Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/04/2007 6:33am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    they can just put a rock in a sock and smash me in the back of the head and I'll never see it coming, they won't give me time to pull a gun and use it.
    Funny, though. Criminals seem to have a vestige of a conscience since your scenario hardly ever happens...save for maybe the serial killer types.

There is simply oodles of adrenaline-incuded, stupidy-complicated, hesitation, second thoughtery, posturing, posing and other such cluster-fuckery, when it comes to crimes of violence.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    5/04/2007 6:34am

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL, why? So the "God damn those liberal pussies!" circle-jerk can go on? I **** on the very idea.

Funny, though. Criminals seem to have a vestige of a conscience since your scenario hardly ever happens...save for maybe the serial killer types.
    It's funny that you're a cop and don't know what you're talking about. Have you ever known a hitman? Like, hung out with one? The scenario I mentioned doesn't happen, but people who WANT to do harm are just going to do it. If someone really wanted you or me, or anyone else dead right now, we wouldn't be talking about it as a hypothetical.

The only time a gun helps you is when they DO NOT WANT TO KILL YOU, they just want something you have that you don't want to give them, and you're willing to shoot them to avoid handing it over. Guns are for protecting property, not lives. If someone wants you DEAD, they're going to light your house on fire while you sleep.

If someone wants something I have so badly they're willing to steal it, they probably needed it worse than me anyway.

If you own a gun and people intend to do you harm, and they KNOW you have guns then it's really on. They're not going to come to your house with blunt instruments, they're going to fucking fire bomb your house with your wife and kids in it. I'll take my chances with the blunt instruments.

I don't live in a world of random violence. That happens when too many people try to fit in too small a space, I don't live in a place like that. Here, violence happens to people who ask for it. As long as you don't make more money than you should be making or involve yourself with violent people (or organized crime in general) there is no violence to be found outside of a barfight.

Live by the sword, die by sword.
    Last edited by Roidie McDouchebag; 5/04/2007 6:44am at .

Gold Summit Martial Arts Institute

Posted On:
    5/04/2007 8:27am

Style: Ba Zheng Dao Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not to lighten this too much, but the issue about more people having guns in more places makes me think of the Bugs Bunny cartoon where Bugs pulls out a six shooter, then Yosemite sam pulls out an eight shooter, and so on, until they are at cannons. A criminal will always try to use more force, and in this country, its really easy to find it. I don't want to live in a country were semi automatic rifles are commonly owned, and that's where this line will take us.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/04/2007 8:58am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hui_Xiu
    . I don't want to live in a country were semi automatic rifles are commonly owned, and that's where this line will take us.
    You already do.

Not impressed with your performance!

Posted On:
    5/04/2007 10:39am

supporting member
     Style: Krav Maga/MMA/Firearms

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cracky, your somethin.
    If God carried a gun, it would be a 1911.

Assiduus usus uni rei deditus et ingenium et artem saepe vincit - Cicero

Fortitudine Vincimus - Ernest Shackelton :englishmo

A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. - John Stuart Mill

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/04/2007 5:13pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's funny that you're a cop and don't know what you're talking about. Have you ever known a hitman? Like, hung out with one?....but people who WANT to do harm are just going to do it.
    No, but I guess the implication is that you have. That's cool. Congratulations. You're really street. Must be hard to win the esteem of those folks.

But anyway, regarding the latter part, I'm not disputing that. However, that doesn't apply to most instances. Most people have no reason upon which to be "hit". Unlike you, most people aren't that important or radical.

Regarding pacifism regarding property, that's just plain nice. I do wonder how that'd work out, however, when you become that off-paper substistence farmer you mentioned wanting to become. You gonna let some squatter literally steal your food?

Ok.

And stop trolling, troll.
    Last edited by Nid; 5/04/2007 5:24pm at .

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/04/2007 5:22pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by auschip
    You already do.
    pwned.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    5/04/2007 7:03pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracky
    Having tons of guns around means more accidents with guns and ammo, no matter how careful people are. You can't argue with that.
    Unsurprisingly, that's bullshit. The number of privately-owned guns has been increasing steadily for decades while the rate of accidental deaths and injuries involving firearms has decreased steadily. I haven't checked lately, but a few years ago we were at the lowest rate since they began recording such things.
    Education and safe attitudes work.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracky
    The only time a gun helps you is when they DO NOT WANT TO KILL YOU, they just want something you have that you don't want to give them, and you're willing to shoot them to avoid handing it over. Guns are for protecting property, not lives. If someone wants you DEAD, they're going to light your house on fire while you sleep.
    Unsurprisingly, that is also not true. I personally know several people who have defended themselves with firearms. One is Tamara Keel, who at the time lived in Atlanta. Her roommate's stalker ex-boyfriend grabbed her in the parking lot of her apartment building. She sprayed him down with OC, he went down, then he popped back up and chased her into the building and into the apartment. She drew her GLOCK as she ran and turned on him when she thought she had room. She actually remembers taking up slack on the trigger--she was that close to firing--but he stopped so hard that he fell over backward and scuttled back to the door without getting up.
    But I guess she should have given him what he wanted, you little fuckwit.
    Here's her blog:
    www.booksbikesboomsticks.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hu huh xiu
    I don't want to live in a country were semi automatic rifles are commonly owned, and that's where this line will take us.
    Pop quiz--what is a semi-automatic rifle? Hint: It's not a shoulder thing that goes up.

Seriously, you live in upstate New York. I've got news for you, buddy, you're surrounded by the proud owners of semi-automatic rifles. They're everywhere.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    5/04/2007 7:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here we go--numbers. The BATFE says that gun ownership has been increasing by about 4.5 million guns annually for years. At the same time, accidental deaths involving firearms have decreased by 80% since 1930 and such accidents involving children have dropped by 89% since 1975--remember, this is while millions of guns per year are added to private hands.

Check out www.nraila.org and then debunk their figures if you can--but they use the official figures from BATFE and the FBI, neither of which is very happy about civilian gun ownership.

**** you math class

Posted On:
    5/05/2007 2:43am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, Ballet, Archery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All the numbers and statistics in the world won't change the fact that the majority of gun owners are middle-aged whiteys of the middle- and upper-classes. What are you defending against? Are there even any black people in your neighborhood?

I'm not against controlled gun ownership, I just think gun owners are LARPers of the highest order.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast