Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/26/2007 10:38pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My brother, I've already told you what it was.

The Bicipital Groove. It runs from the shoulder down to the elbow.

:)

Quote Originally Posted by El Macho
    KP dude, you gotta try a massage therapist. I had an appo with one
    yesterday, and in less than 10 minutes, she relieved a lot of the pain in my left arm. I should have tried this a long time ago instead of trying to suck it up and/or fixing it myself. :eusa_doh

Until now, I've tried to massage my own forearms, but the pain in the arm applying the massage is very bad (.ie. if I'm massaging my left forearm, my right forearm begins to bitch in pain and viceversa). I'm still trying to do it myself, but by having someone else doing it, the massage is more effective.

Now, this is the weird thing guys. Pay attention.

Yesterday's massage also included my right shoulder blade and neck... and not only they are better but my forearms as well. I'm beginning to suspect this **** is interconnected. I **** you not!!!!

The whole day I've been doing these two stretches, for the muscles that rotate the shoulder internally and externally:

external rotators:
    http://www.exrx.net/Stretches/Infras...roomstick.html

internal rotation:
    http://www.exrx.net/Stretches/Subsca...roomstick.html

The pinching sensation I had in my back is vanishing, and I'm feeling my forearms to be getting better. Good Lord, I hope this is the beginning to fix this crap. It's been the bane of my existence for years, and it's been getting worse lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    6/21/2007 4:53pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WAAATAAAAAH!!!!

Update for anyone having similar problems. For the last 6 weeks, I've been stuffing my face with glucosamine and MSM and away from anything involving flexing the biceps - bicep curls, barbell rows, chin ups, grappling, etc. In addition, I have been going to a massage therapist every week, taking glutamine and stuff.

So, so far the pain has been mostly gone from the forearms, except for the elbows themselves (were the ulnar nerves run). KhorneliusPraxx, this is the same stuff you have on your left arm.

It got to the point where I would feel pain even by pressing my hands on the steering wheel. So finally I got to see my doc who took a look at it.

There is a lot of inflamation, for which he prescribed piroxicam (a NSAD). Apparently this thing can have lot of stupid side effects, but whatever.

I need to wear some sort of elbow brace while I sleep, and I have to find a way to keep my arms at my side while I sleep (I keep having a tendency to sleep with my arms over my head, which apparently is a big no-no.)

In addition, not only I have to stay away from anything involving the biceps (which I've been), but front squats and cleans are also out (****!). :icon_conf

Anything that can stretch/pinch the ulnar nerve over the elbow, that can hyperextend the elbow, or that causes medial rotation/tension of the arms has to be out completely. I also have to get a blood test, and an x-ray of my right hand.

So that's about it. If the piroxicam doesn't do anything in two weeks, my PCP will refer me to an orthopedic. I hope I don't have to go under the knife, but let's see. What will be, will be.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Baracknophobic

Posted On:
    6/22/2007 8:29am

supporting member
     Style: JackOAllTradesMasterONone

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just realized that my elbow hasn't been bothering me...but then again, I haven't done any exercise to aggitate it...mayby I might try to curl something today.

My wrist still scares me. My family doc gave me a shot and it isn't as 'shocking' as it was but I can tell...it just isn't right.
    Real Join Date: Nov. 2003

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert
    "Driving without blood is surprisingly difficult."

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    6/22/2007 8:58am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good to hear the elbow is not bothering anymore... just go light if you decide to curl something. Another thing that the doc recommended me was to immobilize the elbows at night - that is, to keep them as straight as possible.

I got a pair of futuro knee wraps that I use for that purpose. They work much better than elbow braces (to immobilize the elbows, that is.) The section in the knee wraps that usually go on top of the patella, that goes on the inside of the elbow joint rather than on the elbow itself. That keeps the arm straight without restricting circulation.

I look like fucking Darth Vader with them at night, but I'll post a pic later to give you an idea how I use the knee wraps. In two days of using them (in addition to the piroxicam), I've noticed a reduction in the pain and inflamation.

As for your wrist, you got to immobilize it at night, while you sleep. That's what I'm doing with my right wrist, and in two nights of doing that, it's feeling much better (I'm sure the piroxicam is helping as well.)

This is exactly the brand I'm using at night and while I work on the PC:

http://www.walgreens.com/store/produ...id=prod2566177
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Acupuncturist / Anesthesia Student

Posted On:
    6/23/2007 10:46am

Style: Mostly weights now...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Eventually I will be able to combine acupuncture with point injections (with a secret, wonderful concoction of pharmaceuticals) for injuries like this.

Makes me nips hard thinking about it.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123