Registered Member

Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

Posted On:
    11/10/2006 12:16pm

Style: S.H.I.T. MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, shiver me timbers! I like how the third part of the plan was "stay on x"...Becuase keeping your kids in a delusional fairy tale state of mind is the only way this will work.

Registered Member

Achievements:

Posted On:
    11/10/2006 12:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Or crawl down the back...:wtfgif9fr

Let's see that go down when the perpetrator is a)running, b) not wearing a big-ass belt and c) actually trying to hold on

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class

Posted On:
    11/10/2006 12:45pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Under his styles section he lists Tai Chi, and their style of Tai Chi is Zhong De Shi.
    Has anyone ever heard of this style? Or am I just missing something in the description?

Registered Member

Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    11/10/2006 1:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only style the guy really trained in is Tae Kwon Do, but did not believe in sparring, and thought the instructor was too hard on the students. The school was a traditional TKD school not a sport TKD McDojo school. All the rest of his black belts comes from Rod Sacharnoski which we all know about.

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class

Posted On:
    11/10/2006 1:47pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is a list of instructors for Karate for Christ (I get chills just typing that). I don't know about everyone else but a lot of what appears on their instructors bios screams," BULLSHIT!!". Especially "Soke" Scott Gilbert's (rhymes with Dilbert) credentials.

A couple of things that really jumped out at me were the "Zen Kokusai Soke Budo/Bugei Renmei of Okinawa/Japan as a Soke Shodai (1st generation Head Founder) of Chutoku Ryu Karate."

The other was the entire Bio of "Shihan" Dean Padrick. Chief instructor of BJJ and Tai Chi, international prestige as a full contact fighter. A quick search of Sherdog and FC Fighter turned up nothing. I also googled Dean Padrick and the only hits that had any info on him were links to the Karate for Christ website. That just strikes me as odd for a fighter of international prestige. I also couldn't find him listed anywhere as being a student under anyone for BJJ.

Can one of the Bullies in Japan possibly look into the Zen Kokusai Soke Budo/Bugei Renmei of Okinawa/Japan ? I hope you all enjoy reading the bios as much as I did!

Soke C. Scott Gilbert, 7th Dan
    email: Soke@KarateForChrist.net
    As Founder, President, and Head Instructor of Karate For Christ International Ministries, Soke Scott brings over 20 years of martial arts training and teaching experience to the ministry. Soke Scott holds Black Belt ranking in thirteen traditional styles, 6 of which are at the Master (Shihan) level. As an ordained minister and non-practicing attorney, Soke Scott focuses all his training and talents on honoring the Lord and developing godly leaders through Karate For Christ International Ministries. In 2003, Soke Scott was recognized by the Zen Kokusai Soke Budo/Bugei Renmei of Okinawa/Japan as a Soke Shodai (1st generation Head Founder) of Chutoku Ryu Karate. Chutoku Ryu Karate is one of the first fully Christian martial arts systems in the world with full Okinawan certification and credentialing. Soke Scott also holds Dojo Headmaster and Shihan appointments in Okinawan Kempo, Goshin Jutsu, and Iaijutsu/Kenjutsu.

Shihan Dean Padrick, 7th Dan
    email: ShihanDean@KarateForChrist.net
    Shihan Dean Padrick holds a 7th Degree Black Belt and serves as Chief Instructor of our Tai Chi and Brazilian Jujitsu programs. Well versed in a variety of martial arts styles, he has garnered international prestige as a full contact fighter.

Sensei Kim Wright, 4th Dan
    email: SenseiKim@KarateForChrist.net
    Sensei Kim holds a Fourth Degree Black Belt. She brings energy and an enthusiastic love for children as both Chief Instructor of our Lil’ Dragons Faithful Warriors program and a Staff Instructor at the Hombu Dojo.

Sensei Aaron White, 3rd Dan
    email: SenseiAaron@KarateForChrist.net
    Sensei Aaron holds a Third Degree Black Belt. As one of the founding members of Karate For Christ, Sensei Aaron began his training in May 1997. He has distinguished himself by exceptional dedication, maturity, and excellence. He serves the ministry today as Chief Instructor of our satellite location at Deep Creek Baptist Church and as a Staff Instructor at the Hombu Dojo.

Sensei Scott Nobles, 3rd Dan
    email: SenseiScott@KarateForChrist.net
    Sensei Scott, Third Degree Black Belt, serves the Lord as a Staff Instructor at the Hombu Dojo and as Chief Instructor at the Pleasant Grove satellite school. He is well known for his gift for teaching and bold athleticism.

Sensei Cathy Schweitzer, 3rd Dan
    email: SenseiCathy@KarateForChrist.net
    Sensei Cathy, a Staff Instructor at the Hombu Dojo and Deep Creek Baptist satellite school, holds a Third Degree Black Belt. She is unswerving in her commitment to pass on her knowledge and build self confidence in her students.

Sensei Pamela Copeland, 2nd Dan
    email: SenseiPam@KarateForChrist.net
    Sensei Pam holds a Second Degree Black Belt. She brings years of professional teaching experience to her position as Chief Instructor of our Great Neck and Virginia Heights Baptist satellite programs.

Sensei Aimee Ballentine, 2nd Dan
    email: SenseiAimee@KarateForChrist.net
    Sensei Aimee, 2nd Dan, has been a long-time student in multiple styles at Karate For Christ. She is well known for the height of her kicks and the kindness of her heart. She serves as a Staff Instructor at both the Headquarters Dojo and the Great Neck satellite location.

Sensei Bruce Williams, 2nd Dan
    email: SenseiBruce@KarateForChrist.net
    Sensei Bruce holds a Second Degree Black Belt in Seigi Bushido Ryu Aiki-Jujutsu. He brings natural talent and broad training to the leadership of the Aikido program.

Registered Member

Achievements:

Posted On:
    11/10/2006 2:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I actually did the same seearch on the Dean Padrick guy and found nothing. I smell another investigation, especially if these guy are using the good name of our lord and savior as a front for their delusional fantasies of NHBdom.

Registered Member

Achievements:

Posted On:
    11/10/2006 2:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In fact, these guys are in the 757 which also happens to be MY area code.

Registered Member

Achievements:

Posted On:
    11/10/2006 2:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, ****, the more I read, the worse it gets....

"Unlike nearly every other martial arts program in the world, Karate For Christ does not trace the creation of the martial arts to the Orient. Instead, we teach that the martial arts originated in Old Testament Biblical times, as noted early in recorded history in Genesis 14:14.

The martial arts faded from prominence during the first millennium after Christ, while vestiges remained in Europe, the Middle East, and the Orient. The arts, as we currently know them, trace their roots to the Orient. However, a proper understanding of the code of conduct embodied in the martial virtues (in Japanese, called Bushido) is directly traceable to Biblical principles found in Old Testament Israel."

Posted On:
    11/10/2006 2:34pm

Style: Shootfighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh dear lord, it's christian extremism and bullshido all rolled into one... And on top of that, they get public attention too.
    By the way, has anyone heard of "Classic Chutoku Karate"?
Page 1 of 8 1 2345 ... LastLast