Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2003 9:47am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "please, i thought that wa a forum and not a place when it is not possible to have your opinion! read all the article"

You stated your opinion. And then others stated theirs. My opinion is: STFU NOOB

Co-Founder, Retired Admin

Posted On:
    8/26/2003 9:50am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Karate,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thats all good man, but sometimes you just CANT disengage. Its alot harder than most people realize. Have you ever trained with a competant grappling instructor in BJJ? Most people havent and they learn by watching, which is good, but you really should go to a qualified grappling instructor to get solid info.

I like the idea of training your students to get off someone after they're stunned. I dont think its a bad idea at all.
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/26/2003 9:51am

supporting member
     Style: SECRET DEADLY

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As an OKINAWAN karate guy I have to say " the guy could have " but he didn't. He got his ass kicked.
    Also on short clip can not be used as proof of one style over another.

-----------------------
    To follow the SENSEI withthout question is like walking down the train tracks with eyes closed and earplugs....its gonna get you killed.
    ----------------------------------------
    After reading Jekyll's threads I bring back an old sig.......

Do you really train or just bore people on message boards and parties talking about it.

Posted On:
    8/26/2003 9:54am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The funny thing is, the BJJ guy he fought was probably a newbie at the time.

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2003 10:01am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    but you really should go to a qualified grappling instructor to get solid info.

yes of course, you are nt invincible you always can find someon that can kick your ass, again this was not my point. My point was that from a self defence security position (with many years of experience0 i believe that the efficacy of a martial arts you se in astreet fight and not incompetion where there are rules to respect.

as far my grappling experience i am a judo instructor and judokas are one of the best premier grapplers of the martial arts community

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2003 10:09am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I also would advice to check george dillman what can dowith his kyusho justu system drawn from the shorin ruy katas

http://www.dillman.com/

Community Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    8/26/2003 10:19am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, TKD BB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Delta,

Now mentioning Dillman you really are looking like a troll.

Your profile was empty. Who are you, and what have you trained, where and for how long?

The BJJ guy in a real self defence situatin could have been hit when was coming towards the karateka with a mae geri in the face, on the back with a smashing technique such as empi uchi (elbow strike) and on the ground with other techniques that can be found in old shotokan katas(pre JKA)
    If the BJJ guy coulda been hit with that, the karate guy woulda done it. He didn't because he couldn't. Get it?

Matt

Homer: What do you have to wash this awful taste down with?

Vendor: Crab juice and Mountain Dew.

Homer: Yeeuch! Bleh! Ugh! ... I'll have a crab juice!

Posted On:
    8/26/2003 10:19am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I dont mean to be insulting but I really would NOT reccomend George Dillman for anything. The techniques are in fantasyland.

Your point was that the bottom person can GRAB and GOUGE but the top person can do this BETTER because he's in an advantageous position. I doubt you would like to have someone mounted on you and when a whistle is blown you BOTH go for vitals. You would lose man. By your comments you seem fairly clueless about grappling. Its like me saying that in standup, size means nothing. You would instantly know that Im not very knowledgeable.

Judo is not very well known for its newaza. Juso is known for its throwing. Its newaza is very limited due to restrictions Kano put on the system and the rule structure of the current Judo competitions.

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2003 10:29am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BTW, Deltaforce: this isn't directly relevant, but that Kyokushin vs 'Wing Chun' match was rigged. The fight is from a famous video called 'Fighting Black Kings' which was basically a tournament-infomercial for the supposed effectiveness of Kyokushin. The 'representatives' of other styles were actually Kyokushin-loyal fighters who pretended to do other styles then lost badly for the good image of their organization.

Badness will not be rewarded

Posted On:
    8/26/2003 10:29am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The fight was a challenge match for about 500 USD. I would say that would be a perfect time to pull out your "street fighting" techniques.

Looks like a solid case of 0wnage to me.
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast