Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    4/26/2007 9:15pm

Style: Boxing; Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by some random ego-tripping troll
    I have always involved myself in my classes. In one way or another. I have trained consistently 6 days a week for over 18 years. My students know I'm the real deal. I constantly learn and improve my skills and pass my innovations on to my students. I believe in sparring and executing live scenarios with my students to teach them "how". Mindy you we don't go full blast from the get go. We take it slowly at first and then gradually enhance the intensity. I am fully confident that none of my students can or will ever be able to "smoke" me. I train very hard and am always training much harder than any of my students will ever train.

So if you see your instructor get smoked. He's not a good instructor - or he has a huge ego and forgot to train and improve his skills. Blinded by rank. Belts don't mean ****. I believe in action not bullshit claims.

Yeah man. You're exactly right. My coach is a pro boxer and MMA fighter, but he loses sometimes so **** him. He sucks.
    Last edited by debul937; 4/26/2007 9:18pm at .

Now lovely Lucifer, in hell so stark
    King, and lord of sin and pride
    With some mist his wits make dark.
    He send thee grace to be thy guide

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! ************.

Graviora Manent

Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger Second Class25000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    4/27/2007 2:40am

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by IzzyDaHedgehog
    I have trouble believing your stories, but I want to so badly that I do.
    I know... when I was typing them up, I thought "no-one's gonna believe that I did this much **** to one instructor", but hey, if you knew me, and you knew the instructor: he really was that dumb, and I really am that vindictive.:eusa_danc

Graviora Manent

Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger Second Class25000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    4/27/2007 2:45am

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by vmoutlaw
    . I am fully confident that none of my students can or will ever be able to "smoke" me. I train very hard and am always training much harder than any of my students will ever train.
    So, you're either not passing on your techniques correctly, or you're not motivating your students to train enough/correctly...
    Either way, wouldn't that make you a bad teacher?

Guess which finger is the fickle one...

Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    4/27/2007 3:59am

supporting member
     Style: Karate/ Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sochin101
    So, you're either not passing on your techniques correctly, or you're not motivating your students to train enough/correctly...
    Either way, wouldn't that make you a bad teacher?

No, all his students are retards, and will never troll as well as he does.
    If you can't laugh at yourself,
    Others will be happy to do it for you. :evil6:

The 2 most abundant elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.

Didn't so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards

Posted On:
    4/27/2007 9:34am

Style: Ex-TKD, BJJ, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am fully confident that none of my students can or will ever be able to "smoke" me. I train very hard and am always training much harder than any of my students will ever train.
    "Poor is the pupil who does not surpass his master" -- Leonardo DaVinci

You need to figure out how to get better students.
    sudo make me a sandwich!

Registered Member

Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    4/27/2007 10:31am

Style: BJJ, Debate-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am fully confident that none of my students can or will ever be able to "smoke" me.
    Multiple choice:

A) You're a bad teacher.
    B) They're bad students.
    C) All of the above.

I train very hard and am always training much harder than any of my students will ever train.
    So you're incapable of inspiring in your students the kind of dedication to "Reality Based Combat" that you yourself possess? And this makes you a better instructor than mine (both of whom have lost at tournaments, in front of students)? My instructors have several core students that come in six or even seven days a week, and are as dedicated to BJJ as they are. They know how to motivate their students to get the most out of them. You, on the other hand, seem to be unable to get your students as excited as you are about what you're teaching them.

But that's not all that's wrong with your statement. What you're saying assumes that dedication and length of time spent training are the only variables. They aren't. Talent is also an incredibly important variable.

There's a kid at one of our gyms who's fourteen years old. He's thin and a little small for his age. He also just did a submission-only exhibition match at the opening of an MMA event a bunch of our classmates were fighting at. He tapped a sixteen year-old, who had several inches and nineteen pounds on him, in twenty-seven seconds with a triangle choke. When he rolls, he dominates people. He starts on offense and ever stops until you've tapped. He's a monster, unbelievably talented, much more naturally gifted than any of my classmates, and either of our head coaches.

Let me say this as clearly as I can: any instructor who doesn't turn a kid like this into the kind of player who can beat him consistently has failed.

One more step. The only way that you can insulate yourself from getting beaten by your students is to avoid sparring or to spar rarely. My instructors roll with us all the time, to the point where the law of large numbers all but requires that sooner or later they'll get tapped.

So if you see your instructor get smoked. He's not a good instructor - or he has a huge ego and forgot to train and improve his skills.
    1) The first sentence is not a complete thought. Comma, anyone?
    2) When I finally see either of my instructors get smoked by the kid I told you about before, I will be proud both of the kid and of my teachers. John Wheeler was Richard Feynman's thesis advisor: does the fact that Feynman surpassed him make Wheeler a bad physicist?
    3) Putting oneself in situations where your skills are constantly tested is the best way to guard against the inflation of ego. If you don't compete, if you never challenge yourself, you CAN'T know how good you really are. And if you can't know that, you won't improve.
    Last edited by kohadril; 4/27/2007 5:14pm at . Reason: Spelling of "Feynman"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/27/2007 10:49am

Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have always involved myself in my classes. In one way or another. I have trained consistently 6 days a week for over 18 years. My students know I'm the real deal. I constantly learn and improve my skills and pass my innovations on to my students. I believe in sparring and executing live scenarios with my students to teach them "how". Mindy you we don't go full blast from the get go. We take it slowly at first and then gradually enhance the intensity. I am fully confident that none of my students can or will ever be able to "smoke" me. I train very hard and am always training much harder than any of my students will ever train.

So if you see your instructor get smoked. He's not a good instructor - or he has a huge ego and forgot to train and improve his skills. Blinded by rank. Belts don't mean ****. I believe in action not bullshit claims.

Please tell me you live in Texas so I can sign up and become your student.

So I can make you eat your words.

also, please list your MMA record because like you, "I believe in action not bullshit claims."

Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    4/27/2007 5:00pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell
    thats ok,women dig scars.
    :idea1: can you post a picture of his face?
    I'd try to ask for a picture, but it would sound kinda gay. The closest I got is this old fighter profile from our club website.

http://scottishmuaythaicouncil.co.uk...ry-denholm.htm
    Last edited by MSphinx; 4/27/2007 5:02pm at .
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345