Page 9 of 188 First ... 56789101112131959109 ... Last
  1. #81

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    18
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere
    Acutally it is. I've always found it funny pple would thing wielding some ancient weapon as a MA but not consider that learning to use and employ a modern one is a MA too.

    On that note I want a bumper sticker that says "My DOJO is also the Firing Range!" or something to that effect.
    I think that weapons that use pysical contact like swords, clubs, shivs, and cats are MA weapons wheras guns, crossbows, lazors are not based on them being long ranged weapons not requiring physical confrontation. Not to say I don't train with guns though.

  2. #82
    Gezere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Rhineland Pfalz, Der Vaderland
    Posts
    10,579
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthor
    I think that weapons that use pysical contact like swords, clubs, shivs, and cats are MA weapons wheras guns, crossbows, lazors are not based on them being long ranged weapons not requiring physical confrontation. Not to say I don't train with guns though.
    Rather silly train of thought. Simple fact that WEAPONS used in Combat/War are MARTIAL by nature the range at which they are employed doesn't matter. Kyujutsu (Archer) and Teppojutsu (old school Japanese musket) are considered MA so why can't learning to use a Glock or Shotgun not be one MA? (Hint they are MA) Why because learning to properly use a firearm requires technical skill just like using a close range weapon.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

    RIP SOLDIER

    Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

    You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

  3. #83

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    213
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raging Monkey
    And to be honest... he probably could beat the crap out of 99% of the posters on this forum to boot. He is the exception to the rule about obese people. He is everything he shouldn't be: fast, strong, agile, etc...

    He is also a raving lunatic, but that is an entirely different story.
    That fat dude isnt fast nor agile. All his punches in the video are loopy with hands down chin up technique. Perhaps he should consider making a Dallas Sumo school.

    I still think that dude is comedy gold and would love to watch more videos of him.
    Last edited by 13ringinheat; 6/27/2008 4:45pm at .

  4. #84
    Jim_Jude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    3,555
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere
    Acutally it is. I've always found it funny pple would thing wielding some ancient weapon as a MA but not consider that learning to use and employ a modern one is a MA too.
    Me, too. I wonder how real experts like Donn Draeger would feel about comments like that. Probably the same as you & me...


    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere
    Rather silly train of thought. Simple fact that WEAPONS used in Combat/War are MARTIAL by nature the range at which they are employed doesn't matter. Kyujutsu (Archer) and Teppojutsu (old school Japanese musket) are considered MA so why can't learning to use a Glock or Shotgun not be one MA? (Hint they are MA) Why because learning to properly use a firearm requires technical skill just like using a close range weapon.
    Plus, what is the average range that most "gun battles" occur at? 7-10'.
    Last edited by Jim_Jude; 6/28/2008 4:10am at .
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

    "The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

    "Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

  5. #85

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    dallas texas
    Posts
    313
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello, I found this and felt it was pretty interesting.
    I have an open policy and don't mind answering questions.
    Feel free to ask me regarding this silly and immature thread about my personal experiences, skills, license and etc.
    Thank you,
    Ralph

  6. #86
    It is Fake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,445
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kamiyamashinobi View Post
    Hello, I found this and felt it was pretty interesting.
    I have an open policy and don't mind answering questions.
    Feel free to ask me regarding this silly and immature thread about my personal experiences, skills, license and etc.
    Thank you,
    Ralph
    Almost three years and now you respond? That's silly and immature as well.

    I doubt very strongly you "found" this thread. I believe you were informed. I culled a few posts from a sycophant a few days ago.

    Interesting that "you" suddenly show up a few days later.

  7. #87
    AMF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Dantes Inferno
    Posts
    770
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let's hear what the man has to say.

    Regardless of how he got here, at least he had the stones to man up/show up to answer any questions.

  8. #88
    It is Fake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,445
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AMF View Post
    Let's hear what the man has to say.
    You know that isn't how it works.

    Regardless of how he got here, at least he had the stones to man up/show up to answer any questions.
    Nope that happens all of the time now. If he mans up and answers questions then he has stones.

  9. #89
    AMF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Dantes Inferno
    Posts
    770
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know that isn't how it works.
    *sigh* I know


    Nope that happens all of the time now. If he mans up and answers questions then he has stones.
    Okay then:

    Mr Severe-

    Who do you claim you shodan(s) from in shotokan and sport judo as stated here on your webpage (instructors names, organizations and year you received these ranks?):

    http://www.artofcombat.com/instructors.htm

    Thank you

  10. #90

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    dallas texas
    Posts
    313
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello,
    It is true I was looking up information and I came across this because it had my name on it. I found it to be pretty silly and immature because I have a open door policy with my training and with being asked Q through e-mail, phone and letter. I believe this is well known among the martial arts community.
    This thread covers a great deal of BS and false information regarding me and the training I have done as well as do now.
    I would expect this because it is on a forum where people hide and talk trash about others.
    More or less I could care less.
    But for fun..
    I will play and joke with you on this..
    First off I will answer any Q regarding my training now or with the Bujinkan Dojo under Hatsumi sensei or with any of the members I trained with in the Bujinkan Dojo during the time I was a member in that organization in my good time. If you wish to be rude or immature with your Q I will not reply. I believe that is fair.
    You may ask a Q now.
    Thank you,
    Ralph

Page 9 of 188 First ... 56789101112131959109 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO