Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/02/2007 7:55pm

Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you for the review Goldust. I drove by there about a week ago, and thought it was interesting, but didn't have time to stop in. What gym do you train at, I'm assuming you're in the area. I live over near Cave Creek and Thunderbird but drive to Tempe to get in a workout usually if I do at all.

I'm glad I didn't waste my time going there, it just sounds like a scam place that does point sparring or some bullshit like that. If I weren't afraid of some fat sweaty guy in a red man suit grabbing my balls trying to explain the "fabulous five" I might go in. Do they really teach to grab balls and eye gouge there? If you practice how to eye gouge you're going to probably blind your training partners sooner or later. I'm going to talk to my friend who said he was looking to go there to train self defense. He'll be glad to know that he shouldn't waste his time either.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/05/2007 9:33am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey goldust.

Go here and get yourself a school critique Icon.
    I know you'll say you don't care but, why not pimp your school a bit.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/newt...newthread&f=84

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    5/07/2007 10:18am

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The tangent discussion of Roland Sarrea's BJJ black belt credentials can be found here:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54488

The tangent discussion of where else to train in Tempe, AZ can be found here:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54489
    Last edited by Tom Kagan; 5/07/2007 10:20am at .
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Posted On:
    10/24/2008 4:21pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Reality Defense Training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Rely to the uninformed

Hello, my name is Troy Coe, Founder of Reality Defense Training. I was forwarded the link to this forum but someone I don't know and am responding to some of the things I have read. I will start with the rant drafted by GOLDUST. I will say this, he is lying about watching a class or sparring. We do not allow people to "Watch" classes for the reasons he posted in his opinion. If a person is going to take the time to WATCH a class they should take a class (Which is free for new students). Many people form an opinion when they watch without actually experiencing the training.
    I have an open door policy and always have for anyone that wants to come in a workout and/or compare notes. It is the nature of our business that egos get involved and people beat on their chests and scream "My Kung Fu is Better Than Yours!" I have always said and will say again now, people need to put their money where their mouth is or shut the hell up. I have had many MMA fighters ruffle their feathers and say they will kick my ass or one of my instructors. Virtually all my e-mail with covert names like GOLDUST and when pressed mysteriously vanish. I have nothing to hide and will put my concepts and training against ANY out there.
    GODLUST's description of the class and methods of the class proves he was not there. It is a sad state of our society when armchair warriors sit back and Blog about things they truly know nothing about. I am sure people will read this response and laugh and brush it off and that will only serve to make my point. I see that GOLDUST aka (?) lives in Scottsdale, Arizona. I invite you to come on in and talk with me about our philosophy or differences thereof. Intelligent men can disagree and remain friendly. This is directed at you because you apparently have RDT all figured out with your 12 paragraphs of review. View this invitation how ever you want, challenge or friendly discussion. Don't hide behind your computer screen. Come and take advantage of the weaknesses you say I teach or come in and logically prove them wrong through discussion. My new location is in the Scottsdale Airpark, address and phone number is on the website. I am here 6 days a week but if you are only available on Sundays I will meet you then. If you are unwilling to meet, then perhaps you should shut the hell up.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/24/2008 4:42pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You sure he's lying? I mean the review was a year ago. Second, I've looked over your website, I didn't see anything blazingly wrong with what you're doing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/25/2008 11:51am

Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm pressed for time at the moment as I was just heading out the door to the gym when I saw this rebuttal so I don't have time for a long reply.

I don't care if you believe me or not. I watched class (although this was several years ago) and stand by every thing that I posted in my review. From what I've seen and heard many of your students have a highly inflated opinion of what it is that they can actually do. You could probably do a lot worse than RDT as far as basic self defense is concerned. I didn't think that it was all bad but when you go around making statements such as:

"Stop any grappler with the Fearsome five!"

"Takedowns don't work against us. Mark Kerr couldn't take me down!"

"We have ways of striking that no one in the world knows...except us!"

"They would ban us from professional Boxing because we would knock every one out in one round!" etc.

You can't be too surprised when people are highly suspect of such unproven claims especially in light of the very limited sparring and the over reliance on eye gouging testicle grabing etc. at RDT.

Posted On:
    10/25/2008 2:32pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Reality Defense Training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First, I never said Mark Kerr couldn’t take me down. I was asking him questions as to what Gracie was trying to do to him when Mark defeated Gracie in the UFC. Also, you can stop any “Grappler” with the ferocious 5. When you are trying submitting and ground and pound and I am gouging and biting and ripping you are not going be successful. Come in and try. As I said, put your money where your mouth is. I suspect that you will like many people will sit behind your computer screen and make statements and not stand up to scrutiny. I will.
    You see, I read a response to your review and someone decided to not come in and at least draw their own conclusion, so you have hurt my business. That is the problem with people like yourself running your mouth not knowing the consequences of your actions. I will again invite you to come in and test what you say to what I say. We do not compete because if gouging and bite were allowed people would get very injured. Why can’t MMA fighters separate the two and leave it be? Man up, come in and see, treat this as a Challenge or a comparison I don’t care.
    Lastly, about the two statements about "We have ways of striking that no one in the world knows...except us!" that is a bold face lie! I have never said that, because that is not true.
    AND
    "They would ban us from professional Boxing because we would knock every one out in one round!" etc. I have never said that either, why would you get band for performing the goal of boxing in one round? Tyson did it for years.
    I have invited you twice now to put up or shut up, what’s it going to be? Everybody on this forum will see this if you will not back up your opinion and views you are a coward!

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/25/2008 2:47pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by troycoe
    First, I never said Mark Kerr couldn’t take me down. I was asking him questions as to what Gracie was trying to do to him when Mark defeated Gracie in the UFC. Also, you can stop any “Grappler” with the ferocious 5. When you are trying submitting and ground and pound and I am gouging and biting and ripping you are not going be successful. Come in and try. As I said, put your money where your mouth is. I suspect that you will like many people will sit behind your computer screen and make statements and not stand up to scrutiny. I will.
    You see, I read a response to your review and someone decided to not come in and at least draw their own conclusion, so you have hurt my business. That is the problem with people like yourself running your mouth not knowing the consequences of your actions. I will again invite you to come in and test what you say to what I say. We do not compete because if gouging and bite were allowed people would get very injured. Why can’t MMA fighters separate the two and leave it be? Man up, come in and see, treat this as a Challenge or a comparison I don’t care.
    Lastly, about the two statements about "We have ways of striking that no one in the world knows...except us!" that is a bold face lie! I have never said that, because that is not true.
    AND
    "They would ban us from professional Boxing because we would knock every one out in one round!" etc. I have never said that either, why would you get band for performing the goal of boxing in one round? Tyson did it for years.
    I have invited you twice now to put up or shut up, what’s it going to be? Everybody on this forum will see this if you will not back up your opinion and views you are a coward!
    Um....Mark never fought Gracie in the UFC.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/25/2008 6:14pm

Style: Ju-Jitsu/BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, here we go with the myth that grapplers can't possibly know how to gouge, bite, etc. I mean, hell, everybody knows those are extraordinarily complicated techniques that only REAL "self-defense" folks can learn how to do, and of course you can do them effectively with devastating effect while someone is mounted on your chest beating the daylights out of you!

*sigh* To repeat for the hundred billionth trillionth time, the person with superior positioning skills will not only be able to hit you, throw you, strangle you, etc more effectively - they also are in a better position to stick their finger in your eye, fish-hook you, etc.

This karate guy thought the same thing too, right up to getting his arm broken: YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Jeff Cook

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/25/2008 6:17pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hundred billionth trillionth time?

I've told you guys a million times to stop exaggerating
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast