Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2003 10:31am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    15 years karate Funakoshi-matsubayashi ryu,judo and aikido, nippon kempo.several time trained in Okinawa and japan

second if BJJ or simple JJ is so good in self defence why (and believe me a know that!! for my work)the best government security agencies all around the world do not use it to train their recruits??? they use krav maga, wing chun, karate (kyokushinkai and okinwan) and so on.

the idea that you have of karate is false, you speak about sport karate (competition karate) that probably that guy of the video come from. I speak about karatejutsu,used when in okinawa (different from today society with police in the street)if you walked along th street you never knew if you would have come back home.

However, i wonder what a kyokunshikai karateka (that use to train as in okinwan karate) would have done. I have seen dillman in action and even if its system is difficult to learn becuse youhave to be very exacton the meridian and pressure points believ me when learn it it works

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2003 10:41am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The fight was a challenge match for about 500 USD. I would say that would be a perfect time to pull out your "street fighting" techniques

there are not my street fighting techn. However what is so amazing of this, the opponent did not strikein the face or in other points he just went towards him give him the possibility to do what he did???

so what??? do you think that in a self defence situation happens?? you could be very amazed but statistically you know what is the first strike in the street is the head strike inthe face.

then another consideration if they were two guys (and this is also common in ral self defence)? the other guy what he would have done watch it how good the grappler was or kick the head of the grappler????????

Co-Founder, Retired Admin

Posted On:
    8/26/2003 10:45am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Karate,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That CRAP about the Kyokushin fight being 'rigged' is PURE bullshit. The Chinese fighters STUNK. I have that video and they got KILLED. PERIOD. If you think it was rigged than you dont know anything about training because its easy to see blows connect and its easy to see people getting KOCKED UNCONSCIOUS by kicks.

Ive fought in Kyokushin and its WAY tougher than even MMA.
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2003 10:46am

Style: Aikido and Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I dont like Dillman, and I really dont like pp striking and I'm an Aikidoka.

Goddamn TMA trolls, you give us all a bad name.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2003 10:53am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if anyone after all that doubt about my background this is pretty like where i come fromin training conceptions and efficacy

www.geoffthompson.com

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2003 10:56am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So did you train with Geoff Thompson, or are you just comparing your attitude to his approach?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2003 11:01am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i would say that the approach is similar and geoff is a karateka

Co-Founder, Retired Admin

Posted On:
    8/26/2003 11:05am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Karate,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It seems that this type of situation is the RULE, not the exception. The grapplers always close the distance and take down the strikers....unless they have extensive knowledge of grappling themselves.

Its very easy to say "Hit him in the face...KIAIII!" as the grapplers closes the distance.

Very hard to actually DO however.
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2003 11:10am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    PD - as for the 'Chinese' fighters, I can't see how that bunch of pasty, overweight, clueless juvenile idiots could ever *want* to enter a tournament expecting to do well. The 'wing chun' 'training' looks like it was learnt out of a book. note how the announcer (on the video) says that 'kung fu is not meant for fighting' while we see these four weirdos striking bizarre poses and making animal sounds. how convenient an introduction.

two points suggesting that the 'wing chun' fighter in the clip is actually a karate fighter: (1) he KIAIS while doing his form, which is something no Chinese-trained fighter would do; (2) during the fight, he puts his weight over his front foot, a signature of Ashihara and other karate styles. He fights like a confused toddler--why would a highly competitive kyokushin tournament even *let* somebody so bad into its ranks? further suggesting a rig.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2003 11:12am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    By rigged, I don't mean the blows aren't real. Of course they're real KOs etc. The point is that the Karateka-disguised-as-kungfu'ers were supposed to lose, to show Kyokushin dominating other styles. Kyokushin did this kind of thing more than once during the 70's. Whatever the intensity or realism of Kyokushin training, nobody is above self-promotion.
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast