Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/25/2007 11:17am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    In the context of this MABS thread yes.

The OP said he was bullshido based on specific criteria.
    1) A wrong my space page. (Which isn't 100% confirmed.)
    2) Modified Taijutsu.
    3) 40+ Styles of different Martial Arts. Of which he only claims a BB in Seven.
    4) Claims on another website that may or may not be Ralph's.

Notice no one has investigated anything except, that he was Booj. So, whether modified or not, he can teach Taijutsu.

Yet, the investigations isn't done.

No one has reported on the 6-7 BB.
    No one has confirmed the legitimacy of the two websites in question.
    No one has emailed or called Ralph Severe to get a response.
    No one has checked into the multiple style claims.
    No one has checked whether he taught seminars or actually taught the FBI(this is a quite common misrepresentation.)

Now, what may have happened is ASIA came in and laid the smack down. Asia has many many contacts so, him saying the guy isn't bullshido probably stopped any investigation.
    I emailed Ralph last night and he said that the MYSpace is definitely not his space.

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    4/25/2007 10:49pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by debul937
    Would you mind sharing with the class? Or if you've shared this before (you have been here longer than me) could you tell me where I can read this story?
    I've shared stories with people over the years over the Internet, with one of them being almost too outlandish to believe. For that story, it is unfortunate that it happened over a decade ago, and I am no longer in touch with any of the witnesses.
    I've used BBT against knives on the street and against multiple opponents. I even pulled off the dreaded Ganseki Nage in real life. Problem is, it is far from my favorite technique since I am still far from satisfied with my performance in controlled environments.
    It is my experience that BBT works best when drilled to damn near full resistance. & you can't fake it til you make it, you really have to put the work in. People see Hatsumi doing this Aikido-esque movement and they think that's the drill. NO! He put in the work, as did all of his top shihan, and so too do we need to if we want the same results. Practice BBT under resistance, even 50%, and your game will jump lightyears.
    Please don't take this as a dodge or something. I don't think that any BS story that I tell is going to convince anyone. You don't know me from Adam, and I likewise know none of you. Everyone needs to actually use what they know in real life to feel confident in their particular art. That is what is most important. It's not the art, it's the practitioner. They have to put in the hours, and quality time at that, to get the results.
    Last edited by Jim_Jude; 4/25/2007 11:12pm at .

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    4/25/2007 10:56pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That crap being said, IMO, Ralph is licensed to teach, so he teaches. He isn't fulfilling his current instructor requirements in the Booj, but he is licensed nonetheless, and Hatsumi hasn't revoked his shidoshi license.
    As for whatever else he teaches, you would have to contact those respective arts and verify Ralph's claims.
    I don't think that he's bullshido, since he teaches everything that he claims to, and he'd probably kick the **** out of anyone on this board. He has an open door policy. If you have any questions, he there for the asking.

Posted On:
    4/26/2007 10:10pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jude
    That crap being said, IMO, Ralph is licensed to teach, so he teaches. He isn't fulfilling his current instructor requirements in the Booj, but he is licensed nonetheless, and Hatsumi hasn't revoked his shidoshi license.
    As for whatever else he teaches, you would have to contact those respective arts and verify Ralph's claims.
    I don't think that he's bullshido, since he teaches everything that he claims to, and he'd probably kick the **** out of anyone on this board. He has an open door policy. If you have any questions, he there for the asking.
    Personally I would go one step further: Some people in the Bujinkan will say that Ralph has no right to say he is teaching the Bujinkan anymore since he left the organization. IMO this is a big deal. This is more than an internal conflict. What do people do if they want to teach what they learned and not call it their own style?

Here is the thing: Ralph could claim to teach his own style but he doesn't. He does what I consider a very appropriatte and mature thing, something I do as well in my own limited (compared to Ralph) teaching capacity , he cites the styles he is drawing upon in his own training. To me this is what a teacher should do.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/27/2007 3:52pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: judo, kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So what is he a professor of then?

I thought professor + Martial arts did not add up.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    4/27/2007 4:02pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm with Grandnat. You feel the urge to call Bullshido, but when you look into it, he's a guy who trains alive and fights everybody to learn how to do better.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/27/2007 4:15pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike butcher
    So what is he a professor of then?

I thought professor + Martial arts did not add up.
    Well, I don't like the use of professor but, it has nothing to do with their ability to fight or teach in some cases.

So, no it isn't an error proof test.

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    4/27/2007 11:49pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Legally, it's just a title. He can call himself whatever he wants, but like most of the old school guys running around with the title Prof, they claim that "others" call them that. Kind of like any of the spiritual leaders that have hoards of folks calling them Guru or Maharishi. They can't call themselves that, so others do it for them. Convenient.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/26/2008 12:42pm

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Dallas Ninjitsu

YouTube - youtube clip #22 Ralph Severe Dallas Ninjutsu Togakure ryu Kukishin ryu Urban Combative Training

I mean, where do I begin in pointing out the hilarity that is this video? The slow techniques? The needless roll? The fat man who almost falls over drawing his weapon? They guy who throws the ninja dust then walks right through it?

Anyway, if you're having a bad day, this will put a smile (or cringe) on your face!

Rowsdower!

Posted On:
    6/26/2008 2:33pm

Join us... or die
     Style: On Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
Page 7 of 187 FirstFirst ... 34567 8910111757107 ... LastLast