Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: eyesight...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

eyesight...

first i want to know how important is having good eyesight in fight because from a very young age my eyes were not so good. i tried taking omega 3 for better eyesight it worked not that effective but i helped though as soon as i stopped taking them my eyes return back to normal. i also want to know if there are anything that can help my eyesight

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    optometrist. LASIK. carrots.

omega 3 is an essential fatty acid and doesn't do a damn thing for eyesight AFAIK.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neildo
    optometrist. LASIK. carrots.

omega 3 is an essential fatty acid and doesn't do a damn thing for eyesight AFAIK.
    i think its just me imagining things, i know carrots but are the 2 above medicines or what? and where ca i get them

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Optometrist = eye doctor, will be able to diagnose whetever occular condition you may be afflicted with.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LASIK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    an optometrist is an eye doctor. funnily enough, he is probably more qualified to answer these questions than people off the internets.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    where can i find one though, i havent been to eye doctor for 5years already

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Could always try disposable contact lenses but they more than likely will come out!

I fucked up in my first fight as i forgot to take them out and had just doused myself in Thai oil so thought i'd give sticking my fingers in my eyes a miss. They stayed in though and i took a good few shots to the head/face. I've lost them in sparring though.

Probably best to avoid them altogether really. If they come out completely then it's not a problem but if they get knocked up and into the eye they can be a bitch to remove.

Not a great choice, but still another option.

I'd be dubious about getting laser eye in a sport where i'm getting hit in the head. They cut a flap in your corneal tissue and i'm not sure i could trust that it'd completely healed.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by truepwrz
    where can i find one though, i havent been to eye doctor for 5years already
    ever heard of a phonebook?

i wear contacts training and fighting, never been a problem.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Im blind as a bat. Too much masturbation during my teens.

The degradation of my eyesight is what ended my military career. I was just on the minimum acceptable eye standard when I joined and they nearyl didnt let me in because if it. A few years later in my final pre deployment med board, hello, it had degraded jsut below the minimum. No trip for me. Bugger. So i left.

Anyway, I sometimes wear contacts, but generally dont bother and just watch these fuzzy blurs smashing into my face

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neildo
    Optometrist = eye doctor, will be able to diagnose whetever occular condition you may be afflicted with.
    ]
    Dont listen to them! ITs a trick!

AN eye doctor is called a Proctologist. You should see one at once and tell him that you have problems with your eye.

An optometrist is a small mustelid found only in the Amazon basin. It lives on a diet of fish, nuts, prepackaged sliced cheese and the feet of virginal eskimos.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last