Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7891011 12131415 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/11/2008 6:59pm

Style: Itinerant Wanderer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I realize this is a necro'ed thread, and that I really don't have a dog in this fight. I won't be going to Arizona to live any time soon. However, the "deadly eye gouging" fighting requirement got me to thinking.

What if you modified the eye gouging rules? To whit: don't allow real eye gouging, as that risks a lot of injury no one can fix. Instead, if either competitor manages to grab the other's nose between thumb and forefinger, that counts as an eye gouge. Competition is paused while grabbed competitor must put on an eye patch. A second successful nose grab results in a blindfold.

I dunno. I doubt an offer of that nature would bring roaches out of the woodwork, so to speak. But it would certainly make a match more interesting.
    Thoughts?

Incidentally, I've been bitten while trying to apply yeri gatame (scarf hold). It hurt, but did not halt my progress. I just switched to a different position, farther from those choppers. :eatbaby:

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/11/2008 7:18pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Muerteds
    I realize this is a necro'ed thread, and that I really don't have a dog in this fight. I won't be going to Arizona to live any time soon. However, the "deadly eye gouging" fighting requirement got me to thinking.

What if you modified the eye gouging rules? To whit: don't allow real eye gouging, as that risks a lot of injury no one can fix. Instead, if either competitor manages to grab the other's nose between thumb and forefinger, that counts as an eye gouge. Competition is paused while grabbed competitor must put on an eye patch. A second successful nose grab results in a blindfold.

I dunno. I doubt an offer of that nature would bring roaches out of the woodwork, so to speak. But it would certainly make a match more interesting.
    Thoughts?

Incidentally, I've been bitten while trying to apply yeri gatame (scarf hold). It hurt, but did not halt my progress. I just switched to a different position, farther from those choppers. :eatbaby:
    scarf hold is kesa gatame...?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/11/2008 7:35pm

Style: Itinerant Wanderer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, judo calls it kesa gatame. Danzan ryu jujitsu calls it (y)eri gatame. Same thing. Should've gone with judo terminology.

Posted On:
    12/11/2008 7:48pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I mean if you want to talk true "Reality Self Defense" the defense is to shoot your 300lb. ****-talking fat ass when you walk in the door as you fear for your life due to all the threats of being maimed by deadly eye gouges.

Posted On:
    12/11/2008 7:50pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But I must add, I do like the Redman videos. They're not that school, but I seriously would pay someone to wear that ****!!!!

Maybe I should talk everyone at the school into if you lose a fight, you have to wear the Redman suit the next 2 practices. That would be so awesome!!!!

Lightweight

Posted On:
    12/11/2008 8:49pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ/Muay Thai/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ha! I forgot about the “Ferocious 5” in which any of the five can be used to counter grappling techniques and take downs.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/13/2008 9:38am

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by troycoe
    I have now verified the decline of the Martial Arts into nothing but opinionated thugs with no backbone.
    Now I will STFU!
    Would one of the opinionated thugs be you?

Posted On:
    1/09/2009 12:35pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Folkstyle Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Update to this foolishness.

Troy offered to have me come to his school to fight him. He said his intent was to attempt to severely injure me via eye gouging if I showed. He also tried to get me "fired" as a volunteer wrestling coach at a local high school. He googled my name with wrestling and it showed my picture on the website for the team. He also had a member of a local police department email me with that information only (for what reason I don't know.) Obviously I'm still coaching.

Here's a little more. Whoever brought up that stuff about Troy being in serious trouble was right. Apparently our friend Troy was in a lot of trouble and has ties to white supremecist organizations. He was charged with impersonating a law enforcement agent, kidnapping, attempted murder and weapons charges. However he was let go because he turned evidence against his partner in crime. The problem was that his plea was nearly disallowed because the prosecutor in the case may or may not have properly disclosed Troy's plea deal to the jury. While he technically did follow the rules, there were some problems with it. Troy's response to me was that he wasn't convicted of anything and that he "didn't know" what his partner was up to.

My offer was for Troy to get a USA Wrestling membership card (about $35) and come down to work out with us after the season was over. He declined calling my names.

What prompted me to even come back and post was an incident on New Years.

I was at a party where alcohol was served and there was a guy there who seemed very proud to be a member of the Army, active duty. I have plenty of friends who are jarheads, none of them go to any great lengths to say much of it (one of whom killed dozens of people in Iraq). Anyway long story short, some girl I apparently disrespected egged on the Army guy enough so that he attacked me from behind. I easily wrestled/threw him to the ground with a kesa-getame (for you Judo guys), and held him looking for a choke. Well he tried to eye gouge me. I guess if he was a reality defense master I wouldn't be here today. Instead I just turned it into a reverse half and went chest to chest (as I would in wrestling), and put a lot of pressure on his head and neck before being pulled off.

I guess eye gouging doesn't work against wrestling.

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/09/2009 1:14pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No background on the guy who attacked you?

Posted On:
    1/09/2009 10:35pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Folkstyle Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Apparently Army, heard him talking to someone said he was airborne, don't know his rank MOS, etc. An all around idiot, he should have kicked my ass though. He had 2 good swings at me while I was sitting down with my back turned to him. I got up, closed distance, right into kesa-gatame, and then pulled up on his head with that. He just tried to eye gouge me. Got pulled off by a buddy of mine who was in the marine corps. Army man was ejected and the girl who egged him on was also ejected.
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7891011 12131415 ... LastLast