Page 8 of 8 First ... 45678

Thread: ninja checklist

  1. #71

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    928
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Learn to fight with everyday objects that you can carry around without attracting too much attention. Like umbrellas, canes, belts, gardening tools, small folding knives, rolled-up newspaper etc. Think "What would Jason Bourne do?" And do hit a heavy-bag, go running, weight train... nobody likes a tubby ninja.
    Last edited by cuatro76; 8/14/2007 11:53pm at .

  2. #72
    <plasma>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,574
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cuatro76
    Learn to fight with everyday objects that you can carry around without attracting too much attention. Like umbrellas, canes, belts, gardening tools, small folding knives, rolled-up newspaper etc. Think "What would Jason Bourne do?" And do hit a heavy-bag, go running, weight train... nobody likes a tubby ninja.

    Did you seriously just advise people to train like a fictional character.......

  3. #73
    Slipping coal into stockings with a little sumptin for mom.
    HappyOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,825
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    Did you seriously just advise people to train like a fictional character.......
    Well, we are talking about how to be a ninja. Isn't that boat already sailed?

  4. #74
    <plasma>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,574
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy
    Well, we are talking about how to be a ninja. Isn't that boat already sailed?
    Well said.

  5. #75

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    928
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    Did you seriously just advise people to train like a fictional character.......
    I just thought using a fictional character like Jason Bourne to illustrate what a modernized ninja might be like was a better contribution to the thread than the "tabi boots vs bare feet " debate that had evolved. Plus, I just saw Bourne Ultimatum and thought it was pretty good. What else should I have said to make you happy, Plasma? "Go do MMA" or "Bujinkan sux?" Whatever. *shrug*

Page 8 of 8 First ... 45678

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO