Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/08/2009 2:56am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: tai chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol i used to know this guy who was telling me about a go kan ryu instructor who openly admitted that he didn't believe in the art, but it was a good way to make money!

Posted On:
    10/09/2009 2:05am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    These clowns had a job advertised a couple of weeks ago. I can't find the ad now, but stumbled across another one based in NZ that is virtually identical...

http://www.seek.com.au/job/self-defe...16075680/87/1/

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/09/2009 5:08am

Style: Baji, Boxing, Sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One day I was in my back yard (back when I was in Aus), teaching my little brothers basic CMA, and three GKR shitbricks came to my house trying to sell their **** to me. What a fucking insult. They paid for their belts. Their sparring techniques reflected as much. Their kata as well.

Posted On:
    7/18/2010 2:55pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have to thank you guys for the heads-up, that was a close GKR shave. Three months of training (got me off the sofa) but will now switch 5yr old daughter and myself to Shotokan. Feel free to claim your complimentary drink from me in NW London, next time you're passing.

Posted On:
    6/24/2011 8:53pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Combined Combative Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey everyone,
    I'm in NW Sydney, and I'm with Noodle. Went and looked at a class today. Sadly, it was not the traditional Karate I expected, and the most interesting point is that the prices didn't match the sales pitch. Glad to see that there's a site like this to keep us all from blowing good money on bad instruction. Confirmed my fears.

Ta!

Posted On:
    7/17/2011 7:26pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I did GKR for 4 years and realized it was crap. all i did when i was there is throw crappy punches into the air.

I rate this 0/10

Posted On:
    7/29/2011 4:23pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Mixed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was an SDC for a year and carried on "teaching" classes for a further year.
    I wore a black and white belt, the kids always asked me what belt i was, which was awkward to say the least!
    When i started with GKR I had no training and after so much time with them i still don't. I will say the classes were fun and did make you sweat. Also as the "instructor" I could pretty much teach/do what i wanted in classes.

Posted On:
    7/30/2011 5:22pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: RBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey there.

Yeah, i got caught up with this lot when I went for an instructor job. Like everything said here, they waffled on about how amazing they were (with the unimpressive video of themselves) and said with a smug grin ''this is what we do''. I was less than amazed and realised they just wanted someone to knock on doors selling this stuff they call karate. When I declined the job (which I wouldnt be paid a salary for) the guy got all angry as he saw his commission slipping away.

A complete joke.

Just thought id add my bit :)

Cheers

Tom

Posted On:
    8/19/2011 4:18am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    some of the classes are taught by crap instructors who haven't earned a black belt and just have a weird black and white instructor belt, but when you find a class with a instructor who has spent years earning there black belt and knows what they're talking about like my sensei's you get a good teacher. i spent some time at shotokan and i went to gkr and my sensei at gkr was superior to my old one. saying that all the classes are taught by nooby instructors is wrong granted some are but i have 3 different sensei's and 2 of them are 2nd dan and one is 3rd.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/19/2011 5:20am

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by joshthebest View Post
    some of the classes are taught by crap instructors who haven't earned a black belt and just have a weird black and white instructor belt, but when you find a class with a instructor who has spent years earning there black belt and knows what they're talking about like my sensei's you get a good teacher. i spent some time at shotokan and i went to gkr and my sensei at gkr was superior to my old one. saying that all the classes are taught by nooby instructors is wrong granted some are but i have 3 different sensei's and 2 of them are 2nd dan and one is 3rd.
    Which country are you in? I think the quality in Aus is better than the UK. The "sensei's" that I have seen in the UK by and large have been appalling.
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 121314 LastLast