Our Sponsors:

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678 910111218 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/27/2003 11:52am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    who said that KM does not use grappling and groundfighting???/. who said that karate does not use this is stupid and he has never trainde in okinwan karate, in karate katas there grappling (tegumi) and ground fighting techniques.

KM is used by isreali army and mossad as survival Survival is the unique, elite martial art technique developed in 1995 by Shihan Miki Erez and Shihan Moti Horenstein.Survival is based on the martial art taught in the Israeli Special Forces, Survival incorporates the most powerful elements of Mas Oyama, full contact Karate, Judo, Ju-Jitsu, Kickboxing, Thaiboxing, Grappling and the Israeli Defense Forces self-defense technique Krav Maga. In combining these prominent self-defense styles,Shihan Moti along with Shihan Miki have developed a way to unleash an inner force powerful enough to disarm any attacker in any situation. Uniting mind and body control into one technique in which every move creates a specific reaction on the part of the opponent, Survival has three clear goals: defend, attack and overpower

Katas contains all you need to defend yourself in the street at long,medium,close range (shime waza- chokes & stranges,tachi waza-throws,ashi waza- foot sweeps, kansetsu waza- rm locks. It is necessary that you understand the meaningand bunkai:

to do so keep in mind these rules (Aberthy):
    1) all ata applications are designed to end confrontation there and then
    2) all parts of movementsare significant
    3)every kata move is designed for use in combat
    4)the angle at which techniques is performed is important
    5) the stances are vital part of teechniques
    6)real fights are sloppy affairs and the way the application is performed will reflect this
    7)strikes should be delivered to anatomical weak points
    8) there are many effective applicatins for every mvemnt
    9) all applications must be workable in real situations

the karate of gickin funakoshi can be seen in the book Karate jutsu(extremely similar to Matsubayashi ryu of okinawa)In this bok and in karate Kyohan a person understand the real Funakoshis' karate

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/27/2003 11:56am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    kung fu i agree with you and i said that before in the forum it is the guy that sucks and not the style.

Hole in one.

Posted On:
    8/27/2003 12:15pm

Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    " I thought Krav maga involved tanks and missles and ****? '

You're kidding right?!?! LOL!

My only pet peeve with KM is that its too young and it has many people making many versions of this system.

One of my students went to israel to partake in sniper training. He had been with me for about 5 years or so. His KM instructor told him to hold his arm position directly on his chest his fists under his chin. My student told him that it was unwise to do that. So the KM instructor ordered him up to fight. My student kicked him in the elbow and the KM instructor knocked two of his own teeth out with his own fists.

This style need more agreement between the practitioners and more evolution. You are only as good as your best opponent. If you are good only with people that don't know much then you are going to have problems.
    Give to Haiti relief. text "haiti' to 90999
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TeacherMonkey?feature=mhee

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/27/2003 12:18pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    KM does focus more on weapons than empty hands in the military...that is why deltaforce's argument is ****. Civilian KM is more about training method than technique.
    There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/27/2003 12:25pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Deltaforce,

Where are the internal memo's or field manuals.

Those would be considered in any court of law as admissable evidence, wouldn't you say?

==================
    "When we go to the ground, you are in my world. The ground is the ocean, I am the shark, and most people don't even know how to swim." RCJ Machado
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/27/2003 12:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    cyrijl are you with IKMF?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/27/2003 12:31pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    no. with the u.s. branch out of l.a. (student not instructor)...but even the internaitonal schools which teach civilians focus more on agression than shooting with an mp5

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/27/2003 12:32pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    p.s. which has nothing to do with the karate guy getting f-ed up because he can't grapple (as most karateka can't)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/27/2003 12:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i knew that you were a student i would advice to check the curriculum of the IKMF (you are a bit confused mate)

again are these karatekas that you mentioned **** in tegumi (grappling in okinawan language)coming from where i come from okinwan karate??? or again you are referring to SPORT KARATE.

Iam fucking bored to repeat all the time the same concept SPORT KARATE IS DIFFEREN FOM CLASSIC KARATEJUTSU OR RUYYU KEMPO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/27/2003 12:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i knew that you were a student i would advice to check the curriculum of the IKMF (you are a bit confused mate)

again are these karatekas that you mentioned **** in tegumi (grappling in okinawan language)coming from where i come from okinwan karate??? or again you are referring to SPORT KARATE.

Iam fucking bored to repeat all the time the same concept SPORT KARATE IS DIFFEREN FOM CLASSIC KARATEJUTSU OR RUYYU KEMPO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678 910111218 ... LastLast