Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/21/2007 6:41pm

Style: BJJ,MT,RBSD (on hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark2001
    Well this art has work for me ive been in fights and won, rember this in Ma no one is trying to kill you, its a sport Ma has rules, in the real world there is no rules.
    This has discusses ad-infinitum, please use the search to educate yourself.

Is there an article or sticky somewhere with all the reference content for the whole "street vs. sport" bullshit so we can just refer noobs to it?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2007 7:50am

Style: Bujutsu / Muay Thai / MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by rw4th
    This has discusses ad-infinitum, please use the search to educate yourself.

Is there an article or sticky somewhere with all the reference content for the whole "street vs. sport" bullshit so we can just refer noobs to it?

Oh man...In for a minute there I thought he was talking about his ma!

(And here I was thinking she was one tough woman! yeesh! :icon_tong )

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/23/2007 9:14am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Ninjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark2001
    Well this art has work for me ive been in fights and won, rember this in Ma no one is trying to kill you, its a sport Ma has rules, in the real world there is no rules.
    "in the real world there is no rules"

at the end of the day/endless debate..this is what warrants remembering the most.
    The quote also warrants printing on a t shirt and wearing to training IMHO.

Guess which finger is the fickle one...

Posted On:
    8/23/2007 9:21am

supporting member
     Style: Karate/ Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by soyez efficaces
    "Ninjutsu is a form of Retardation":violent5:

at the end of the day/endless debate..this is what warrants remembering the most.
    The quote also warrants printing on a t shirt and wearing to training IMHO.

I support this idea,

Cafe press already makes a shirt like this.
    Last edited by FickleFingerOfFate; 8/23/2007 9:24am at . Reason: Shor-ten-ing the words so the Dumb-ass Nin-jers can un-der-stand them
    If you can't laugh at yourself,
    Others will be happy to do it for you. :evil6:

The 2 most abundant elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/23/2007 2:36pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd like to read a Street vs Sport sticky. Just so I know what to do on the street when a ewok attacks me with a broken beer bottle and smoke bombs.

Posted On:
    8/23/2007 4:25pm

Style: BJJ,MT,RBSD (on hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cuatro76
    I'd like to read a Street vs Sport sticky. Just so I know what to do on the street when a ewok attacks me with a broken beer bottle and smoke bombs.
    Ewoks use sticks, stones, and logs.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/23/2007 5:26pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: WMA, Suio Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pardon my ignorance on the subject, but wasn't ninjitsu supposed to be an art where you sneak in a castle, poison some fat Japanese dude, and then get out without being busted? Assuming it isn't just made up BS, wouldn't you mostly be learning how to sneak around and shank people in the back when they weren't expecting it? Isn't it mostly about sneaking up on somebody, slitting their throat and running away? Why would anyone try to defend it as a fighting art? It isn't really a fighting art.

Ironically, this has some use on "teh str33t". After getting stomped in a ring, you can kill the guy that humiliated you when he's getting into his car. So ninjas are the r3al str33t badasses after all....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/23/2007 5:38pm

Style: Taijutsu/Karate/Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nzeman
    Pardon my ignorance on the subject, but wasn't ninjitsu supposed to be an art where you sneak in a castle, poison some fat Japanese dude, and then get out without being busted? Assuming it isn't just made up BS, wouldn't you mostly be learning how to sneak around and shank people in the back when they weren't expecting it? Isn't it mostly about sneaking up on somebody, slitting their throat and running away? Why would anyone try to defend it as a fighting art? It isn't really a fighting art.

Ironically, this has some use on "teh str33t". After getting stomped in a ring, you can kill the guy that humiliated you when he's getting into his car. So ninjas are the r3al str33t badasses after all....
    pure truth:evil1:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/24/2007 7:20pm

Style: Taijutsu/Karate/Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by North Country Livin'
    The empty hand techniques taught in the so called "Ninjutsu" schools is basic jujutsu, taught in a retarted way. The fluid evasions and mai training is good, however the many instructors are not very good at executing and teaching the actual techniques. Many instructors actually don't even have that much of an understanding of the techniques, only vague concepts. Perhaps they were not transmitted properly to them?

All the guerilla ****......Have the instructors been taught this, or are they a bunch of LARPers. LARP I would say. If you want to learn guerilla fighting join the military and get into the special forces and do it for real and stop LARPing..............fucking ninjers.

:new_cussi :qleft2: :angry2:
    i know what you mean, many bujinkan instructors can be idiots because they arent looking at the big picture. There are good bujinkan instructors but you'de have to look for them(some might even know how to sneak around all cool:icon_bigg ). Is there a difference between taijutsu practitioners and n1nj3rs out of curiosity?
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718