Posted On:
    2/23/2010 9:57am

Style: BJJ/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kamiyamashinobi View Post

Cat box.. smells..
    Then take a shower you smelly turd.

And what is the name of the trainer who allegedly awarded you your brown belt in BJJ?
    Last edited by Psycho Dad; 2/23/2010 10:06am at .

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    2/23/2010 10:07am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kamiyamashinobi View Post
    As I stated, you can ask me about .....
    1, My training today.
    2, The Bujinkan Dojo
    3, Members of the Bujinkan Dojo I trained with.

Cat box.. smells..
    Ok then, what qualifies you to teach military based skills to civilians within your school today ?
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2010 1:06pm

Style: koryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

jojutsu

Curious.

According the resume, he studied Muso Shinden Ryu jojutsu. Uh....doesn't he mean Shindo Muso Ryu? Muso Shinden Ryu is a style of iaido, not jojutsu. Muso Shiden Ryu does not have a jo curriculum and never has.

However, Muso Jikiden Eishin Ryu-which I train in BTW- is a sister school of Iaido that is very similar (but significantly different in many particulars) to Muso Shinden Ryu. At one time MJER had within its curriculum an auxiliary staff art called Itabashi Ryu bojutsu. However, it's regarded as having become extinct quite some time ago. As well, it was a "bo" art (long staff) and not a "jo" art (short staff). Techniques between short & long staff styles don't easily translate due to the simple physics of staff length.

For reference, I'd suggest consulting the widely-respected & authoritative Koryu.com database.

I'm calling BS on the jojutsu claim based simply on the face of it, unless evidence is forthcoming. I'd be satisfied with names of instructor(s) as well as their credentials.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    2/23/2010 1:25pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've studied MSR for over a decade and I asked Severe to discuss his involvement, as with all these questions, he ignored it like the hypocrite he that is.

~Ella Wheeler

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/23/2010 1:29pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MSR Iaido, HNIR Kenjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dewey View Post
    Curious.

According the resume, he studied Muso Shinden Ryu jojutsu. Uh....doesn't he mean Shindo Muso Ryu? Muso Shinden Ryu is a style of iaido, not jojutsu. Muso Shiden Ryu does not have a jo curriculum and never has.

However, Muso Jikiden Eishin Ryu-which I train in BTW- is a sister school of Iaido that is very similar (but significantly different in many particulars) to Muso Shinden Ryu. At one time MJER had within its curriculum an auxiliary staff art called Itabashi Ryu bojutsu. However, it's regarded as having become extinct quite some time ago. As well, it was a "bo" art (long staff) and not a "jo" art (short staff). Techniques between short & long staff styles don't easily translate due to the simple physics of staff length.

For reference, I'd suggest consulting the widely-respected & authoritative Koryu.com database.

I'm calling BS on the jojutsu claim based simply on the face of it, unless evidence is forthcoming. I'd be satisfied with names of instructor(s) as well as their credentials.
    I already mentioned that. I would link to the individual post but I don't know how, not to mention it was awhile ago. It was ignored mostly because these guys are more concerned with the arts he claims rank in, which I also think is more important in this case.

But if you are curious, the arts that Mr. Severe claims experiance in that don't exist or are unclear are:

Muso Shinden Ryu Jojutsu (Doesn't exist)
    Katori Shinto Ryu Bukijutsu (Doesn't exist, maybe confused with shurikenjutsu?)
    Kashima Shin-ryu Bukijutsu (Doesn't exist, maybe confused with shurikenjutsu?)

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    2/23/2010 1:42pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Buki - "weapon" in Nihongo

So he's trying to say that Katori Shinto Ryu was bukijutsu, jutsu is another word for application, method or technique (depending upon context) IE weapons technique.

No self respecting kenshi or student of those bugei would try to use the term bukijutsu because the word doesn't strictly exist in the Japanese language.

Its just another example of Ralph not really knowing what he's talking about

~Ella Wheeler

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2010 1:43pm

Style: koryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducktoes View Post
    I already mentioned that. I would link to the individual post but I don't know how, not to mention it was awhile ago. It was ignored mostly because these guys are more concerned with the arts he claims rank in, which I also think is more important in this case.

But if you are curious, the arts that Mr. Severe claims experiance in that don't exist or are unclear are:

Muso Shinden Ryu Jojutsu (Doesn't exist)
    Katori Shinto Ryu Bukijutsu (Doesn't exist, maybe confused with shurikenjutsu?)
    Kashima Shin-ryu Bukijutsu (Doesn't exist, maybe confused with shurikenjutsu?)
    Sorry. Didn't feel like scrolling through 80 some-odd pages. :lookround

Glad to know he's already been challenged before on this.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    2/23/2010 1:54pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He has and it really isn't that pertinent against the claims he's making of black belts in Judo and Karate and a senior grade in BJJ - none of which have evidence to support them.

Ralph would also like to have you believe he has some providence in teaching military skills, despite the vast internet footprint of videos showing milita based training, he can't provide us with any evidence that his claim of serving in the US Marines is what he bases his knowledge on. He's been taken to task on his military **** by two military personnel (myself included) ... He just alludes that we're just - best guessing however, I think he'll find we're a little more on the spot than he'd be comfortable with. Considering the amount of military-esk information he's previously released in to the public domain.

He's full of ****, we know it but most all he know's it; that's why he's trying to create the impression on these forums that he's playing games with us, he isn't because he's not clever enough. This thread isn't the first time people have questioned his claims and to be honest in all the research I've done, I can't find anyone who has really positive things to say about him, apart from his own sycophantic students of course.

~Ella Wheeler

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/23/2010 2:21pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MSR Iaido, HNIR Kenjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Stiglitz View Post
    Buki - "weapon" in Nihongo

So he's trying to say that Katori Shinto Ryu was bukijutsu, jutsu is another word for application, method or technique (depending upon context) IE weapons technique.

No self respecting kenshi or student of those bugei would try to use the term bukijutsu because the word doesn't strictly exist in the Japanese language.

Its just another example of Ralph not really knowing what he's talking about
    That makes a lot of sense considering a quick google search of bukijutsu resulted in bujinkan, white people larping, ninja, really sketchy club websites etc.

My friend who is way more knowledgable than he needs to be about koryu arts and has experience in Katori Shinto Ryu gave me a funny look when I mentioned bukijutsu.

Posted On:
    2/23/2010 2:22pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have been reading Mr. Severe's web site thoroughly. My apologies if this has already been brought up, but:

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.artofcombat.com/
    Ralph Severe, has been teaching military, law enforcement, security personnel and athletes woodland and urban combative martial arts in the Dallas metro-plex since 1985.
    This is advertising classes to very specific groups. This is different than saying "we offer training A, and training B." In my opinion, (and that's all it is) this is saying "we cater directly to the needs of military, law enforcement, security personnel, and athletes, and have been doing it for a while."

My mental processing is a bit slow, so can anyone help me out? Does this look like it's implying training in an official capacity? Directly to these specific groups?

Ralph Severe's Divine Mountain Tactical Training of Dallas offers a very exciting and healthy curriculum for adults who are in search of a higher level of training -- including Russian Martial Arts (Systema), Jun Fan, Panantukan, Dumog, Kali and both Traditional Japanese and Modern methods of self-protection.
    Mr. Severe, since this DIRECTLY MEETS your modified criteria for answering questions (unless you would like to modify that criteria again) related to your current training, (the web site clearly states you offer the training underlined in red above,) my question is this:

Where did you obtain rank and/or teaching certification in:
    -Jun Fan
    -Panantukan
    -Dumog
    -Kali

Since you are clearly offering training in these arts, you must have obtained instructor cert, or rank. My question is where, and from whom?
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit