Page 18 of 18 First ... 81415161718
  1. #171
    rw4th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,022
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark2001
    Well this art has work for me ive been in fights and won, rember this in Ma no one is trying to kill you, its a sport Ma has rules, in the real world there is no rules.
    This has discusses ad-infinitum, please use the search to educate yourself.

    Is there an article or sticky somewhere with all the reference content for the whole "street vs. sport" bullshit so we can just refer noobs to it?

  2. #172

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    907
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by rw4th
    This has discusses ad-infinitum, please use the search to educate yourself.

    Is there an article or sticky somewhere with all the reference content for the whole "street vs. sport" bullshit so we can just refer noobs to it?

    Oh man...In for a minute there I thought he was talking about his ma!

    (And here I was thinking she was one tough woman! yeesh! :icon_tong )

  3. #173

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    thailand
    Posts
    13
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark2001
    Well this art has work for me ive been in fights and won, rember this in Ma no one is trying to kill you, its a sport Ma has rules, in the real world there is no rules.
    "in the real world there is no rules"

    at the end of the day/endless debate..this is what warrants remembering the most.
    The quote also warrants printing on a t shirt and wearing to training IMHO.

  4. #174
    Guess which finger is the fickle one... supporting member
    FickleFingerOfFate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Up in your grill.
    Posts
    5,645
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by soyez efficaces
    "Ninjutsu is a form of Retardation":violent5:

    at the end of the day/endless debate..this is what warrants remembering the most.
    The quote also warrants printing on a t shirt and wearing to training IMHO.

    I support this idea,

    Cafe press already makes a shirt like this.
    Last edited by FickleFingerOfFate; 8/23/2007 9:24am at . Reason: Shor-ten-ing the words so the Dumb-ass Nin-jers can un-der-stand them
    If you can't laugh at yourself,
    Others will be happy to do it for you. :evil6:

    The 2 most abundant elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.



  5. #175

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    928
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd like to read a Street vs Sport sticky. Just so I know what to do on the street when a ewok attacks me with a broken beer bottle and smoke bombs.

  6. #176
    rw4th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,022
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cuatro76
    I'd like to read a Street vs Sport sticky. Just so I know what to do on the street when a ewok attacks me with a broken beer bottle and smoke bombs.
    Ewoks use sticks, stones, and logs.

  7. #177

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sonoma, CA
    Posts
    91
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pardon my ignorance on the subject, but wasn't ninjitsu supposed to be an art where you sneak in a castle, poison some fat Japanese dude, and then get out without being busted? Assuming it isn't just made up BS, wouldn't you mostly be learning how to sneak around and shank people in the back when they weren't expecting it? Isn't it mostly about sneaking up on somebody, slitting their throat and running away? Why would anyone try to defend it as a fighting art? It isn't really a fighting art.

    Ironically, this has some use on "teh str33t". After getting stomped in a ring, you can kill the guy that humiliated you when he's getting into his car. So ninjas are the r3al str33t badasses after all....

  8. #178

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    145
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nzeman
    Pardon my ignorance on the subject, but wasn't ninjitsu supposed to be an art where you sneak in a castle, poison some fat Japanese dude, and then get out without being busted? Assuming it isn't just made up BS, wouldn't you mostly be learning how to sneak around and shank people in the back when they weren't expecting it? Isn't it mostly about sneaking up on somebody, slitting their throat and running away? Why would anyone try to defend it as a fighting art? It isn't really a fighting art.

    Ironically, this has some use on "teh str33t". After getting stomped in a ring, you can kill the guy that humiliated you when he's getting into his car. So ninjas are the r3al str33t badasses after all....
    pure truth:evil1:

  9. #179

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    145
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by North Country Livin'
    The empty hand techniques taught in the so called "Ninjutsu" schools is basic jujutsu, taught in a retarted way. The fluid evasions and mai training is good, however the many instructors are not very good at executing and teaching the actual techniques. Many instructors actually don't even have that much of an understanding of the techniques, only vague concepts. Perhaps they were not transmitted properly to them?

    All the guerilla ****......Have the instructors been taught this, or are they a bunch of LARPers. LARP I would say. If you want to learn guerilla fighting join the military and get into the special forces and do it for real and stop LARPing..............fucking ninjers.

    :new_cussi :qleft2: :angry2:
    i know what you mean, many bujinkan instructors can be idiots because they arent looking at the big picture. There are good bujinkan instructors but you'de have to look for them(some might even know how to sneak around all cool:icon_bigg ). Is there a difference between taijutsu practitioners and n1nj3rs out of curiosity?

Page 18 of 18 First ... 81415161718

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO