Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2003 11:49am

Style: Aikido and Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, Geoff is not a pure Karateka however. He's skilled in just about every range. Also, have you read his book Animal Day, he doesnt really talk that highly of Karate.

Delta, also remember that not every Karateka is a knowledgeble and REAL is Mr Thompson, same as not evey BJJer is as godly Helio.

Community Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    8/26/2003 12:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, TKD BB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    15 years karate Funakoshi-matsubayashi ryu,judo and aikido, nippon kempo.several time trained in Okinawa and japan
    Do you have rank in Judo? And if so with what organization?

Otherwise it seems to me you've trained in a lot of TMA's that _may_ have been useless for real fighting, depending on how they were trained. And don't feel bad if that's the case, BTW. I wasted some time in one too, and am only now starting to train in other stuff that does work.

Have you ever competed full contact?

I have seen dillman in action and even if its system is difficult to learn becuse youhave to be very exacton the meridian and pressure points believ me when learn it it works
    I've seen Penn and Teller perform too and it was pretty darn impressive. I saw one time where they had Dave Letterman pick a card and put it back in the deck. Then they placed the deck on his desk and dropped a big pile of earthworms on it. Then the earth worms writhed around until the pushed out a single card. That card was the card Dave picked! How freakin' amazing is that? And I have no idea how they did it. I do however, know it was a trick and not real magic.

Dillman = Penn and Teller

(Though not nearly as entertaining.)

the best government security agencies all around the world do not use it to train their recruits??? they use krav maga, wing chun, karate (kyokushinkai and okinwan) and so on.
    Actually there is little uniformity in what Law Enforcement and military agencies use for their h2h training. But why might they use something that I and many others think is bullshido? Eh. Why do some agencies consult psychics? Because they can have stupid and gullible people in them just like in any other walk of life, that buy into the same load of mumbo-jumbo and BS.

Regards,
    Matt

Homer: What do you have to wash this awful taste down with?

Vendor: Crab juice and Mountain Dew.

Homer: Yeeuch! Bleh! Ugh! ... I'll have a crab juice!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2003 12:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [quote]
    15 years karate Funakoshi-matsubayashi ryu,judo and aikido, nippon kempo.several time trained in Okinawa and japan
    Do you have rank in Judo? And if so with what organization?

listen mate: world karate confederation,ISKF-JKA (karate),Aikikai (italian hombu dojo of the Tokyo head quarters),judo 3 dan (Filpj, italian olympic committee affiliated with kodokan tokyo where i have trained). Yes I trained and fought in kick boxing and nippon kempo (do you know what is nippon kempo??? do a bit of research.However i am proud to define me as a traditional karateka.

for Kensai,
    I totally agree with you
    however Thompson is a karateka from his website:http://www.geoffthompson.com/articles/article_yesterdays_truisms.htm

"My training in Shotokan Karate began in Coventry in 1983 under the direction of John Johnston. I also occasionally trained at Mick Jackson’s & Jeff Stansfield’s clubs. All these clubs were associated with the K.U.G.B (which was affiliated to the J.K.A.) It was during this time that i met & trained with Geoff

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/26/2003 1:03pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What an ass. Do your research before you make blanket statements about BJJ.

There are Field Manuals of BJJ out there for the US Military.

I wonder why?

==================
    "When we go to the ground, you are in my world. The ground is the ocean, I am the shark, and most people don't even know how to swim." RCJ Machado
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2003 1:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if there is an ass maybe is you (why be personal in this way mate donbe rude!!),

the US military cannotbe categorised as a government enforcement agency such as mossad, FBI etc...

and if we want to be more precise ironically karate has been diffused in Us from okinawa by US marines as George Alexander.

Posted On:
    8/26/2003 1:17pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "I dont mean to be insulting but I really would NOT reccomend George Dillman for anything. The techniques are in fantasyland. "

despite the wording, i agree

Re: deltaforce
    I once said a while back
    "These British people don't know English!"

XX-We have had discussions about that vid before. I don't understand why someone would make such crap....

--
    Hard Work, Patience, Dedication

Fighting Multiples - http://bullshido.com/article_read.asp?id=162

Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2003 1:19pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "I think that the commentson this download have been unfair.The BJJ guy in a real self defence situatin could have been hit when was coming towards the karateka with a mae geri in the face, on the back with a smashing technique such as empi uchi (elbow strike) and on the ground with other techniques that can be found in old shotokan katas(pre JKA)

The old okinwan karate (i include funakoshis karate pre japanization contained ithe book Karate jutsu) was a very violent self defence system :Techniques such as Close Range Striking, Throws & Takedowns, Chokes & Strangles, Arm Locks, Leg & Ankle locks, Neck Cranks, Wrist Locks, Finger Locks etc. are all included within the karate katas.

As Ian Abernethy argues http://www.iainabernethy.com/articles/article_1.htm:
    "In a mixed martial arts tournament (such as the Ultimate Fighting Championship) it is quite common to see contestants opt for the fight to go to the ground. This is a sound strategy if the contestant knows that they possess superior ground fighting skills to their opponent. In today's society real fights are rarely one on one for any length of time and hence opting for a ground fight is a sure way to get 'a good kicking' from your assailant's colleagues (or anyone else who fancies a 'free shot'). In the UFC, techniques such as biting, crushing the testicles, gouging the eyes etc. are banned. And yet these are the norm (and a highly effective 'norm') in a self-defence situation. Possibly the most significant difference between sport ground fighting and real ground fighting is the 'intent' behind the fight. In a sporting contest your aim is to win the tournament. In a real fight your aim is to assure your safety. In my dojo, the ground fighting practice revolves around the regaining of an upright position so that student can flee. In a competition match the strategy may well be: A, Take the fight to the floor. B, Keep the fight on the floor. C, Weaken and tire the opponent. D, Get the opponent to submit using the techniques allowed in the rules. In a real fight (and hence the method used in the katas) the strategy would be: A, Avoid going to the floor at all costs. B, If the fight does go to the floor, regain your feet as quickly as possible. C, If getting up is not immediately possible, then hurt the opponent using simple (probably brutal) techniques. D, Once back to your feet, escape and seek shelter or help. Throughout the katas the majority of close range techniques begin with an attempt to seize the throat, gouge the eyes or crush the testicles (sometimes a combination thereof). Any of these techniques will end a fight almost instantly (and that is why the katas favour them). Should these techniques be thwarted, the katas contain numerous locks, strikes, throws etc. that flow on from these initial techniques. It is important to understand that the katas record the key strategies and fighting principles of their creators. These strategies and principles are far more important that the techniques used to demonstrate them. When a fight hits the ground, the same strategy as used when vertical would be adopted by the karateka - if you can't get up instantly, then seize the throat, gouge the eyes or crush the testicles (obviously, these techniques are only justified in extreme circumstances - which is what kata is all about). If that is not possible then attack the opponent using the locks, chokes, strangles contained within the katas. The kata rarely demonstrates these techniques on the floor (although it does on occasion), as the preferred option is to remain vertical. However, the principles upon which the techniques rest are consistent whether the techniques are utilised vertically or horizontally"

so maybe we should make a difference between realistic self defence and sport even if violent as K1"

Oh yeah, I hadn't realised this before! You are totally correct!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2003 1:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    glad that you did MMA Phil, you leran quickly!

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/26/2003 1:24pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I cannot believe I have a freaking non american explaining US Goverment to me.

Deltaforce... The name elicits terror, since it is an American Military Group.

Show me all your proof about Goverment agencies learning your Karate.

I'm actually getting tired of idiot TMA's thinking they can do better.

Next moron that says they could have done better, I will school myself.

==================
    "When we go to the ground, you are in my world. The ground is the ocean, I am the shark, and most people don't even know how to swim." RCJ Machado
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2003 1:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    listen mate ( i do not call you idiot because it is a difficult word for you to understand)

i spoke about krav maga and it i used by the mossad (you know what is it???i doubt it but i do not tell you research!)

FBI use a mix of krav maga, karate and ju jitsu
    read this idiot:
    During more than twenty years of training Bruce Lee's Jeet Kune Do, I have developed a program that is used by our U.S. Navy SEAL teams, the FBI, DEA, and over 50 police departments across America. Why have these agencies requested my services so often over the years? Simple…I can turn people into fighters in a matter of days. Most of these agencies have very little time to allocate to defensive tactics. Consequently, they come to me because I have streamlined very high-level training methods into a highly effective formula…the very same formula I will be teaching you.

Basically there are four ranges in fighting: Kicking, punching, trapping, and grappling. Of the thousands of fighting styles such as kung-fu, karate, wrestling, or boxing, most styles fall within the confines of only one of these ranges. 99.9 percent of all martial artists (or street brawlers) are familiar with two or three of the ranges - most no-holds-barred fighters can kick, punch, and wrestle. But one of Bruce Lee's biggest revelations was that almost no one knows how to fight in trapping range!

In trapping range, we can utilize the most barbaric tools on the body (headbutts, knees, elbows) that have the capacity to take an opponent out of commission. If you stay out in long range and trade bombs (punches and kicks) with someone, the bigger, stronger, faster, younger person usually wins. On the other hand, when we talk about slamming our head into someone's face, or driving a knee into the groin, size and strength become irrelevant.

One of the first things you'll learn is how to use nerve destructions to deal with heavy punches and kicks. Secondly, you and I will be doing hands-on training called "energy drills" -drills passed on from Bruce Lee to Dan Inosanto to me…and now to you. I will then teach you the most effective trapping techniques that enable you to take out your opponent with a barrage of elbows, knees, and head butts.

http://www.fighting.net/training.php

don't find these concepts similar to what i continue saying in this forum????????
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast