Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/30/2012 3:57pm

Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
    So Sumito, if you're still here,
    I think that he's gone, I'm surprised that none of the eight instructors listed on the website, aside from Troy, ever showed up here.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    3/31/2012 7:57pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenMMA View Post
    How to disarm an unarmed attacker - 3 sessions - Special Rate $49.99
    Slow clap.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2013 5:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know that is is an old thread but they Reality Defense guys posted some new youtube videos so what the hell.

The classic street vs. sport sales pitch, fear based marketing and of course Redman:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2013 5:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Same ****, no head movement, no footwork, stationary target, pre-arranged punch/counter/combination punches that look and sound much more impressive than they are especially since the "attackers" most of the time, if you watch closely, really aren't even trying to hit the person defending and are only punching in front of/in the general vicinity of the defender. The guy in the blue shirt at about the :20 mark literally could just stand there and not do anything and not get hit since all of the punches looked to be a good six inches short of the mark. That's actually a common problem with pad drills/pre-aranged attack and defense sequences. The attacker is often afraid of hitting the person they are working with in case they screw up and without realizing it they start unconsciously aiming around/above the head of the person defending.

I see that they're still teaching that same "Matrix" style defense where they
    reason that they don't really move/duck/slip punches as you would see in boxing
    is because they have the misguided notion that they can pick off/block any and
    all strikes coming their way. That works when you have a compliant partner that
    stands right in front of you and really isn't trying to hit you with any intensity and/or throws a single strike at a time. Some of it actually reminds me of Kenpo demonstrations that I've seen. I'd like to see them go into a boxing/kickboxing/mma gym and test out their theories but that will never happen.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/17/2013 9:24pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let's stop the bullshit logical fallacies, there are rules on the street. There is a reason people rarely uses eye gouges, knee stomps, eye rakes and other "too deadly for the street" bullshit. You'll fucking go to jail. Yes, if you can't prove who started the **** it is over. "Street fight" and "Self defense" are not always synonymous.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/18/2013 7:56am

Style: Judo, Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bas Rutten said it best, "Never escalate the level of violence in a fight that you are losing."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/19/2013 2:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Reality Defense Training" (Troy makes an appearance + some "sparring" footage towards the end

Posted On:
    12/19/2013 5:11pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It isn't uncommon for a criminal to be familiar enough with the law to help them keep their transgressions to lower level crimes.

Posted On:
    12/19/2013 5:21pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldust View Post
    "Reality Defense Training" (Troy makes an appearance + some "sparring" footage towards the end

I love LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the whole adrenaline dump statement. As if that isn't one the best reasons to train in an alive manner, and to compete.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/20/2013 1:25am

Style: Judo, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "That you fight back is more important than how you fight back. That you fight back is more important than any technique you can learn."

Seriously?

This jackass is going to get his students killed.

AZ has some of the laxest gun laws in the nation. If you're worried about becoming a victim on the streets, start with a concealed weapons course. Why they hell would you want this fat bastard teaching you stuff that does not work and is going to just piss off the person attacking you with a weapon?
    Last edited by kamadul; 12/20/2013 1:29am at . Reason: typos
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61213141516 17181920 ... LastLast