Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/03/2007 9:52am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by reptileddp
    ...but there technique requires alot of strength and power...
    i just feel a true martial art works regardless of strenght/speed/ using weapons etc...
    I have to disagree there. I've trained with a couple of guys who did both BJJ and JJJ and one of the things I remember about the BJJ guy was that there was very little for me to latch on to, he wasn't giving anything away, much the same way we are told in the Bujinkan to grab without grabbing and hold without holding. There wasn't any obvious use of strength.
    Last edited by spooky; 5/03/2007 9:56am at .

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    5/03/2007 10:11am

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Grab...without...grabbing...

What if your girlfriend told you that tonight you're gonna ****...WITHOUT...fucking and then threw you a Hustler and went to sleep?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/03/2007 10:37am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracky McSlugHoot
    What if your girlfriend told you that tonight you're gonna ****...WITHOUT...fucking and then threw you a Hustler and went to sleep?
    Don't know never had that happen, what do you usualy do? :laughing7

It refers to not being obvious in your intent like I said this BJJ guy was doing pretty much the same thing.

Posted On:
    5/03/2007 11:04am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nsearch
    I think why the first ufc was such a frigging joke is the tda's that were there were goons ,who never trained with full contact and really believed that flying through the air etc would work...well it didnt then and it wont now
    You have a poor writing style.

Since other points in your rambling have been addressed, I'll just address the UFC 1 point.

Gerard Gordeau (2-2) - Savate
    Teila Tuli (0-1) - Sumo
    Kevin Rosier (2-6) - Kickboxing
    Zane Frazier (4-10) - Karate
    Royce Gracie (13-3-3) - BJJ
    Art Jimmerson (0-1) - Boxing
    Ken Shamrock (26-12-2) - Shootfighting
    Patrick Smith (10-11) - Tae Kwon Do

With the exception of Ken Shamrock who at the time of UFC 1 had a record in MMA of 3-0, it was the debut of all other participants in pro-MMA at that point. Jason Delucia was also on that card, winning by RNC against a guy that went on to have three more pro MMA fights.

Savate is generally a solid art that consistently holds competitions. We can easily assume Gerard Gordeau had trained with full contact before UFC 1, as he bashed his way to face Royce Gracie in the final fight of the night.

Sumo, we all know and love as big beefy men slapping and pushing their way to victory. Do Teila Tuli train full contact before? Maybe, probably not for a long time.

Kickboxing, again like savate is likely to have hard contact training. Didn't help Kevin Rosier's submission defense ability though. Karate? Maybe. Zane did go onto further competition. BJJ? Of course! Back in the day they had more challenge matches, while Royce wasn't used to being hit in the face, he sure showed he had what it takes to nullfiy striking.

Art Jimmerson was supposedly a small-time champ at the time of UFC 1. I'm sure he may have done some full contact before. Ken Shamrock's shootfighting style had him at 3-0 at the time of UFC 1. Full contact competition? For sure. Patrick Smith and TKD? Who knows.

Six out of eight participants in the UFC 1 tourney, eight out of ten participants on the whole card went onto compete in mixed martial arts competition again. This demonstrates that for most of them it was not a one-time cash grab and they had further desire to compete in full contact competition.

It would be wonderful if you thought before you posted, and tried to avoid wild emotional absolutes.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    5/03/2007 11:13am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And for the record i do understand that no one will ever throw a lunge punch at the speed of evolution at me . My outlook on TDA is this its a pattern a blueprint if you will of war, to compare it to MMA which i think rocks for the record, a trainer could teach you jab ,jab, cross, hook all frigging day but it is up to the man himself to apply it when the time is right, rather it be mma bjj what have you it is in my opinion a blueprint for war that through hopefully understanding it inside and out when the time comes you will connect the right dots as needed, so it comes down to not the style but the ability,
    First off, it would be appreciated if you at least attempted to use sentences and paragraphs. I've no interest in reading stream of conciousness posts from people who don't think coherently. Second, it is generally accepted that you define something before abbreviating it. What is TDA?

Also, your blueprint for war nonsense doesn't hold up. How do you think military units train? They train by doing. They don't train by solely theoretical exercises (though that can be a component). If all you're doing is working on blue prints you'll never be able to execute anything and you won't have an ability to connect the dots physically, even if mentally you understand how the should connect.

I think why the first ufc was such a frigging joke is the tda's that were there were goons ,who never trained with full contact and really believed that flying through the air etc would work...well it didnt then and it wont now , but i think it is as equally ignorant to think that thousands of years of war and tda has nothing to offer in the way of defence, in short if you train like a ***** you be beaten like one, if you think ninjas can fly/walk on water you are one...later

You're ignorant about the early UFCs. While the brackets were manipulated to help Royce, those were people that thought they knew how to fight, not just mystic idiots.

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    5/03/2007 1:57pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracky McSlugHoot
    Grab...without...grabbing...

Well, Cracky dooooeeesss have a point here.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/03/2007 3:13pm

Style: deciding

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PizDoff
    You have a poor writing style.

Since other points in your rambling have been addressed, I'll just address the UFC 1 point.

Gerard Gordeau (2-2) - Savate
    Teila Tuli (0-1) - Sumo
    Kevin Rosier (2-6) - Kickboxing
    Zane Frazier (4-10) - Karate
    Royce Gracie (13-3-3) - BJJ
    Art Jimmerson (0-1) - Boxing
    Ken Shamrock (26-12-2) - Shootfighting
    Patrick Smith (10-11) - Tae Kwon Do

With the exception of Ken Shamrock who at the time of UFC 1 had a record in MMA of 3-0, it was the debut of all other participants in pro-MMA at that point. Jason Delucia was also on that card, winning by RNC against a guy that went on to have three more pro MMA fights.

Savate is generally a solid art that consistently holds competitions. We can easily assume Gerard Gordeau had trained with full contact before UFC 1, as he bashed his way to face Royce Gracie in the final fight of the night.

Sumo, we all know and love as big beefy men slapping and pushing their way to victory. Do Teila Tuli train full contact before? Maybe, probably not for a long time.

Kickboxing, again like savate is likely to have hard contact training. Didn't help Kevin Rosier's submission defense ability though. Karate? Maybe. Zane did go onto further competition. BJJ? Of course! Back in the day they had more challenge matches, while Royce wasn't used to being hit in the face, he sure showed he had what it takes to nullfiy striking.

Art Jimmerson was supposedly a small-time champ at the time of UFC 1. I'm sure he may have done some full contact before. Ken Shamrock's shootfighting style had him at 3-0 at the time of UFC 1. Full contact competition? For sure. Patrick Smith and TKD? Who knows.

Six out of eight participants in the UFC 1 tourney, eight out of ten participants on the whole card went onto compete in mixed martial arts competition again. This demonstrates that for most of them it was not a one-time cash grab and they had further desire to compete in full contact competition.

It would be wonderful if you thought before you posted, and tried to avoid wild emotional absolutes.
    Last edited by nsearch; 5/07/2007 4:27pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/03/2007 3:21pm

Style: deciding

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa
    First off, it would be appreciated if you at least attempted to use sentences and paragraphs. I've no interest in reading stream of conciousness posts from people who don't think coherently. Second, it is generally accepted that you define something before abbreviating it. What is TDA?

Also, your blueprint for war nonsense doesn't hold up. How do you think military units train? They train by doing. They don't train by solely theoretical exercises (though that can be a component). If all you're doing is working on blue prints you'll never be able to execute anything and you won't have an ability to connect the dots physically, even if mentally you understand how the should connect.

You're ignorant about the early UFCs. While the brackets were manipulated to help Royce, those were people that thought they knew how to fight, not just mystic idiots.

the blueprint theory does hold up, just like by your cute little avatar you do bjj, there is a blueprint that you use as well. What we need is a bullshido meet and beat and skip all the sentence structure correcting on this site.

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    5/03/2007 3:43pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We have those. Constantly. All over the world.
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    5/03/2007 3:47pm

Style: Boxing; Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First off im glad you are the literary scholor around here because no i now who to tell 2 **** off, i could give 2 shits about what you think of my writting style, and my point if any was to adress the most over stated comment on here, "that **** wont work in a real fight" and since the ufc has been held as the blue ribbon of all there is to combat arts these days , i was simply pointing out that i dont think alot of the guys who were tma were truly prepared for what was ahead.

And that we as tma ,should really step up in our displays that we do and bring our high kicks back down to earth and train for what is reality which is at least the way i believe and implement into my trainning.

Which is also why i would more like than not crack your fucking head open, for being such a smartass....now **** off and go to your palates class .
    I just thought I would help out with a few of your grammatical errors. Take this as a sign of good faith.

scholor
    - scholar

im
    - I'm (This is called a conjunction. Contractions are a combination of two words and require an apostrophe.)

no i now
    - I think you meant "now I know."

2 **** off
    - to **** off (Is it really that hard to type a "t" followed by an "o?")

dont
    - don't (We've already been over contractions.)

ufc
    - UFC (Abbreviations should be capitalized.)

adress
    - address (You were only one "d" away.)

over stated
    - overstated (one word, although a hyphen in the middle is sometimes accepted)

i
    - I (proper pronouns should always be capitalized)

alot
    - a lot (this is a common mistake)

And that we as tma ,should really step up in our displays that we do and bring our high kicks back down to earth and train for what is reality which is at least the way i believe and implement into my trainning.
    - (This is what we call a run-on sentence. The punctuation that you did include is not correct, and you left out several punctuation marks that would have made your post much easier to read.

i would more like than not
    - I assume you meant "more likely than not." (only two letters away)

head open, for
    - This also came from the last sentence in your post. The comma is not necessary.

palates
    pilates (I know this is a foreign word, but proper spelling is a sign of a good education.)

Spell check is a nice feature. I suggest you use it. Also, if you would calm down whilst typing, you wouldn't be as prone to making simple mistakes.

[edit - Thanks to Wakinonioi, I feel like an idiot but am grateful for being corrected. It's always the worst when you correct someon else's **** and you are wrong as well]
    Last edited by SpringHeeledJack; 5/07/2007 1:31am at .

Now lovely Lucifer, in hell so stark
    King, and lord of sin and pride
    With some mist his wits make dark.
    He send thee grace to be thy guide

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! ************.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast