Our Sponsors:

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2003 1:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sorry i did not ask, are you able to read?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2003 1:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    seriously how can the army not be a goverment enforcment agency i am baffled by that logic

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2003 1:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    realistic stret fighting techniques call them krav maga, jKD or okinwan karate everyone has in common the concepts above mentioned. BJJ is not mentioned at all
    by the way a good karateka:
    Mas Oyama
    Mas Oyama

In 1950, Sosai (the founder) Mas Oyama started testing (and demonstrating) his power by fighting bulls TRY SOME GRAPPLING!!!!. In all, he fought 52 bulls, three of which were killed instantly, and 49 had their horns taken off with knife hand blows. That it is not to say that it was all that easy for him. Oyama was fond of remembering that his first attempt just resulted in an angry bull. In 1957, at the age of 34, he was nearly killed in Mexico when a bull got some of his own back and gored him. Oyama somehow managed to pull the bull off and break off his horn. He was bedridden for 6 months while he recovered from the usually fatal wound. Today of course, the animal rights groups would have something to say about these demonstrations, despite the fact that the animals were already all destined for slaughter. In 1952, he traveled the United States for a year, demonstrating his karate, live and on national television. During subsequent years, he took on all challengers, resulting in fights with 270 different people. The vast majority of these were defeated with one punch! A fight never lasted more than three minutes, and most rarely lasted more than a few seconds. His fighting principle was simple if he got through to you, that was it. If he hit you, you broke. If you blocked a rib punch, you arm was broken or dislocated. If you didn't block, your rib was broken. He became known as the Godhand, a living manifestation of the Japanese warriors' maxim Ichi geki, Hissatsu or "One strike, certain death". To him, this was the true aim of technique in karate. The fancy footwork and intricate techniques were secondary (though he was also known for the power of his head kicks). It was during one of his visits to the United States that Mas Oyama met Jacques Sandulescu, a big (190 cm and 190 kg of muscle) Romanian who had been taken prisoner by the Red Army at the age of 16, and sent to the coal mines as a slave laborer for two years. They quickly became friends and remained so for the rest of Oyama's life, and Jacques still trains and acts as advisor to the IKO(1) to this day. In 1953, Mas Oyama opened his first "Dojo", a grass lot in Mejiro in Tokyo. In 1956, the first real Dojo was opened in a former ballet studio behind Rikkyo University, 500 meters from the location of the current Japanese Honbu Dojo (headquarters). By 1957 there were 700 members, despite the high drop-out rate due to the hardness of training. Practitioners of other styles came to train here too, for the jis-sen kumite (full contact fighting). One of the original instructors, Kenji Kato, has said that they would observe those from other styles, and adopt any techniques that "would be good in a real fight". This was how Mas Oyama's karate evolved. He took techniques from all martial arts, and did not restrict himself to karate alone. The Oyama Dojo members took their Kumite seriously, seeing it primarily as a fighting art, so they expected to hit and to be hit. With few restrictions, attacking the head was common, usually with the palm heel or towel-wrapped knuckles. Grabs, throws, and groin attacks were also common. Kumite rounds would continue till one person loudly conceded defeat. Injuries occurred on a daily basis and the drop out rate was high (over 90%). They had no official do-gi and wore whatever they had.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2003 1:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    cannabis continue to smoke mate and leave it alone.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2003 1:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Plus, many people claim that their system was adapted by the SEALs or some such, when the reality is that a) they've never seen a SEAL, or b) they served a short-term run. Special forces have *many* martial arts instructors, it's not a lifetime gig or anything. What they actually use in combat, furthermore, generally consists of smart, simple moves that are not the province of one style or another.

game dog

Posted On:
    8/26/2003 1:58pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Coming back to your first post, deltaforce: could have, would have, should have... so why didn't the karate practitioner actually DO any of these things?

Regarding the Abernathy quote about what to do when things do go to the ground: I'd much rather use the sweeps, locks and chokes that I've done a hundred times in live training than the gouges and throat crushes that are found in some kata or other. That's the fundamental thing about training BJJ, and discussions here have brought up the subject of live training about a gazillion times.

Regarding "brutal tools": many BBJ stylists, when they fight MMA, secure a good position (mount) and then pound away. Yeah, it works. But the pounding is not the difficult part.

Regarding law enforcement: in Germany, the police learn Ju-Jutsu, which contains just about everything, including pins, escapes from pins, and submissions on the ground. Of course it's not pure BJJ, but especially the police need nonlethal controlling methods (knee on stomach, anyone?). Beating the crap out of every suspect Oyama-style won't do.

Regarding fighting bulls: bulls tend to have four legs, making takedowns somewhat more difficult. However, I don't expect to fight a bull in a self-defense situation anytime soon.
    There are no wrong threats, only wrong answers. (Strategy game truism)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2003 1:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so wait your being condesceniding towards me and your saying that the us army is not a goverment enforcement agency
    listen mate your dumb as dirt dont insult me for pointing out your stupidity you make a point that no one who knows how to fight agrees with and then get all mad and defensive when no one agrees with you what the hell did you think would happen you haven't pointed out anything that hasn't been said before you bring no new insights to the table but expect to win the argument
    just like karate unable to adapt and change and still expecting to win

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2003 2:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In my dojo, the ground fighting practice revolves around the regaining of an upright position so that student can flee. "

yes this is self defence because when you flee you have already strike the guy to the eyes or the testicles.

please, i thought that wa a forum and not a place when it is not possible to have your opinion! read all the article

another thing, i am not a student but an instructor and i work in the security industry so i know about what i say

Why does everyone think that striking to the eyes and testicles are ultimate? do you not think that BJJ people can do it too, especially when their in a better grappling position and probably more athletic? Do you think that performing a kata and punching the air will make you better at poking eyes and kicking testicles? that's where your mistaken. Also, BJJ probably can't fight off multiple opponents. Neither can Karate. But BJJ can fight single opponents more effectively. Don't get me wrong Karate is a great style, but for brutal fighting it cant really compare to BJJ

Co-Founder, Retired Admin

Posted On:
    8/26/2003 2:23pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Karate,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This guy is a troll. Stop feeding him.

Ill break this down for you guys so you can identify trolls in the future.

First, take a look at how many posts they have and if they've EVER said anything intelligent.

Then, watch as they make 1 or 2 serious posts which they get from another forum or just copy some MA questions they find on the net.

Then, watch as the "Tai Chi, most EFFECTIVE martial art" comes out....or just ANY post that bashes BJJ in general. This is because they know this will get the reaction they're looking for.

Stop feeding this troll.
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    8/26/2003 2:27pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Deltaforce: You're making excuses. Your style lost. It continues to lose. Deal with it.

See Gracie VS ichihara, ufc 2. Also see GJJ in action tapes.

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast