Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/05/2007 4:03pm

Style: taekwon-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thancks for the input i know his claims to bieng at the chin woo championships is legit due to an article in combat magazine though he may have posted this himself

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/05/2007 6:19pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok i have checked the orgs he claims titles in all of them are light or semi contact with full body armour.
    Some of them are point sparring W.U.M.A rules dont allow punching to the face. as far as i can see he has no full contact MA history at all except amateur boxing at a boys club in the 80's.

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    7/06/2007 3:22am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seeing as most of the pictures you see of him are him in silly stances with an even sillier looking weapon, I'm not in the least bit surprised.
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/06/2007 4:49am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think ive seen enough im calling BS on this **** org.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2007 5:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It seems im not the first person to doubt this org a few guys on MAP even visited his school and have insinuated he has falsified his lineage here is a link http://www.martialartsplanet.com/for...+tiger+kung+fu .

According to the guys at MAP this org has just recently begun calling themselves black tiger kung fu and have even copied someones elses lineage and claimed this to be a master johnsons lineage but his story seems to match the history of some guy named jeff from this website http://www.black-tiger.org/main.htm .

Posted On:
    8/06/2007 8:36pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

www.sil-lum-kune.com

Hello All. I'm Robert from the Midlands, England, and I run the website www.sil-lum-kune.com on behalf of Paul Burkinshaw and his Shaolin Fist Chinese Boxing Association. I have been soley responsible for this web site since its inception 7 years ago so I believe I am to blame for any confusion involving the site and its content.

I would like to start by sincerely apologising to you all for creating what seems to be, in this instance, a confusing web presence. I have read the entire thread and must admit to feeling a little disappointed with some of the comments. In the spirit of friendship and goodwill I would like to explain the various points of confusion below:

Website Layout
    Orginally the website catered strictly for the kung fu style Paul Burkinshaw taught namely "Sil Lum Kune" under his own association the "Shaolin Fist Chinese Boxing Association". There are detailed background articles on the website as to why these names were used. Paul Burkinshaw trains many people in my local community and so runs his association with four elements throughout the day, seven days a week. These four elements are Kung Fu (Sil Lum Hark Fu Mun), Kickboxing (for people who want to focus on stamina work, sparring, self defence etc), Little Ninja (basic training for the very young), Wrestling (grappling / floor work). The 'Little Ninja' title has always been a fierce point of discussion within the association, we are considiering alternatives. I have tried to make the website reflect these areas so that people can see what kind of training would interest them best. I have also tried to ensure that the history that got us from there to here is presented for all to see. We hope that over the years we will build up a good and honest record of our clubs achievements to pass on.

Karate Clubs in the Association
    Paul Burkinshaw will help other clubs with licences and insurance and grading arrangements if they are an honest and reputable club wishing to join the associaiton. Paul Burkinshaw is more than qualified to do this, yet I have witnessed him turn away frauds. I have seen students asked to leave the association when he could have took the lesson fee and sat back.

Competition Results / Grades
    The records of W.U.M.A., Chin Woo, B.C.C.M.A., C.I.M.A.C and others should back up all of the results on the website pages. I am unaware of any inaccuracies at all. I have spent many hours typing up medal totals for literally hundreds of students from the association. I will obviously change anything that is found to be incorrect. I fully appreciate how irrate little johhny's parents get when I type up that he got a bronze on the webstie, when it was a silver. So the thought of typing up something outrageously false fills me with horror.

Alwnick Club
    I have never trained at or even visited the Alwnick kickboxing club but I have met Shaun Gaines (Instructor) on many occasions at competitions and seminars. I have always found him to be a hardworking, experienced and humble man. If anyone who watched Shaun's class wanted to make comment in a respectful way I feel sure that Shaun Gaines would be willing to discuss the issue. I've always found him friendly and his students lively, energetic and respectful to train with.

Paul Burkinshaw
    Sifu is a word that means many things to many people. Personally, I take it literally, Si meaning Tutor, Fu meaning Father. I've trained under Paul Burkinshaw for these past 7 years, so I call him Sifu. He shouts at me when I mess up the sparring or I forget the form I've done a million times before. Occasionally he is crude other times funny, always respectful, but mainly he is dedicated to making the students realise their own full potential. In all this time he has never claimed to be anything he is not, he's not in it for the money, simply the honest pursual of the art (which he calls 'the tao'). He has travelled to China and Hong Kong these past years seaking out the ancestors of his particular style of martial art (Wong Cheung's Sil Lum Hark Fu Mun) and has met up with and trained with many practitionars of this style. I know he hates any politics and promotes a very harmonious family orientated association.

I'm hope this clears up your doubts or concerns. It seems I may need to come up with a better web design. Any comments are welcome on how I can make this information clear. You can contact Paul Burkinshaw via the website if you would like to raise any points directly.

With Sincere Respect.
    Robert
    Student of Sifu Paul Burkinshaw
    www.sil-lum-kune.com
    Last edited by robert_england; 8/06/2007 8:40pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2007 6:54am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to bullshido robert thank for adding to the thread its very rare that the subjects of an investigation come and defend themselves.

On the subject of the website I agree it isnt laid out very well but in fairness this isnt a sign of mcdojo but poor planning.

On the titles I the chin woo title is definately legit however i couldnt find mr burkinshaws name on any of the other orgs now i could be wrong but even if im not all of the org titles I found were either no contact or semi contact. Either way i suggest you contact the websites of the mentioned assosiations.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/08/2007 12:34am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Wrestling, TSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I dont know, when MAP calls them larping theives...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2007 8:11am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by riddlekon
    I dont know, when MAP calls them larping theives...
    I know MAP and BS rarely agree on anything.

And after looking at the site again it apears they are making enough money to build an academy building from scratch if they're not in it for the money how can they afford that? :dodgy:

Posted On:
    8/09/2007 10:14pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Sil Lum Hark Fu Mun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi alnwicktkd, my name is dan i am also a student of paul burkinshaw. the reason for the training hall being built is that the old training hall simply did not have enough room and facilities for the amount of students there are at present.

We actually had to do a lot of fund raising, sponsored events, sponsored runs etc in order to build the new training hall. my sifu got to the point where the bank wouldnt lend him anymore money. so really he could not afford to build the training hall by himself.

He could of kept the money for himself but instead put it back into the association providing us as the the students with the facilities we need to train with.

I have only known paul burkinshaw for just over a year now, but a can tell you he is not in it for the money. I hope this answers your question.

Regards
    Daniel Ryman
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast