Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/28/2008 1:37pm

Style: TKD, judo, MT noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    troycoe,

it sounds like you actually have a decent self defense system that you teach. personally I dont like the idea of leading with your right but for people who want to learn to fight quickly its not necessarily bad. I also think that discouraging kicks early in training is good, but not teaching them when low kicks and the occasional floating rib kick are fight enders seems limiting. Like I said though, a good limited self defense system.

I do have an issue with your thought that the "ferocious five" is the be all end all to grappling defense. I used to train with a shotokan friend and a wing chun friend, both of whom were convinced that throwing knees as I shot in, raking at my eyes, or nailing me in the balls would stop me. Well they did hit me with a knee once or twice, but if you expect it you can just shoot an outside single and avoid it, and most knees still missed or were stuffed when i shot a double. In the clinch or on the ground, eye gouging and raking were generally avoided by just constant head moving/shaking, which didnt really impede what i was doing. and ball shots do in fact require leverage, otherwise you can just be shaken off. I was able to just slightly adjust my position and my nuts were safe. Im not a great grappler, but i was able to mostly negate these attacks, and eventually submit them. A sprawl, an upa, and a shrimp are much better submission/grappling defenses, and almost as easy. you seem like a smart guy, add one or two more things to your style, and all of a sudden it becomes much more complete.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/28/2008 1:46pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What does SIZE matter? Really? Probably nothing if your chi is good..........

cue the 'twilight zone' music

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/28/2008 1:59pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have broken my hand in class while rolling and I still took mount before I decided to stop. I have broken my hand 3 times in the last 1.5 years. The last time I was rolling in a splint two weeks after. If I want to hurt you I am going to. Anyone who has been grappling for a while knows that noobs constantly grab fingers and necks and everything else. One of the first things you learn is hot to keep the other guys hands off of you.
    There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    10/28/2008 2:03pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If the biting they're talking about isn't similar to Vunak's BJJ/Kino mutai hybrid, it's likely bullshit.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/28/2008 2:20pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is why I believe Goldust's version more and more.

He calls Goldust a liar but, his stories get bigger and bigger and bigger.

We need to verify if this is honestly the owner.

*edit*
    Reality Defense in Phoenix, AZ a McDojo? MABS Runoff - No BS Martial Arts

We have our first contribution to a runoff thread. Hey people, this is MABS.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 10/28/2008 2:23pm at .

Posted On:
    10/28/2008 3:59pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by troycoe
    I wish someone in the Phoenix area that is affiliated with this forum would come in and check out what we do.
    Troy
    International W lives in your area. Knowing his background and who he trains with, he'd be well able to check you guys out and show you your illusions. I'm not volunteering him though. I don't think there's a whole lot of people that really are that interested in re-proving to someone clueless that rips and gouges are less important than a solid delivery system to set them up.

I mean, what are you asking, go back in time and relive the Gracie challenge matches in 2008? Why? I mean sheesh here's a 2006 example - just go to YouTube and type in "Gracie Challenge"

YouTube - rorion gracie vs taekwondo black belt challenge

Oh, I know - they didn't have the special "5 dragons defense" or whatever. Right. Unless that is 5 bullets in a revolver then you are delusional.

Just give up the tough guy act and go sneak in to Megaton's place on the sly to take some ground lessons. Go see Houssan - he'll show you about gouges and rips.

Posted On:
    10/28/2008 4:05pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Reality Defense Training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When you get jumped outside a biker bar you don't worry about police reports you fucking moron you get the hell out of there. Escape is a big part of Self Defense ya know. I guess you would have stomped him to death. You ask a question like that and then respond in that way? I don't need to prove anything to you. You guys are the ones with the opinions I don't care whether you believe me or not. Cage fighting (UFC) is nothing but human cock fighting. It proves nothing but barbarism. Oh and nice of you to mention that you were glad that my student didn't die. Real honorable of you. If any of you want to test what I said here you are more than welcome to come and see. Man up. Until you do that then you STFU!
    You’re asking for proof and no one will come in and see. I have open door. No matter what you say or think no one’s ego will face the possibility that I may not be wrong. Hide behind you screens and key boards and say what you want. You guys are nothing but mouth pieces I am 43 years old and I have now verified the decline of the Martial Arts into nothing but opinionated thugs with no backbone.
    Now I will STFU!

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    10/28/2008 4:14pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Escape is a big part of Self Defense ya know.
    How much time to you devote to improving your running form?
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/28/2008 4:20pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    (I know this post will get deleted, but in all seriousness) Have you seen his picture?
    There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/28/2008 4:59pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When you get jumped outside a biker bar you don't worry about police reports you fucking moron you get the hell out of there. Escape is a big part of Self Defense ya know. I guess you would have stomped him to death. You ask a question like that and then respond in that way? I don't need to prove anything to you. You guys are the ones with the opinions I don't care whether you believe me or not. Cage fighting (UFC) is nothing but human cock fighting. It proves nothing but barbarism. Oh and nice of you to mention that you were glad that my student didn't die. Real honorable of you. If any of you want to test what I said here you are more than welcome to come and see. Man up. Until you do that then you STFU!
    You’re asking for proof and no one will come in and see. I have open door. No matter what you say or think no one’s ego will face the possibility that I may not be wrong. Hide behind you screens and key boards and say what you want. You guys are nothing but mouth pieces I am 43 years old and I have now verified the decline of the Martial Arts into nothing but opinionated thugs with no backbone.
    Now I will STFU!
    Yet, you Mr. Ear Ripper are the epitome of Self defense? Ear Ripping isn't Barbaric? Wow.

Please do shut up because you do care otherwise, you wouldn't spend posts after posts regaling us with your skills.
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast