Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/15/2010 8:16pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tgace View Post
    Just some more anecdotal stuff.

I have "blogosphere" contact with a Bujinkan practitioner named Donald Roley who resides in Japan. According to Don, what we see here from Mr. Severe appears to be par for the course whenever he is questioned about his claims.

I post this with Don's express permission. Actually, he requested that I do so:

So Ralph... are you now, or were you ever a "Police Officer"?
    Mr Roley has a few axes to grind... be careful about the validity of things coming from him. I am not saying he is not potentially credible I am saying that he has battled more than a few fringe members of the Booj and has some rather strong views about people, training and the role of policing in the Booj. I would at the very least qualify the information you got from him and make sure that it isn't simply a way to take a swipe at a guy who most orthodox Boojers would love to take a swipe at with no risk or reprecussion

having said that he does have good knowledge of other things like what is happening in Japan and the issues related to the Booj and Koryu.
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

Posted On:
    2/15/2010 8:23pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We'll know soon enough about the character of Ralph's service. FOIA is a wonderful thing.

Anything you want to tell us before your records come in, Ralph? It mightn't be long; I sent for them practically as soon as the thread started. Your charge sheet helped me to identify you sufficiently to get them. Thanks for that.

Anyway, if there's any bullshit in your story, this would be a wonderful time to admit same. Better before than after, know what I mean?

Posted On:
    2/15/2010 10:07pm

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387 View Post
    Mr Roley has a few axes to grind... be careful about the validity of things coming from him.
    You may very well be right. But what he said seems eerily accurate considering what I have seen so far.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/15/2010 11:29pm

Style: Karate-knockdown, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cy brought up the FOIA and getting Severe's records, so I have a question regarding the claims he has made about being a LEO or LEO insructor. If it proves that he has falsified his records, is he able to be prosecuted for impersonating an officer? Even if he states that he is not currently an LEO?

Please help me understand this.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    2/15/2010 11:38pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You may very well be right. But what he said seems eerily accurate considering what I have seen so far.
    ...And I heard quite the same from German BBT people.

I can rely on "expert" opinions on this, from people who have directly trained with Hatsumi, like Mr Severe.

Posted On:
    2/15/2010 11:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by searcher66071 View Post
    Cy brought up the FOIA and getting Severe's records, so I have a question regarding the claims he has made about being a LEO or LEO insructor. If it proves that he has falsified his records, is he able to be prosecuted for impersonating an officer? Even if he states that he is not currently an LEO?

Please help me understand this.

That really has to do with what state law you are talking about. Most of the time you need to be acting as a police officer (as in "step out of the car sir you are under arrest") in the performance of police duties to be charged with impersonating.

And in the State of Texas it looks like certified security officers are "peace officers" which qualify as "Law Enforcement Officer". Corrections Officers, Fire Marshals and even officials as varied as gambling and housing officers can be classified as "Peace Officers" in some states, but they are not "Police Officers". As state law can vary and I am not an expert in other state laws please take that as an "educated guess".

This is sort of shaping up to look like a case of overstatement rather than an outright case of impersonation so far...at least with the LE stuff as far as I can determine.

The weapon certs that he claims as POST certified are difficult to decode because the acronyms he uses are unfamiliar to me and are not even "googleable". Most searches come right back to this thread.

The Martial Arts ranks are an entirely different animal that I will leave to more experienced folks.

PS- I have to add, that with all the other "Horn Blowing" on Mr. Severe's site; street fight experience, BB's in multiple arts, listing of "POST Certifications", "trained the FBI", and on and on.....I find it sort of telling that he DOESN'T outright claim or tout a detailed explanation of military or LE service. It seems strangely absent when so much else is displayed. The truth should prove interesting, or shocking if proven to exist.
    Last edited by tgace; 2/15/2010 11:58pm at .

Posted On:
    2/16/2010 3:07am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And in the State of Texas it looks like certified security officers are "peace officers" which qualify as "Law Enforcement Officer".
    I think you might have gotten this impression from the fact that the Texas Department of Public Safety handles the licensure of commissioned security officers. In reality, private security officers are not peace officers / law enforcement officers; what happened was that the independent bureau that used to be in charge of licensing security officers was taken under the wing of the DPS.

The entity that handles the licensure of peace officers / law enforcement officers, "public security officers" (i.e., security officers directly employed by governmental agencies), jailers, and the like is TCLEOSE

Posted On:
    2/16/2010 5:45am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckofDeath View Post
    I think you might have gotten this impression from the fact that the Texas Department of Public Safety handles the licensure of commissioned security officers. In reality, private security officers are not peace officers / law enforcement officers; what happened was that the independent bureau that used to be in charge of licensing security officers was taken under the wing of the DPS.

The entity that handles the licensure of peace officers / law enforcement officers, "public security officers" (i.e., security officers directly employed by governmental agencies), jailers, and the like is TCLEOSE
    Thank You.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    2/16/2010 8:12am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387 View Post
    Mr Roley has a few axes to grind... be careful about the validity of things coming from him.
    And with respect mate, the EXACT SAME can be said of Severe so in my book, Roley has just as much credibility. I'm quite happy to hear what he has to say.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Posted On:
    2/16/2010 12:35pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Stiglitz View Post
    And with respect mate, the EXACT SAME can be said of Severe so in my book, Roley has just as much credibility. I'm quite happy to hear what he has to say.
    Read the post again Dave. I made a point to say that Mr Roley should not be dismissed. Just be aware of the context thats all. There is a history of antipathy between these two... Both of them are outspoken, etc. Lets put it this way you have some guys who are very conscious of enforcement issues in the Booj and take it upon themselves to act on these issues... its not a bad thing or a good thing just actions... and you have some guys who push the limits, do not respect the party line of the Booj, etc. They are on oppisite sides of the fence and that would be the relationship between these two:

Who is right? who is wrong? who knows? who cares? they both are part of the Booj Cosmology. Just know that there are motivations for these two to take a free swipe at the other!
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.