Lightweight

Posted On:
    10/31/2008 12:11am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ/Muay Thai/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HigherLearning
    how long will reality defense/bullshido practioners believe that eye gouging, biting etc is a valid tactic to defend against wrestling and grappling? its 2008, these arguments have been answered ad nauseum in countless challenge matches (you tube has thousands of them) yet they persist in their belief that they can effectively counter any grappling attacks without ever learning how to grapple/wrestle??

troy, do you really think you're the first martial artist to try these tactics? or just that you've perfected them (without ever actually using them against a skilled grappler)
    It all comes back to the MMA/street argument. Most people are quite happy to stay and lull in a certain comfort zone with a false sense of security, assuming that their “dirty tactics” are valid form of defence against any grappler. Without ever even actually learning how to grapple or counter grappling attacks.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/31/2008 8:27am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would discount the value of RBSD systems out of hand. Most people are not going to be attacked by trained fighters. Against your most likely assailant, these techniques might work. At any rate most RBSD systems fail to address 2 things which I think are the weak points of such a system.

1 - Can you teach someone aggression?
    2 - Can you teach someone how to act in a hyper-violent manner?

Though related these are actually two different things. And if you can teach these two things...

3 - Can you teach someone who to use these crippling techniques in a controled manner?

Not every confrontation is life or death. In reality most confrontations are so far from that that if they get to that point there is usually a gun of knife involved, likely one that you don't know about.
    There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/31/2008 11:43am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Eye gouging, groin shots, throat shots and other dirty tactics are perfectly solid techniques. You just shouldn't base your entire faith on such techniques.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    11/02/2008 1:32pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ/Muay Thai/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Troy is this you?:

October 8, 1999, Michigan, Arizona: Richard Van Hazel and Troy Coe, both from Phoenix, are arrested in Rochester Hills, Michigan, and charged in the attempted kidnapping and murder of an accountant.

Van Hazel, a white supremacist with links to a wide number of extremist groups, and convicted in 1987 of mailing death threats to IRS agents and an African-American judge, and Coe impersonated U.S. marshals in order to kidnap an accountant who gave testimony in an Arizona case involving a chiropractor charged with income tax evasion. Authorities believe the two planned to kill the accountant.

Posted On:
    11/02/2008 1:48pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by troycoe
    Would I have to pay for your medical bills as well? It is not my job to fly you out here when you are questioning what I do. It would be your responsibility to “Disprove what I do.” Will I fly you out here lol. And I live in Scottsdale, Arizona.
    No, Omega covers his own medical bills. Besides, it's general public opinion that anything under 20 stitches on Omega's face constitutes an improvement.

Southwest BUR-PHX is $69 one way with enough planning. This is ridiculously cheap.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/02/2008 3:59pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by troycoe
    Do you actually think that anything I do is similar to TKD, you keep showing videos of people doing stuff that is nothing the way I teach it. Think of it as not reinventing the wheel, some tires are made for off road and some are not. They are different.

Beom, thank you for the thoughtful thread

And as I have said before, I have an open door policy for anyone.

Would I have to pay for your medical bills as well? It is not my job to fly you out here when you are questioning what I do. It would be your responsibility to “Disprove what I do.” Will I fly you out here lol. And I live in Scottsdale, Arizona.
    Guys this will be my last posting, good luck to you all in your endeavors, this has turned into a colossal waste of time.
    You just can reason with Village Idiots
    For the record let's close this conversation.

A. You don't believe you're full of ****.
    B. You've contradicted yourself in your own posts.
    C. I offer to fly out to give you a neutral examination of your school and you think I'm responsible to disprove you and something about medical.
    1. You'd have to pay for medical if you were doing something that is considered liable like jump me as I walked into your school or hit me with a bat while I was sitting there talking to you.
    2. That was not a challenge that was an offer to get you off the hook and you jumped down one of the posters that was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Please vote what you think of this school. Bullshit school, kinda bullshit school, not a bullshit school. No explanation needed.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/02/2008 4:02pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Poll is now up.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2008 7:11pm

Style: TKD, judo, MT noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have to vote kinda bullshit, simply because troy is so stubborn about the ferocious 5. if he would include a sprawl, wizzer, shrimp, and upa as sort of counter grappling it would be a perfectly valid self defense style.

troy, if ur still reading, do this plz, and let omega come down and check it out, he wasn't challenging, just offering to be a neutral third party with a great deal of experience

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/02/2008 9:05pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    Eye gouging, groin shots, throat shots and other dirty tactics are perfectly solid techniques. You just shouldn't base your entire faith on such techniques.
    they are perfectly valid techniques, but none of those are great counters to grappling attacks

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    11/02/2008 9:21pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HigherLearning
    they are perfectly valid techniques, but none of those are great counters to grappling attacks
    which is why I voted the way I did.

For an untrained person, learning basic self-defense to be used against another untrained person for the express purposes of gaining a few moments of upper-hand to escape or mount a continued offense.....they are just fine.

The idea of this being the "Universal Spackle For Fighting" is where I respectfully disagree with Mr. Coe
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 56789 1011121319 ... LastLast