Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/03/2007 9:06am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Choy Li Fut, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvarks
    As a noob, I am probably not the proper one to post this, however I agree. It has been decided that he is not fabricating his fight record, the one thing most of the subjects claim but are never able to substantiate, the only thing left is his "5-Animal" training, which you have called into question. To rectify that:
    1) E-Mail the guy and ask about his training, lineage, why you think he should use the cat-stance more often....he e-mail is redily available on his site
    2) He offers, by appointment a training session with him. If satisfying your curiosity means that much to you, crack open the wallet, pay the man and find out. Hell, if you piss him off he may offer you a tune-up for free
    3) Ask if anyone on this site has trained with him

If you are not willing to put forth the effort and accept the results, then just drop it and move on.
    Just found this from Jason Delucia himself. Answers my question, and it is all clear now. I will move on now, thank you for your time.

"Most people who consistently accrue knowledge for 20 years or more have true levels past 6th Dan in technical knowledge. I am one of those many people. Bear in mind that as with most people in this situation, those levels are full of everything from Silat to Shaolin and Japanese boxing every empty hand and relevant armed system that you absorb should be listed. Anyone can embellish a list to make it look bigger than it really is, but I do not choose to do that. In my life I may never be assessed for true rank, and that does not matter to me. If it were to happen, it would have to be judged technically by a panel consisting of Glen Webber, Yoshimitsu Yamada, John Stevens, Gaku Homma, Mitsunari Kanai, Hiroshi Ikeda, Haruo Matsuoka, Kensho Furuya, Stan Pranin, Katsuyuki Kondo and Dr. Yang Jwing Ming. Each would recognize something specific that I learned from him. This notwithstanding, I am a white belt in the Azabu Aikikai in Tokyo. Except for two people on this list, I have never met any of these men, only studied their work within the parameters of the sport."

"http://www.aikidojournal.com/?id=972"

I am not taking away his skill as a pro fighter in the least. I only questioned his label as a Kung Fu expert. Now I understand.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    5/03/2007 9:29am

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpslapper
    I am not taking away his skill as a pro fighter in the least. I only questioned his label as a Kung Fu expert. Now I understand.

I get the impression you don't understand. What you quoted from Jason goes to the crux of "what is Kung Fu?" It appears to me he understands exactly what Kung Fu is at a far deeper level than the hints of your knowledge of the subject within what you've written as of yet.
    Last edited by Tom Kagan; 5/03/2007 9:34am at .
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Posted On:
    5/03/2007 9:37am

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Eh. There is a distinction to be made here, for all the original poster came off as merely wanting to stir things up in the original post.

Jason Delucia can fight, and fight well. Whatever he's doing, it's working. In 54 fights listed on Sherdog, he's won 33, and he started in the early UFC days where very little was disallowed. Calling bullshit on him as a fighter would be ludicrous, and clearly he has knowledge to impart.

The original poster is however asking if he's genuinely a kung fu man. He wants a lineage. This is different. The question is: "is he what he claims to be?" And the first step would surely be to find out what exactly he's claiming to be. Mr. Delucia doesn't seem particularly secretive, so this ought to be easy.

If it turns out that Mr. Delucia is no more a kung fu practitioner than Gary Goodridge is a Kuk Sool Won practitioner, it would be another blow to the too-slender evidence for traditional kung fu being on a par with anything else. This doesn't seem in the interests of the original poster, but hey, it's his call.

The ring is not a pressure test. Sorry to burst your bubble. I work in the most popular watering hole in the city, and havet to submit to "the pressure test" on a weekly basis, in real life situations, which don't have rules, and refs.
    And this is really, really fucking stupid. Plenty of untrained bouncers deal just fine with drunken idiots, having only size on their side. This is because drunken idiots aren't particularly good fighters, and bouncers tend to have a numerical advantage. This is like saying "I can outswim my retarded cousin in the ocean, so I'm a better swimmer than these Olympic champion sissies who compete in swimming pools".

Really testing your **** involves stepping up against someone who's theoretically or actually got enough training to beat you. Judo did it. Boxing did it. Judoka and boxers went out throughout the late 19th and early 20th century and fought whoever stepped up under whatever ruleset they liked, and they beat the tar out of lots of people, and now the two arts are everywhere. For many of us here, your art currently lacks that credibility. Kung fu wasn't spread across the West by challenge matches, but by martial arts movies. Unless you can produce a better exponent than Mr. Delucia who's willing to throw down, criticising him for not doing what you do just convinces the rest of us that what you do must be worthless, since we've never heard of anyone known for kicking ass with it.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/03/2007 12:01pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophist
    The original poster is however asking if he's genuinely a kung fu man. He wants a lineage. This is different.
    No, this is what it morphed into after he was questioned and taken to task.
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpslapper
    My point is, he is a fraud. He never studied Kung Fu.
    Yeah, blows your point out of the water. It was never about lineage or true kung fu. If it was he wouldn't make a statement this cut and dry.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/03/2007 12:05pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pimpslapper, explain your style of kung fu and your sparring please.

Isolated and Confused

Posted On:
    5/03/2007 12:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Bartitsu, Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Chin Na is much more effective for real life situations, as are the CLF groundifghting techniques.
    I wasn't aware that CLF had groundfighting - perhaps you could provide some examples? Video of it in action would be best.
    Failing to become awesome since 1976

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    5/03/2007 1:32pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamabushi
    I wasn't aware that CLF had groundfighting - perhaps you could provide some examples? Video of it in action would be best.
    Yeah, I'm curious about that, too. There is a CLF school near me that puts Sanda fighters regularly. My impression from that school is that it was strictly standup, and that anyone who wanted groundfighting should cross train at a school that teaches it.

On another note, has Omega seen this thread already?
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/03/2007 1:49pm

Style: Sumo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He makes kung fu look bad on youtube, and to the rest of the world.
    So basically JD got owned and showed how ineffective Kung Fu (and all striking only arts) are against a well trained grappler. However instead of doing the smart thing and going and cross training in grappling you instead decide to get your ass in your hand about how he is not really a Kung Fu guy and how a r34l Kung Fu man is d34dly and JD is giving Kung Fu a bad name. Well if thats the way your going I guess you should probably discredit all the d34dly strikers who have been owned by grapplers, they all sucked and non of them were the r34l <insert art here>

I find it strange that all the people who challenged the gracies sucked, you would think out of all the d34dly strikers the gracie family (and grapplers in general) have owned that atleast one of them would have been good and a real representation of their art. I guess not!
    Last edited by ChiBlast; 5/03/2007 1:51pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/03/2007 2:03pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But then he'd have to question the legitimacy of the 10 years he spent earning his gold sash.

:qgreenjum

International Man of Pancakes

Posted On:
    5/03/2007 3:39pm

Style: Wu style tcc+bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think Jason Delucia should be above suspicion, nor anyone else. However, Jason has actually gone in the ring multiple times to prove himself amongst other achievements. He's not some fat bullshido artist who claims he's too deadly for the ring. I think that raises the bar as far as claiming bullshido.

The only serious accusation that I have seen in this thread is that maybe his KF lineage is exaggerated. That should be easy to prove of disprove. The rest of this thread is just noise.
    Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.
    - Voltaire
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast