Posted On:
    4/20/2007 6:00pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Deadlifts And Cardio Survival Clips and Stuff

Hello, ugly anthropoids.

Get your download hats and get ready to check these goodies I've found in the good ol'interweb!!

First thing first, from the Diesel Crew, here it is Rick Walker's Deadlifts 101

1. the avi http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZDVFHBRE
    2. and the pdf http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y6XYWWOG

I strongly recommend watching the clip. Just by watching the first example of a deadlift I learned some mistakes I've been doing for ages. My mistake was that I was lowering my hips too low - I never thought of it until I saw this video.

Really, you want to watch this clip.

Secondly, Mike Davies' "The Fitness Factory"

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KNSIBXKM

This clip is about 25-something minutes long, and it's a compilation of exercises used to increase agility and anaerobic capacity. It's very similar to some stuff you see out there for combat conditioning or from bodyweightculture.com. What I like about this clip is that it includes exercises that you usually see in aerobic classes (but with a twist in intensity)... plus Mike has a group female fitness competitors demonstrate the exercises.

Spoiler:

These are the fitness competitors that participate in the clip, just so you know :tongue3:
    Julie Palmer
    Jaime Franklin
    Latisha Wilder
    Rebecca Rush

In any case, you would not think they are fitness competitors just by looking at the clip. This, I think, is a bonus for people that are not necessarily into hard-core fitness competitions or martial arts. The exercises in the clip, the clip itself has an appeal for a general audience.

You may want to skip the first 4 minutes, which is just the warm up. The thing that caught my attention was the biceps curls and squats combined followed by the push ups followed by the stepping. You can make an entire routine to up your anaerobic conditioning with those exercises alone with a few minor twists in the intensity.

Enjoy and post your comments.

*** EDIT ***

Crossreferencing with "More Combat Conditioning Stuff".
    Last edited by Teh El Macho; 7/30/2007 10:55am at .
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    4/20/2007 8:09pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fuckin' Awesome clips.

I luvs me sum bodi bilder girlz. Damn Jaime Franklin is hawt.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    4/21/2007 11:54am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    flyupload.com is the best file hosting place I've found no registration or waiting and unlimited downloads.

Posted On:
    4/21/2007 3:51pm

Style: Judo - Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldman34
    Damn Jaime Franklin is hawt.
    x2. Generally I don't go for fitness model chicks, but man she looks fine.

Cool stuff on the deads. Deadlifts have been my absolute number one fave exercise for as long as I've been lifting and I always appreciate a good look at them.
    "Keep a sharp knife, shiny boots and be on time."

Posted On:
    4/21/2007 3:53pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The second link video doesn't work for me. I need all the cardio help I can get.

El M... you want a couple hundred megs on a subdomain here for you to rotate in/out some videos, etc you can't upload to YouTube?

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    4/21/2007 5:41pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    The second link video doesn't work for me. I need all the cardio help I can get.
    Hey Phrost, would you like to try again? My g/f wasn't able to download the clip either (and neither a friend of mine at work, but was able to do so from home.)

Have you taken a look at this short clip intro by Rhadi Ferguson? That one simple exercise is great for conditioning (or coming up with new ideas to make a workout interesting). Simple, short and effective.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FM-HkxsLRqw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FM-HkxsLRqw

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    El M... you want a couple hundred megs on a subdomain here for you to rotate in/out some videos, etc you can't upload to YouTube?
    Ohhhh goodie. That would be great. I really don't have that many clips that are, really, really specific to martial arts... yet, but I'm scourging the net for anything on conditioning. It will be great if I can rotate some clips that are too long for youtube.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Awesomeweight

Posted On:
    4/21/2007 6:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Macho

Have you taken a look at this short clip intro by Rhadi Ferguson? That one simple exercise is great for conditioning (or coming up with new ideas to make a workout interesting). Simple, short and effective.

Great clip, like you said certainly something that's right there, but didn't really consider building into my routine, I think I'll give that a try mid way into my workout to get the blood pumping :) Will add it in tommorow and let you know.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    4/22/2007 11:10am

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dialup is NOT going to allow it. Maybe I can get it at work tomorrow.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    4/22/2007 12:07pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That deadlift clip is sex. I've been starting my deadlifts from way too low. I bet I can add 20lbs on my max just by correcting that.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    4/22/2007 12:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been putting the weight on the floor and picking it up again.

Question is, is it really good to reduce the range of movement just to get a higher number ?
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast