Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread: Crossfit Gyms?

  1. #11
    NunOnBreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    418
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Equipoise
    Try Again. Use the search function numb nuts and find out why Crossfit sucks. Functionality... right.
    Gee, I guess I should go with what you say over BJ or Chuck, and lots of BJJ champions.

    BTW, using the search function finds a lot of good arguements for it.



    Fear the weasels

    Fear the gay pirate

    Me caught Spinning at work

    "Do not be afraid. With my nipples I will suckle each of you with arcane knowledge passed down for generations." -Ashida Kim (Phrost)

  2. #12
    War Wizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    1,152
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NunOnBreak
    Gee, I guess I should go with what you say over BJ or Chuck, and lots of BJJ champions.
    Not to mention all the military types I know (SEALs, SF, Rangers) that swear by it.

    The only real issue I've heard anyone have with it is tracking results because by either following the WOD or your own concoction, you're gonna have a quite a while in between duplicate workouts.
    "Keep a sharp knife, shiny boots and be on time."

  3. #13
    Equipoise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    In the nightmares of bodybuilders.
    Posts
    3,433
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lack of specificity, periodization focused on individual training needs, specific reasoning behind each exercise and a lack of focus upon the utilization of specific metabolic pathways for the end goals. Those are some reasons. Go ask a personal trainer who's worth their salt.

  4. #14
    Cullion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Oxford, UK
    Posts
    6,525
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Isn't that a sort of argument for almost any programme which isn't specifically tailored to an individual by an expert (or somebody who's getting close to it after years of reading around the subject and experimenting) ? or is there something particularly bad about crossfit ?

    I mean if I look at any programme on the web, it's not geared specifically to me, but it might be a good place to start.
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

    !! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

    Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey



    I <3 Sirc.

  5. #15
    Emevas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Minot AFB, ND
    Posts
    6,788
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This dude is totally crossfit

    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

  6. #16
    NunOnBreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    418
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Equipoise
    Go ask a personal trainer who's worth their salt.
    That is so rare I wouldn't even try to find one. Most personal trainers know how to help you achieve a particular look (I want nice biceps! I want ripped abs! I want tight buns!) or lose weight and that is it.

    Try telling one you need to have full body cardio (not just the ability to run) and the ability to move explosively in any direction, from any position, and with any limb and see the blank stares or crap they make up. But crossfit will help you meet this goal very nicely.



    Fear the weasels

    Fear the gay pirate

    Me caught Spinning at work

    "Do not be afraid. With my nipples I will suckle each of you with arcane knowledge passed down for generations." -Ashida Kim (Phrost)

  7. #17
    War Wizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    1,152
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Equipoise
    Lack of specificity, periodization focused on individual training needs, specific reasoning behind each exercise and a lack of focus upon the utilization of specific metabolic pathways for the end goals. Those are some reasons. Go ask a personal trainer who's worth their salt.
    "Keep a sharp knife, shiny boots and be on time."

  8. #18
    Equipoise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    In the nightmares of bodybuilders.
    Posts
    3,433
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NunOnBreak
    That is so rare I wouldn't even try to find one. Most personal trainers know how to help you achieve a particular look (I want nice biceps! I want ripped abs! I want tight buns!) or lose weight and that is it.

    Try telling one you need to have full body cardio (not just the ability to run) and the ability to move explosively in any direction, from any position, and with any limb and see the blank stares or crap they make up. But crossfit will help you meet this goal very nicely.
    Except for the fact that 1. Cardio is a nebulous term and 2. Use the search function in the inability to increase VO2 max.

  9. #19

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    773
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Equipoise
    Except for the fact that 1. Cardio is a nebulous term and 2. Use the search function in the inability to increase VO2 max.
    I used the search function. There is one thread on V02max, the tabita thread, and as such, it said you can increase it.

    Therefore, you are guilty of bullshido. You make wild claims without backing the **** up. Could be something in the chemicals you're ingesting.

    My guess is that you can't hang with the WOD, and therefore say it's crap.

    I can't hang with 2 out of 3 workouts, and those I can, usually leave me gassed. It's quite fun actually.

  10. #20
    Equipoise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    In the nightmares of bodybuilders.
    Posts
    3,433
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Try again. You do realize that the heart is a muscle. For intended strength gains, etc. There are two ways to do such, that is hypertrophy and CNS adaptation.

    Making the heart hypertrophy does what...?

    Also does your body serve your heart, or the other way around..?

    For starters http://www.superslow.com/articles/why_not_aerobics.html

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO