Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/07/2007 12:54pm

Style: shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't vouch for them personaly but i know there's a seiki juku club based in twickenham , they're a kyukushin offshoot from what i can tell and the practitioners i've spoken to sound like they do all the right things.
    http://www.seikijukukarate.com/

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/07/2007 1:13pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TKD (ITF)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iscariot

And his name is? He trained where? Under whom? To what grade with which organisation? Which koryu? Aiki Ju Jutsu is a small group in the UK.
    I have too much respect for my instructor to pull him into this so others can try and drag him down, what I will say is that I am happy with his classes and always leave with a big smile, regardless of how hard I've been thrown about.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/07/2007 4:21pm

Style: Suio Ryu Iai Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FickleFingerOfFate
    Do these People have much of apresence in the states yet?

How many?
    Looks like there's a couple schools in Houston, Texas according to http://www.gkrkarate.com.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    5/07/2007 6:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, for ****'s sake . . . . how many times have any of you EVER heard me express faith that gun control (or knife control) WORKS without deep sarcasm? Pirate Tom wouldn't know, maybe, but I expect better from Iscariot.

I am the wild-eyed libertarian gun nut. I live in a compound, I don't shave, I don't have fringe on my flag and I DON'T SAY NICE THINGS ABOUT GUN CONTROL. Or the Bilderbergers.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/08/2007 9:25am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Aikido/Karate -both badly

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateTom
    Edit: I'm not opposed to any other school of Karate, like Guju-Ryu or Wado-Ryu or any of the others.
    Hi Pirate Tom

I've had a quick look on the KUGB site - may be of interest
    http://www.kugb.org/areas.asp?AreaID...unty=Middlesex

Or from the JKA site:
    http://www.jka-england.org/FindClub/...rateClubSE.htm

If you are interested in carrying on with Karate you may find that clubs of either of these organisations offer higher standard Karate than GKR. (Not difficult)

Please note I have no first hand experience of any of these clubs but to my knowledge (limited) of Karate is that the standard is not too bad.

As suggested by others go along, view some classes most clubs will offer a free first class and see the difference.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/08/2007 9:37am

Style: Shotokan Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm a KUGB member and the standard of instruction has generally been very good in my experience.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/08/2007 9:43am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by seeingStars
    I have too much respect for my instructor to pull him into this so others can try and drag him down, what I will say is that I am happy with his classes and always leave with a big smile, regardless of how hard I've been thrown about.
    What style of Aikijujutsu is it? Is it Daito Ryu? (which is what Ueshiba did)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/08/2007 10:22am

Style: Basic Self-Defence

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn
    ... I don't have fringe on my flag ....
    What?

I don't shave! Can I have a gun please?

Posted On:
    5/08/2007 12:56pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RabidStoat
    Hi Pirate Tom

I've had a quick look on the KUGB site - may be of interest
    http://www.kugb.org/areas.asp?AreaID...unty=Middlesex

Or from the JKA site:
    http://www.jka-england.org/FindClub/...rateClubSE.htm

If you are interested in carrying on with Karate you may find that clubs of either of these organisations offer higher standard Karate than GKR. (Not difficult)

Please note I have no first hand experience of any of these clubs but to my knowledge (limited) of Karate is that the standard is not too bad.

As suggested by others go along, view some classes most clubs will offer a free first class and see the difference.
    Looks good, thanks.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/08/2007 4:03pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TKD (ITF)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shmuel
    What style of Aikijujutsu is it? Is it Daito Ryu? (which is what Ueshiba did)
    It's Aiki Kyusho JuJutsu and the instructor goes way way back, as far back as Ellis Sensei at the Hut in Uxbridge, but I don't think he trained under him, it was something to do with setting up some Aikido Board I think. The school was originally called an Aikido school (over 20 years ago) but as far as I can tell was far more Jujutsu than Aikido and has changed over the decades as our instructor has improved his knowledge of other arts and re-evaluated what he teaches. The school is totally independent of any governing body to avoid the politics and BS that seems to exist in almost every MA (as far as I can tell). It's also a full contact school which is what is just one of the reasons I love it.

For those who don't know, The Hut is the home of Aikido in the UK, not the Aikido you tend to see nowadays but a far 'harder' version (this is what I can gather from on-line resources and people who trained there).
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 ... LastLast