Posted On:
    5/04/2007 11:53pm

Style: deciding

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitz
    This one is really easy.

You ever been in that battle?

If not then your art isn't battle tested.

If someone trained with Ali that doesn't make them a Championship boxer.

If someone trained in an art derived from battle field conditions that doesn't mean that they're capable in battle.

The historic usability of your art is meaningless if you yourself cannot use it.

Most of those who did included methods of pressure testing their training, in and out of their formal training. Ask Jack Hoban about the methods he uses when teaching USMC troups.
    This is actually my point, the system is combat worthy, of course its up to the man, just like any other art, im not saying that we dont have our goof-balls, my instructor for one only teaches the original tech, then he shows us how its going to look in today's world, hooks etc...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/04/2007 11:59pm

Style: deciding

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty
    Heh, my 5 year old son has quite a few fake swords, cricket bats and the like he likes to hit me with. I cant catch his sword strikes between both palms the way this book said to do it more than maybe 10% or 20% of the time, and this is a rubber/foam sword and a little kid (although revved up :new_2guns). My view is this ninja approach of clapping a sword blade is not going to work due to the power of the strike if not its incredible speed. If it doesn't work to defend against small children then there's a big problem.

once again, im not talking about that comic book bull-****, im talking hand to hand. and just for the record, how many bjj or mma techs are good for stopping swords haha

Badness will not be rewarded

Posted On:
    5/04/2007 11:59pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nsearch
    Ok then awnser me this, how in the name of GOD was this so effective for so many years and battle tested, i mean was everybody back in the day lunge punching and using no pressure ?

Why have so many law enforcement agencies trained and used this method ?
    1. How do you know it was effective and battle tested?
    2. Which ones train in ninjitsu?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/05/2007 12:12am

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    once again, im not talking about that comic book bull-****, im talking hand to hand. and just for the record, how many bjj or mma techs are good for stopping swords haha
    But they dont claim to be able to show moves that block sword strikes.

This guy is an expert in ninjutsu:

http://www.warrior-concepts-online.c...ey-miller.html

Maybe ask him how it works :laughing1

Posted On:
    5/05/2007 12:52am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seriously, who gives a **** about kickboxing, the same way that bjj guys say to us, do we think we are the only ones who know how to jab a finger in someones eye,
    do you seriously think that we cant throw shink kicks, i cant remeber the last time i was even near a bag and didnt throw shin kicks.

Elbows ...yep got those to , nice and pointy and if iam close enough to blast a face /throat/anything i can get..its going in that direction !
    The difference the kickboxer can do them well, against other people that can do, and defend them well. I'll wager that if you walk into a kickboxing club and start using bujinkan shin kicks the coach will see mistakes in your form. I hope you don't think that you have unlocked the kickboxing in the taijutsu?
    Last edited by Virus; 5/05/2007 12:57am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/05/2007 1:14am

Style: Judo, Tomiki Aikido, ??

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty
    Heh, my 5 year old son has quite a few fake swords, cricket bats and the like he likes to hit me with. I cant catch his sword strikes between both palms the way this book said to do it more than maybe 10% or 20% of the time, and this is a rubber/foam sword and a little kid (although revved up :new_2guns). My view is this ninja approach of clapping a sword blade is not going to work due to the power of the strike if not its incredible speed. If it doesn't work to defend against small children then there's a big problem.
    That sounds like an "Ashida Kim"-ism. While hugely funny Ashida Kim has nothing to do with either historic ninjutsu, any martial art associated with the Ninja in Japan or any of the contemporary Ninpo/Ninjutsu revivals since the end of the Second World War. His notions come from a combination of film, comics and 1960s mail order martial arts and shouldn't be used as source materials for understanding anything about Japanese Martial Arts.

There are several "unarmed against sword" and "minimally armed against sword methods contained within Japanese martial arts. None of them include the notion of doing a two handed sword catch by simply slapping your hands together. The majority involve learning how to evade the swords blade and edge or using specialized or improvized weapons to help in diflecting or trapping the blade.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/05/2007 1:22am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is actually my point, the system is combat worthy,
    Actually "Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu" isn't known to be combat worthy nor has it been applied in real combat by its primary source and so-called "Living Densho." Hatsumi's professional career was in medicine, performance and martial arts instruction. He hasn't been near combat or even police action at any point in that career. He certainly never saw any warfare as either a Samurai or a Ninja would have when the Ryuha he inherited were formed.

Also remember that BBT =/= the Nine Schools. Rather it is a distillation of those nine schools by their present Soke into an art uniquely his own.

Posted On:
    5/05/2007 1:37am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitz
    Actually "Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu" isn't known to be combat worthy nor has it been applied in real combat by its primary source and so-called "Living Densho." Hatsumi's professional career was in medicine, performance and martial arts instruction. He hasn't been near combat or even police action at any point in that career. He certainly never saw any warfare as either a Samurai or a Ninja would have when the Ryuha he inherited were formed.

Also remember that BBT =/= the Nine Schools. Rather it is a distillation of those nine schools by their present Soke into an art uniquely his own.
    He was a bone setter which is not real medicine.

AK: Giving new meaning to the word "Unfair."

Posted On:
    5/05/2007 1:47am

Style: Out-Of-Shape MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thread is :mblah05:

We're so happy that you have t3h real ninjitsu. Now you can spread t3h real gospel and begin t3h real resurgence of t3h fucking real ninja. :eusa_naug

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/05/2007 2:06am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    He was a bone setter which is not real medicine.
    Osteopathic medicine is something of an odd topic. Some forms of it are recognized by allopathic medicine as valid while at the same time other elements aren't. Sekkotsu, the Japanese form of bonesetting, tends to be similar to Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine with older elements of Traditional Chinese Medicine reinterpreted by the Japanese.

It's still medicine, it simply isn't Euro Allopathic Medicine, but this debate works better in its own thread if you're so inclinded.
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast