Page 96 of 188 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596 979899100106146 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    2/26/2010 8:04am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My money would be on he didn't like being known as Private Pyle but didn't have the moxy to shoot himself.

Ralph, you made a big mistake posting here and acting like a douche.

We love douche's, we have lots of time for douche's, especially ninjer douche's.

Oh and Ralph, I've been saving this..

This AK47 breaks and it isn't even being abused.

YouTube- AK blows up on a security-contractor in Fallujah

Nothing is infallible including your beloved soviet gat.
    Last edited by Rock Ape; 2/26/2010 8:09am at .
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/26/2010 8:18am

Style: ex-BJJ, ex-TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by adouglasmhor View Post
    Please don't call me sir, I work for a living.
    sorry, carryover from nursing school. from lowest pauper to richest millionaire is usually a 'sir' if male.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendClog View Post
    I think the draft ended in '73 or '74, but I think technically you still have to register, dunno if that means the draft is still tenable or what though.
    Ralph definitely wasn't drafted, so if he volunteered, he must have been either an immense fuckwit not to realise he was utterly unsuitable or he had some medical problem that wasn't picked up before hand. Or maybe he revealed he was a gayist.
    we cannot say if he REALLY volunteered or other circumstances forced him into it. all we know is that he spent 43 days in the military and then discharged.

Quote Originally Posted by Larus marinus View Post
    My money would be on the abject failure of his actual toughness to match up to his own perceived toughness.
    if that's the case, then why all this? he can shape up and enlist again during the 1980s right? and if his compensation is MA, why NOW all this? hell spending 1994-2001 in bjj is a good investment right? why now play bullshit games like this if one is confident of one's accomplishments?

I am NOT in a position to make a diagnosis but, damn...:cya:

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    2/26/2010 8:27am

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc View Post
    Can we focus more on the fact that Ralph just REFUSED a PERSONAL ASSESSMENT OF JUDO from MARK MOTHERFUCKING TRIPP.

I mean seriously. SERIOUSLY. He just did that.
    makes you wonder what sort of batshit claims you've gotta make around here, doesn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by baby_cart View Post
    we cannot say if he REALLY volunteered or other circumstances forced him into it. all we know is that he spent 43 days in the military and then discharged.
    i've been thinking for at least a full minute, and i can't come up with "circumstances" that would cause one to enlist that would then allow for un-enlisting 43 days later.

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    2/26/2010 8:36am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Guys, a moment....

I am not even on the same planet, let alone the ball bark of a Mike Swain, a Pat Burris, a Ron Tripp, and I can go on and on.

I have some interesting ideas; some people have been able to put them to good use. But please lets not make me more than I am....

...leave that to people like Ralph.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    2/26/2010 8:40am

Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pauli View Post
    makes you wonder what sort of batshit claims you've gotta make around here, doesn't it?

i've been thinking for at least a full minute, and i can't come up with "circumstances" that would cause one to enlist that would then allow for un-enlisting 43 days later.
    How true is it (was it?) that you can get out of the military fairly quickly if you happen to have problems controlling your bladder (or more accurately, no problem with pissing your pants or wetting the bed on purpose)? I've heard it stated before that this is one 'easy out' for people who've signed up and then changed their minds...

Posted On:
    2/26/2010 9:06am

Style: BJJ/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I seriously wonder if the Purple Belt backing by Machado was simply a case of mistaken identity on Machado's part considering that the guy whom Ralph Severe took BJJ lessons with couldn't recall what belt he was and said that the training was "on and off" when I called him.

In my opinion, I don't think that any legitimate BJJ Purple Belt would've turned down Mr. Tripp's offer.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    2/26/2010 9:11am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wouldn't be surprised to see a new video clip from Ralph bitching about nasty people on internet forums, I hope so because that would look great.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/26/2010 9:17am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Dad View Post
    I seriously wonder if the Purple Belt backing by Machado was simply a case of mistaken identity on Machado's part considering that the guy whom Ralph Severe took BJJ lessons with couldn't recall what belt he was and said that the training was "on and off" when I called him.

In my opinion, I don't think that any legitimate BJJ Purple Belt would've turned down Mr. Tripp's offer.
    Who knows and the issue should be left alone unless, you can get an admission.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/26/2010 10:17am

Style: Fitness-Fu and Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well damn it all to hell, here I was looking forward to Mark Tripp flying to Dallas to put on a judo clinic that I would given my left testicle to attend and happily driven the 8 hours for.

The whole legality thing could easily handled with waivers that were signed, witnessed and notarized.

To go even further it could be sanctioned by the TDLR as a tournament, complete with medical screenings, etc.

Someone earlier asked about the EMT thing......

I remember reading back on E-budo in 2006 when Mr Severe posted videos of the infamous matches between his guys and a JKD school.

Anyway one of the JKD guys was caught in a submission and didn't tap (idiot), so the EMT's came and carted him away. I think it was his elbow?

Reason I bring this up is b/c I am surprised Mr Severe wouldn't agree to a friendly shiai with Mark Tripp considering he had done this challenge match.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/26/2010 10:43am

Style: Itinerant Wanderer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've mostly kept out of MABS, aside from lurking, in that one more person asking for rank and whatever would not help. However, as I posted in YMAS, I am interested in meeting Mr. Severe to work with him. I have been interested since my friend's request for me to find him some legitimate ninjitsu.

I have spoken with Mr. Severe publicly, as well as privately. In all instances, I feel I have been pretty even-handed with him, and far more polite than most. I disagree with many of his techniques, and have made no effort to hide it. I disagree with him on many things, and have been blunt about it. I do not see directness and bluntness as rudeness, though some may disagree. And through it all, I have maintained that I do not wish to be a keyboard cowboy. I would rather work with him and or his students to see where their skills lie, and have never wavered from that idea.

I sent a private message to Mr. Severe via AOL, already copied onto the YMAS thread, asking to work with him when I go home to the D/FW area in March. I will post his response again, here, along with the follow-up private messages between him and myself in light of Mr. Severe's response to Mr. Tripp's offer to randori.

Quote Originally Posted by kamiyamashinobi
    visit
    Hello,
    You are more than welcome to visit us and I'm sure you will be welcomed with open arms with your statements on this forum. I wish you the best during your visit.

Good luck
    Ralph
    My response was thus:

Quote Originally Posted by Muerteds
    Thanks for a straight-forward response. All I need is a when and where. I'll keep you posted on my schedule as more becomes available.
    I didn't get any details as to the when or where for some time. Actually, I understand this as my leave situation was more nebulous then. However, after my posts in YMAS and MABS mentioning that I had been stonewalled as to places or times, I received this PM:

crack at you
    Still, no word about any training with the Urban Combative guys in Dallas.

The guys.. all 14 of them say come ahead.. enjoy your stay in Dallas and by all means everyone would love a crack at you.
    My response:

Quote Originally Posted by Muerteds
    That's excellent news. Again, working with different people is how we learn new things. I learned the details of the Jap Wizzer from a wrestler the other day who showed up to my class. Was a fun night.

Now, I still need the whens and wheres. I should be in on leave from the 15th to the 26th. I am spoken for much of that first week for camping. I am free that next week. What days would work best?
    Mr. Severe's response was less cordial, and a little more cryptically threatening this time:

we will pick somewhere very private and out of the way of any public eyes..
    I'm sure you understand..
    I'm not sure there will be any "working" with other people going on..
    It's good you are going camping first.. this way you will not have any physical problems after.. making camping a drag.
    In the interests of making a good-faith effort to keep the lines of communication open, my response was still on-topic. However, I let it be known that the oogy-boogy of veiled threats of nastiness to come weren't appreciated:

If you like. The park you normally meet at works, as well as a private gym or school. Mats are better for tachiwaza and newaza, but if ukemi is a priority, grass can work.

Just know that cryptic threats online aren't really effective. You lack the black cape to go "swoosh!" as you make a dramatic exit. Though I may disagree with your methods, conduct, and attitude, I've been pretty polite to you so far. It would be nice if you would extend the same courtesy. The last school I traveled to was so kind as to take me out and let me buy them a beer for the price of working with them. I don't know if you're a drinking man, but a Coca-cola is as good as a Budweiser after a sweat.

It's all academic without places and times.

This morning, I had these two messages in my inbox. One includes a place. The other is a less-veiled threat, along the lines of what Mr. Tripp received in his inbox.

Quote Originally Posted by kamiyamashinboi
    Re: crack at you
    Co Rd 4310, Just south of Point, just let me know when you are in and will meet us there. It takes me just 20 min to get there.
    There is no park, houses, electricity or running water.
    No, I do not drink.
    Bring your own.
    just wanted to send you this
    Hello,
    Your are known as, Muerteds here on this forum.
    I wanted to make sure I have sent you this before hand.
    This way I am covered legally.
    I'm not sure if you understand your intentions.
    I'm not into sport or playing games.
    If you wish you are more than welcome to come right out in the open and threaten me publicly.
    This would be a lot better then to beat around the bush don't you agree?
    But I feel you are stepping over the line by making forum threats at your age to a man at my age.
    What is it you wish to prove?
    What is it you wish to accomplish?
    All there would be to this outcome is someone being taken away hurt, maybe seriously.
    I would get out of the forum game playing because it is the behavior of these younger egotist fools drawing you into a law suit or physical damage to either yourself or someone else.
    To be completely point blank with you, I have no reason or desire to play games or have a sporting event with you or anyone else.
    If you wish to attack me then face the consequences of your actions.
    With all due respect,
    Ralph
    I debated whether or not I should post the place Mr. Severe wanted to meet me, in the interests of privacy. However, since a county road in the country (I Googled it, and it is rather out there) is neither his place of work, residence, or even regular practice, I decided it wouldn't violate privacy. The next letter spouting the insanity about attacks and people getting hurt is what prompted me to post all this. I have tried time and again to explain precisely what it is I want to do, and what I hope to accomplish. And yet, Mr. Severe feigns ignorance to gain some sort of moral reason to justify not working with me.

The situation is comical. If I had come to the school through its website in the beginning when I had first run across it, I wonder if he would have been so derisive and threatening. If I had said, "Sir, I'm interested in your school, I would like to come work with you to evaluate whether or not I should recommend you to my friend.", would his response have been different? Since I asked him the exact same thing through the auspices of Bullshido, I got the crazy, "I don't want to play games with anyone and your arrival constitutes an attack." spiel.

Of note, I will be showing this whole thing to real martial artists in the Dallas area. Why? For lulz, of course. I'll be training at Ruben Martin's Judo and Jujitsu in Burleson while I'm in town. Ya'll come look me up. Maybe we can do a drive out the mysterious CR 4310 for a ninja sighting.

I fully expect to get another PM from Mr. Severe along the lines of Mr. Tripp's, vilifying me for my open statements.