Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/04/2007 7:22am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Warborn -
    Thanks. I'll definitely check out the Dr Welils stuff. Thanks for the heads up.

My problems also due to years of practicing the 'hard arts' in the old way ('bouncing' the stretches, often with an instructor jumping on my knees!), all proved to be godawful training techniques since. The years of soccer didn't help either.

I have noticed with my OA that there are things that make it better, and movement is definitely one of them. Gentle movement through the full range. But I also find there are factors that affect it that I can't influence - i.e I have good days and bad days.

I have been told many times that Tai Chi is the way to go. I live in China at the mo and all the old folk do it. You should see some of them go! I think you've made the right choice

CASSIUS - arthrosis is the medical name for a joint. It is also a medical name for a degenerative disease of the joint, much like arthritis, but slightly different. Both bitches though.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/05/2007 3:42am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Jackofallmasterofnone

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassius
    Arthrosis = the medical name for a joint. I think the word you're looking for is arthritis. Moving this to the appropriate forum.
    Hi Cassius, thanks for putting the thread where it belongs.
    The real term for it is Osteoarthritis. But it is referred to as Arthrosis by doctors and noobs alike.

"Osteoarthritis (OA, also known as degenerative arthritis or degenerative joint disease, and sometimes referred to as "arthrosis" or "osteoarthrosis" or in more colloquial terms "wear and tear"), is a condition in which low-grade inflammation results in pain in the joints, caused by wearing of the cartilage that covers and acts as a cushion inside joints"

Taken from:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthrosis

Edit- Longman, sounds like the very reason I have it!

Prophet of Apathy

Posted On:
    5/05/2007 3:47am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How was the diagnosis made exactly?

Posted On:
    5/05/2007 4:47am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warborn
    Hi Cassius, thanks for putting the thread where it belongs.
    The real term for it is Osteoarthritis. But it is referred to as Arthrosis by doctors and noobs alike.

"Osteoarthritis (OA, also known as degenerative arthritis or degenerative joint disease, and sometimes referred to as "arthrosis" or "osteoarthrosis" or in more colloquial terms "wear and tear"), is a condition in which low-grade inflammation results in pain in the joints, caused by wearing of the cartilage that covers and acts as a cushion inside joints"

Taken from:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthrosis

Edit- Longman, sounds like the very reason I have it!
    That's cool and all, but when you're asking for help with a problem, please use a term more specific to your condition. If what you're suffering from is Osteoarthritis, say it. If I have to look a term up to refresh my memory (having been to the doctor once or twice), and I come up with "medical term for a joint" as the first definition, I'm going to treat you as:

A.) Troll
    B.) Idiot

I thought about sending your ass to Guantanamo Bay or Trollshido just based on that. Seriously. Make life easier on us overworked and underpaid moderators. Please.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    5/05/2007 4:57am

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassius
    Make life easier on us overworked and underpaid moderators. Please.
    Freshen up your drink, sir?

Warborn... would you say the pain is effecting your training, or that the prospect of aggravating your shoulder and possibly increasing the deterioration is stopping you from vigorous training?
    Arthritis sucks. My knees will be joining your shoulder soon, I reckon.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12