Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/04/2007 9:47pm

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought overall quite good.

Here's a list of possible issues with it:

- You only did like a few jabs at the beginning. I like combinations to start with a jab to create an opening.

- There were no uppercuts in front of the bag. No hooks to the side of the bag. The strikes need to hit around someone's guard.

- Your footwork is only shuffling, and you never change lead leg ie. step throughs. Step throughs with a strike can be great for knocking down someone eg. Mighty Mo vs Hong Man Choi. Its hard to read, defensive, covers more range and has KO power.

- You didnt do many head shots and your shots were to a smaller opponent ie. no high hooks, high long hooks and high overhands. You did mainly body shots. You are probably at greater risk from larger opponents.

- I didnt see any defensive tactics besides step aways. How about duckunders, parries etc. Also ranging imagine the bag can hit you from longer than you can hit it.

-The kicks lacked power, particularly the high kicks. Your kicks need KO power or dont bother. (Often a problem from doing TKD point sparring.)
    Last edited by Lefty; 5/04/2007 9:50pm at .

Posted On:
    5/04/2007 9:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pretty good considering that you only have TKD and Wrestling training.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/04/2007 9:54pm

Style: Muay Thai/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't consider myself very good, but here's what I think:

I dunno if this can be attributed to the frame rate of the movie, but your jabs seem to be lingering a bit; it's like you're pushing the bag and/or leaving your hand on the bag after hitting it instead of pulling it back.

I can't say much about your footwork, because I can't really see your feet and what you're doing with them, but I kinda think the movement is a little rushed and panicky.

From what I can tell looking at the use of your hips, there just doesn't look like there is much of it in your kicks, and even less so in your punches. So...USE YOUR HIPS!

And finally at some parts you seem to be leaning into your punches, meaning you would have been falling forward if it wasn't for the bag being there for you to punch/push off of. Keep yourself balanced.

That's all I can point out from looking at this video.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/05/2007 12:47am

Style: Wrestling/BJJ/Fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thanks guys oh and like lefy said lack of power comes from tkd sparing i no what you mean im still trying to get power in kicks because ive been tkd sparing for half my life 7 years and i just quit about a mounth ago and im hoping to start at a realy good mma gym near where i live soon

Posted On:
    5/11/2007 11:05pm

Style: Muay Thai, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    DOn't knock into the camera stand. :D:D:D

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    5/12/2007 12:35am

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Find a gym.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Posted On:
    5/12/2007 1:12pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the red power ranger on the stand kicked your ass.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/12/2007 1:29pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Footwork wise, I think all you really need is shuffling. Sure, you can mix it up with step throughs and switching leads. But good job at working on the basics first.

Twist the body more into the punches and turn your hips more. The heel of whichever side you hit with should be up. Fast hands, just put more weight into them.

Now in general, you're throwing pretty wildly. Slow things down, take your time and focus on the technique for now. Go all out when you're doing Punchout drills though.

I'll try to post a video of my bag training sometime

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/12/2007 1:35pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not too bad, but a few holes and room for improvement.

Some more snap in the punches. Your hands drop before you throw a right, I had the same problem during sparring, but you shouldn't have it when hitting the bags. What you do in training, you do in the ring.

More hips. Imagine peanuts or a miniature head of Ashida Kim always by your feet. Essentially, you should be pivoting your feet on every power punch (and jab) and squishing said peanut/head with bad intentions. Try "sitting" into your rights as well. What I mean by sitting is bending your rear leg slightly to, kind of like a standing lunge, but not very deep.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast