Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/26/2007 6:01am

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm almost 34 I work a lot, do post-graduate study at night. I do weights and am a hell of a lot physically stronger than I was in my early 20's when I was a string bean. Sometimes I think if I got into my cardio and took a chance I still have a lot of good years left. I'm a lot more concerned with my health these days. I have experience and a lot of different simple yet effective ideas I keep to myself. I think its important to play the experience angle more as you get older, use your smarts for when to drop a bomb down their throat.
    Last edited by Lefty; 4/26/2007 6:15am at .

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    4/26/2007 6:23am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** you oldtimers!

/me runs

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    4/26/2007 8:16am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm about to run 38... and it's a bitch. But 30 is not old, no way Jose.

For most men, 28-ish to 33-is is their prime. I wouldn't call it old. HOWEVER, once you turn 30, be mindfull of overtraining, sickness, bronchitis or things like mono (which can be easily pick up at the gym, for example.) Your body is going to have a harder time recovering from sicknesses if you are not careful.

If you are 30, you are not old, yet. Just keep an eye of common illnesses, and take your vitamins.

So, colonel, 30 is not old. You are in your prime, bitch!!!!
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Welterweight

Posted On:
    4/26/2007 8:24am

supporting member
     Style: age&treachery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Whorian Gracie
    You were bitching about turning 30? 30's the new 20 and 40 is the new 16. **** man. With plastic the way it is now, when I need some **** done, I will be a fucking fetus when I am 70 years old.
    Quoted for TRVTH.

Quote Originally Posted by colonelpong2
    I can now apply for a special licence to annoy young people by pretending to be deaf.
    The real pros make it even more annoying by accusing the yoots of NOT SPEAKING DISTINCTLY. I'm not at that stage yet, but come the time . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    **** you oldtimers!
    GET OFFA MY LAWN YA LITTLE BASTID!

*shakes fist*

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    4/26/2007 8:28am

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At 31 I'm stronger but heavier and slower than I was at 21. This can still be fixed and is being fixed with diet and exercise.

The big difference is more to do with the lifestyle changes like having a familly and a demanding job (which involves sitting on my ass all day).

'Physical prime' varies by activity. Many endurance atheletes peak well into their 30's and can carry on at Olympic level into their 40s.

Powerlifters peak later and can keep going well past 35 at the top level as long as they don't accumulate too many injuries.

Stuff reliant on being fast and agile tops out earlier. Sprinters don't very often go on past 30, and gymnasts are out of the top game well before 30.

And to be honest, these are age guidelines for people performing at the elite level of atheletic competition who maintain an extremely high level of training continuously.

Most people are probably capable of getting into better shape at 35 than they were at 21 simply by eating better and training more consistently and intelligently than they did at 21.
    They just can't find the time and/or motivation.
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/26/2007 8:37am

Style: default std

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by colonelpong2
    30 is old. SO very very old. But look at it this way:

I am 30 years old but I have an old joke.... I keep it in the notebook at the bottom of my desk.... dont tell my flatmates...

blah blah blah something full of self-pity
    Wrong forum... the fitness forum is starting the groundswell of over-30s who will ultimately takeover bullshido...

shhhhhhhhhhhh! don't tell anyone. Or else we will have to keeeeeeeeel you.
    Even if I have to fly back to NZ to do it.

Posted On:
    4/26/2007 8:37am

Style: Les Mills Bodycombat™

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am 44 so long as both your wife and girlfriend are younger than you it doesn't matter what age you are.

Flyweight

Posted On:
    4/26/2007 9:54am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, MMA, CQB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    31, and basically what everyone else said. I'm just starting but I don't feel like my age is slowing me down. I'm in better shape and more motivated than I would have been 10 years ago.
    :Determined:
    HTFU and join Bullshido on Fitocracy!
    http://ftcy.co/tBAxyj

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/26/2007 10:14am

Style: Brawling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    47 here, I was fine until 42 when I blew out my left arch training for SFAS (hey there's a War in Afghanistan). Then the shoulders went after a tour in Iraq.

I don't think it's age as much as mileage. All my "marginal winds" jumps are catching up to me these days too. They say all ex-paras have arthritis of the spine.

Needless to say, I've changed my workouts considerably in the last couple of years.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    4/26/2007 10:17am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by panthersix
    47 here, I was fine until 42 when I blew out my left arch training for SFAS (hey there's a War in Afghanistan). Then the shoulders went after a tour in Iraq.

I don't think it's age as much as mileage. All my "marginal winds" jumps are catching up to me these days too. They say all ex-paras have arthritis of the spine.

Needless to say, I've changed my workouts considerably in the last couple of years.
    w00rd
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast