224998 Bullies, 3791 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 641 to 650 of 1871
Page 65 of 188 FirstFirst ... 15556162636465 6667686975115165 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Rock Ape is online now
    Rock Ape's Avatar

    Watch and Shoot !

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,135

    Posted On:
    2/16/2010 12:53pm

    staff
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I understood your point perfectly mate, I wasn't actually disagreeing with you, merely stating (that whilst I am aware of what you describe), Roley's comments/opinions here carry the same value as Severe's, [no more / no less] until such time Roley is called out on anything he may state. At this time Roley hasn't said anything contrary to my own opinion of Severe.

    With regard to your last statement about the two of them potentially having a motive for swiping at each other.

    I have no real interest in this although accept that it may some bearing however; let's not pre-empt something which hasn't happened.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

    ~Ella Wheeler
  2. Yoj is offline
    Yoj's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,825

    Posted On:
    2/16/2010 1:15pm


     Style: Aikijujutsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If Roley posts coherently; he wins.
  3. Dsimon3387 is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    3,079

    Posted On:
    2/16/2010 7:28pm

    Join us... or die
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Stiglitz View Post
    I understood your point perfectly mate, I wasn't actually disagreeing with you, merely stating (that whilst I am aware of what you describe), Roley's comments/opinions here carry the same value as Severe's, [no more / no less] until such time Roley is called out on anything he may state. At this time Roley hasn't said anything contrary to my own opinion of Severe.

    With regard to your last statement about the two of them potentially having a motive for swiping at each other.

    I have no real interest in this although accept that it may some bearing however; let's not pre-empt something which hasn't happened.
    Is there some reason Roley would prefer not to post on the tread? I think anecdotal information has a lot of value and there are probably some who could respond to Roley in this capacity. I cannot and have no wish too, but some of the other guys who were around the Booj might have something to say.. good or bad.
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

    The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.
  4. tgace is online now
    tgace's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    1,290

    Posted On:
    2/16/2010 7:31pm


     Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All I have to say is look at what Don said and look at Mr. Severe's behavior throughout this thread (if not the entire internet). It seems fairly accurate so far.
  5. Jim_Jude is offline
    Jim_Jude's Avatar

    Shime Waza Test Dummy

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    3,555

    Posted On:
    2/16/2010 9:01pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoj View Post
    If Roley posts coherently; he wins.
    Don is quite literate, in a couple languages.
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

    "The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

    "Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney
  6. Rock Ape is online now
    Rock Ape's Avatar

    Watch and Shoot !

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,135

    Posted On:
    2/17/2010 5:58am

    staff
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387 View Post
    Is there some reason Roley would prefer not to post on the tread? I think anecdotal information has a lot of value and there are probably some who could respond to Roley in this capacity. I cannot and have no wish too, but some of the other guys who were around the Booj might have something to say.. good or bad.
    But this thread isn't about the Booj.

    It's about one man's claims and then, just as importantly, how he's conducted himself in the face of questioning; Severe has made himself look rather silly.

    Let's strip away all that silliness (from everyone including me) and what we're left with are two unavoidable facts:

    1. Severe lied about his Judo ranking - Proven - he is not registered with any of the Judo Organisations in the US as a yudansha.

    2. Despite sending you [whatever] he wasn't prepared to validate his claims beyond those of the Booj. So sending you those documents was nothing but a poor attempt at diversion. I don't believe for a SECOND he was ever prepared to have his claims validated. He came here to jerk off and troll. What I don't doubt, is that he genuinely doesn't care what we or others think of him, that makes him IMO a rather sad an pathetic example of a supposed martial arts instructor, especially one who is known to refer the romantic notions of Bushido and what that encompasses. If that's what floats his skirt good luck to him, but ultimately he really should start living in the real world. That starts with stopping talking bollocks.

    On the page of the book I'm reading, Severe is an untrustworthy commodity of doubtful quality in some areas of his knowledge. Until such time he comes clean with regard to several aspects of this things he teaches he'll remain so, I'm sure this thread will serve as a source of information in the future as will a write-up within .org

    I'm sure with just a little effort it wouldn't be hard to find similar opinions of other martial artists on other forums, as I said earlier, Looks like.. Quacks like.. Walks like.. it's likely to be.

    At the end of the day the burden of proof always rested with Severe, he failed to deliver. Fact.
    Last edited by Rock Ape; 2/17/2010 6:03am at .
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

    ~Ella Wheeler
  7. Dsimon3387 is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    3,079

    Posted On:
    2/17/2010 4:09pm

    Join us... or die
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Stiglitz View Post
    But this thread isn't about the Booj.

    It's about one man's claims and then, just as importantly, how he's conducted himself in the face of questioning; Severe has made himself look rather silly.

    Let's strip away all that silliness (from everyone including me) and what we're left with are two unavoidable facts:

    1. Severe lied about his Judo ranking - Proven - he is not registered with any of the Judo Organisations in the US as a yudansha.

    2. Despite sending you [whatever] he wasn't prepared to validate his claims beyond those of the Booj. So sending you those documents was nothing but a poor attempt at diversion. I don't believe for a SECOND he was ever prepared to have his claims validated. He came here to jerk off and troll. What I don't doubt, is that he genuinely doesn't care what we or others think of him, that makes him IMO a rather sad an pathetic example of a supposed martial arts instructor, especially one who is known to refer the romantic notions of Bushido and what that encompasses. If that's what floats his skirt good luck to him, but ultimately he really should start living in the real world. That starts with stopping talking bollocks.

    On the page of the book I'm reading, Severe is an untrustworthy commodity of doubtful quality in some areas of his knowledge. Until such time he comes clean with regard to several aspects of this things he teaches he'll remain so, I'm sure this thread will serve as a source of information in the future as will a write-up within .org

    I'm sure with just a little effort it wouldn't be hard to find similar opinions of other martial artists on other forums, as I said earlier, Looks like.. Quacks like.. Walks like.. it's likely to be.

    At the end of the day the burden of proof always rested with Severe, he failed to deliver. Fact.

    This is a good post Dave. I have a few questions and a few comments. I do not dispute that Ralph has decided to act silly. I might do the same thing under some circumstances but probably sans the photos!

    My first question would be: Why is there any investigation if Ralph does not teach commercially? What is it about his claims of experience that precipitated this?

    Many of you feel as though the military stuff was a diversion and there is some certainty that the Brazilian Jiu Jitsu was trained in, so lets leave that by the wayside for now.

    Are all people who are ranked in Judo formally ranked in the Kodokan? I have no dispute that quality control being a good thing, that a Kodokan ranking is a good thing.

    " (see above) " are all people ranked in Judo ranked by one of the three organizations spoken of by M Tripp? My understanding could be flawed but I know that in Shotokan karate for example you can be ranked by the JKA but some people are very good and not ranked by any umbrella organization. Is this the same for Judo? Or is it a fact that to have a rank in Judo is to be sanctioned by one of these big three? Because I know people who are ranked in Judo who are not. Maybe that is a serious problem for them or maybe there are caveats to this system? I know what has been said on this thread... namely that people do give out rank ocassionally and that there issues with this rank. But is it hypothetically possible to get rank in Judo without these organizations?



    Lets deal with these questions first.
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

    The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.
  8. Cy Q. Faunce is offline
    Cy Q. Faunce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    3,577

    Posted On:
    2/17/2010 4:19pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387 View Post
    My first question would be: Why is there any investigation if Ralph does not teach commercially?
    Why would an investigation hinge on that question?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387 View Post
    Are all people who are ranked in Judo formally ranked in the Kodokan?
    No. They are ranked by an organization which is recognized by the IJF as the NGB for their nation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387 View Post
    are all people ranked in Judo ranked by one of the three organizations spoken of by M Tripp?
    In the United States, yes, they are. Those are the only three organizations recognized by the IJF.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387 View Post
    Because I know people who are ranked in Judo who are not.
    If they are teaching in the US, then they do not hold legitimate judo rank. Who are they?

    More importantly, it is up to Ralph to provide his credentials, not to us to disprove them. If he makes a claim, he should back it up. That we disproved this one claim does not let him off the hook on the others.
  9. Rock Ape is online now
    Rock Ape's Avatar

    Watch and Shoot !

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,135

    Posted On:
    2/17/2010 4:21pm

    staff
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok mate.. this is me acknowledging your post however, I haven't time just this minute to address your questions fully so let me come back to you tomorrow.

    With regards to those questions you have concerning Judo in the US, you'd be better PM'ng MTrip directly as he's the man with the can.


    Finally, before I zip off, is there anything remotely you can provide us (me) concerning the documentation Ralph sent you that won't break his confidence ?

    An example being : was the certification (all or part) for his LE qualifications provided by his LEO student ?
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

    ~Ella Wheeler
  10. Dsimon3387 is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    3,079

    Posted On:
    2/17/2010 4:43pm

    Join us... or die
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce View Post
    Why would an investigation hinge on that question?


    No. They are ranked by an organization which is recognized by the IJF as the NGB for their nation.


    In the United States, yes, they are. Those are the only three organizations recognized by the IJF.


    If they are teaching in the US, then they do not hold legitimate judo rank. Who are they?

    More importantly, it is up to Ralph to provide his credentials, not to us to disprove them. If he makes a claim, he should back it up. That we disproved this one claim does not let him off the hook on the others.

    What about Porter and his ranks?

    I am not trying to "off hook" anyone I am trying to clarify a few details...
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

    The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.