2007 4:54am at .

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by International W
    I used to go to AZ Combat Sports when I was semi regularly living here. Don't know where they are now though, their old location is empty now.
    They are just about a block north on McClintock of the old location since Feb. Just south of Apache behind Jiffy Lube on east side of McClintock. More parking, mat space, and an octagon.

Style
    Wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm glad they got a bigger place. I remember I came down around when Trevor first opened up and had Danny Boy Bennett there with him. That place was a freaking closet, seriously. Maybe I'll drop in and check it out, the Sitan Gym sounds good too, but I don't think Eddie would help me much, he'd probably remember me from the old old days...haha. Still he's really tough for 120 lbs. I never understood why he wasn't a world champion at that weight.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld supporting member
    Style
    Taai Si Ji Kung Fu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Culled from:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54192

Note: The "BJJ con man" referred to by International W already has a thread. It can be found here:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54488
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.