Sponsored Links Spacer Image

International Man of Pancakes

Posted On:
    4/28/2007 11:19am

Style: Wu style tcc+bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soju - Joe
    We can’t bust heads like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to tell ‘em stories that don’t go anywhere - like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on ‘em. ‘Give me five bees for a quarter,’ you’d say.
    Now where were we? Oh yeah - the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn’t have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...

Thanks for 'splainin Abe.:duckie:
    Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.
    - Voltaire

Posted On:
    4/28/2007 6:44pm

Style: TKD, MT, KEMPO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    47 years old. Had to drop the BJJ after about a year- started when i was 45, so, a litlte late. Still, I go down to the boxing gym 3 times a week, lift, run when I can, etc. I just couldn't take the joint aches from getting subbed by 20 year olds. Still, I was at Faritex working out hard at 40, so, 30, is well, really young to be complaining. Now, I haven't had a drink in 6 years, so that helps. Sorry, but the booze, etc, will slow you down and if the thought of quitting booze really upsets you, you've got a problem, a big fucking problem. Sorry, but it's true.

Posted On:
    4/28/2007 7:06pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by new2bjj
    47 years old. Had to drop the BJJ after about a year- started when i was 45, so, a litlte late. Still, I go down to the boxing gym 3 times a week, lift, run when I can, etc. I just couldn't take the joint aches from getting subbed by 20 year olds. Still, I was at Faritex working out hard at 40, so, 30, is well, really young to be complaining. Now, I haven't had a drink in 6 years, so that helps. Sorry, but the booze, etc, will slow you down and if the thought of quitting booze really upsets you, you've got a problem, a big fucking problem. Sorry, but it's true.
    It doesnt really upset me that much. Im jsut having fun bitching about being old

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/28/2007 9:34pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since we got all the old fuckers in this thread, what do you old timers think of this as my entrance song?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=h9rhJL34ocg
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/28/2007 11:03pm

Style: default std

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    Since we got all the old fuckers in this thread, what do you old timers think of this as my entrance song?

Nice, good lyrics too... excellent choice. How long will it play for? you'll take what? 2 - 3 minutes to get to ring?
    Last edited by Marrt; 4/28/2007 11:06pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/29/2007 12:50am

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrt
    Nice, good lyrics too... excellent choice. How long will it play for? you'll take what? 2 - 3 minutes to get to ring?
    2 to 3 sounds about right, I'll get checked before entering the cage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/29/2007 1:55am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One guy at my gym is in his late 60s. He's one tough mother fucker. I think you'll find a picture of him in my "Dojo" review thingie.

Edit: Third picture in the background.

Posted On:
    4/29/2007 1:56am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Back in my Goju days, we had a tough old salt who started in his late sixties. He was with us for all of my many years there and trained JJJ as well. He had a 7 day a week MA thing happening, although he started late in life (but he had boxed in his teens ant 20's). He got his 1st dan in goju and last i heard had a 2nd dan in jjj.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    4/29/2007 5:53am

supporting member
     Style: age&treachery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Speaking as an old fucker, I say that Ice Cube sux balls, and did so even before he became a cuddly family comedy star. Though Oakenfold has done some decent work . . . this says "rent gig" all over it. I clicked out 30 seconds in, right after "I been like Deon for eons/You ain't nothin' but a beeotch."

You can do better, IMO.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/29/2007 11:29am

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

"You better get' em up ...who wants some?"
    Nice choice Anthony. I'm not big on that sort of music but Ice Cube is cool. Well, at least he used to be cool.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345