Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Calf Slicer

Style
    BJJ/Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Calf Slicer

I didn't want to post this in BJJ General since it is a simple noob technical question. Normally I will instantly ask my partner or instructor if I need assistance, or work at it and figure it out in a reasonable simple scenario. In this case my rolling partner was Brazilian and did not speak any English, and I couldn't for the life of me figure it out.

I had passed to half guard and was doing a good job of keeping him on his back as opposed to on his side. I was working on slipping my leg through and pushing his knees down when he locked his feet together somehow on my calf and cranked the hell out of it. I know it was a calf slicer but I would very much like to know how he positioned his feet and bones to knife me like that.

Style
    BJJ/Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Calf Slicer

I didn't want to post this in BJJ General since it is a simple noob technical question. Normally I will instantly ask my partner or instructor if I need assistance, or work at it and figure it out in a reasonable simple scenario. In this case my rolling partner was Brazilian and did not speak any English, and I couldn't for the life of me figure it out.

I had passed to half guard and was doing a good job of keeping him on his back as opposed to on his side. I was working on slipping my leg through and pushing his knees down when he locked his feet together somehow on my calf and cranked the hell out of it. I know it was a calf slicer but I would very much like to know how he positioned his feet and bones to knife me like that.

Style
    Judo, Sub wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds like just cranking the Lockdown to me. If you don't know what the Lockdown is you shouldn't be asking how to do a low % gimmick from it.

Style
    BJJ - Homeland Security
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Duplicate threads merged. Click the button only once.

Style
    BJJ, wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Was your knee fully bent or (semi-) straight when it happened?

Style
    BJJ/Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Semi straight, and in response to one of the above comments I may actually know The Lockdown but because the main language there is Portuguese sometimes I learn a technique but not the name. Thank you for working with me, and thanks to mod for merging.

Style
    BJJ/MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah, it sounds like someone with a really strong lockdown.

it's actually not really that much of a slicer, though it does kinda feel like one.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You shouldn't tap to the lockdown. It feels scary the first time, but it's just a way on controlling your base on that side. What you can try to do is bend your knee and get it in close to him. There's a lot less pressure that way than if you let him keep your leg straight.

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville supporting member
    Style
    Electricity, Speed
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's no shame in tapping to the Lockdown. Some people just have less flexible calves than others. There's a brown belt that I can tap virtually 95% of the time when I get him in half guard, due entirely to the might of the Lockdown.
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Style
    BJJ/MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if you're getting tapped by the lockdown, especially if it happens alot, you need to learn how to counter that **** immediately if you can't take the pain.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last