Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    9/12/2003 2:08pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To Deltaforce,

While there may be differences between countries a major component of a M.Sc in the US is based on research. In the US, master's are divided into either Master's of Science (ex biochem, physics, etc.) or a Master's of Arts (ex History, Philosophy etc.). There is then a doctorate in philosophy (PhD) which is the term used across disciplines (ex either history or physics). But again this has nothing to do with the TOPIC!

Again learn to fucking read, I did not say physics wasn't a component to MA's, I said it wasn't relevant to the TOPIC. I also did not say you were 45, I said that was my mental image.

Edited by - Dochter on September 12 2003 14:46:02

Badness will not be rewarded

Posted On:
    9/12/2003 2:12pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fantastic pic Vapour!

Omar -

You can see the some of the Kimura, Americana, Keylock or whatever varients of it with the following links.

http://bjj.org/techniques/aranha/kimura/

http://bjj.org/techniques/aranha/valetudo/

Look at the position of the guy's left arm at the end of the clip. See how it is bent backwards with that shitty choke/control attempt? That is how I got that idea that Mr. Scars is Kimura-ing himself. Then SLJ pointed that the move was actually an americana.

Edited by - MrMcFu on September 12 2003 14:58:28

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    9/12/2003 2:55pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Americana is a keylock. These are taught at my BJJ school as discrete submissions because they move in the opposite directions and cannot always be done from the opposite positions.

Deltaforce,
    You are truly amazing.

You keep calling me narrow-minded, but you haven't even asked what I think about your basic points, which you refuse to provide in a simple, comprehensible form. So I will continue to ask you to please formulate your points so that I might understand them, and then maybe I can tell you what I think of them.

A lot of people who are directly contradicting you are STRICTLY traditional martial art practitioners...IS THIS SINKING IN?

In fact, the only pure MMA person who's flaming you is...MMAPhil? I think so.

Anyone can look at 'superpartes' and tell it's made up of Latin word parts. But no, I didn't and won't study Latin.

You still haven't put in the time to understand English.

If you can't speak or write the language well enough to be understood, DON'T ARGUE IN IT.
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    9/12/2003 3:01pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks Wastrel, I was originally going to say that the americana was the keylock but then convinced myself it was the kimura.

Badness will not be rewarded

Posted On:
    9/12/2003 3:12pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wastrel - Thanks for that. I don't know the concise definitions for this family of joint locks. At my school we follow the examples, but never get too much into the naming of the moves. If you have any other light you would like to shed on it, I would be most happy to read about it.

Titan

Posted On:
    9/12/2003 5:22pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In BJJ:

Americana - Arm bent up

Kimura - Arm bent down

-----------------------------------------------------------
    "Oh you bastard, I fucking hate pikeys!" - Georgeous George
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Posted On:
    9/12/2003 5:49pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Correct.
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    9/12/2003 6:56pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Kimura looks like what I learned once as a 'chicken wing'. I never thought about reversing the direction like in an Americana.
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/12/2003 9:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am a pure traditional Kyokushin fighter, Delta makes some strong points but the fact that he types in caps locks decreases my respect for him and i now view him as an angry man taking out his anger on others on the internet. delta, what you don't realize is that every1 can have their own opinion. u have the right to disagree but when you directly proclaim that your style is superior and that they are doign the wrong thing, you can expect flaming.

Posted On:
    9/12/2003 11:16pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And may I point out that we have like three threads devoted to how radical Kyokushin is.
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 111718192021 22 LastLast