Page 63 of 188 FirstFirst ... 13535960616263 6465666773113163 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/15/2010 2:33pm

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    Was this ever answered and could this be related to the "NQ" rating?
    I wouldn't want to hazard a guess on that without some sort of proof. I would also suggest not doing anything regarding contacting Mr Severe's employer or Mr Severe personally regarding public records information as that could be considered harassment.

Posted On:
    2/15/2010 2:37pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seconded on the above. Especially regarding the case. That has no relation to Mr. Severe's credibility, or the questions raised here.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    2/15/2010 2:38pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tgace View Post
    ... that could be considered harassment.
    You just want to spoil all my fun.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Posted On:
    2/15/2010 2:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Stiglitz View Post
    You just want to spoil all my fun.
    I'm trying hard to maintain some form of professional decorum. It can be tough.

;)

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    2/15/2010 2:53pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ..I suppose one of us has too.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Posted On:
    2/15/2010 3:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Stiglitz View Post
    LOL.. that's a good find, I didn't realise that sort of information was freely available.
    In the US. Almost all states have a public database for verifying professional licensing. Security Guards are generally termed "peace officers" and not "police officers". Police Officers in many states are considered sworn members of gvt and thus not "licensed" per se., and they usually carry some form of authority even off-duty or outside their immediate jurisdiction. I have the authority to use my "police powers" (in defined circumstances) and carry a weapon throughout my entire state.

"Peace Officers" typically only have authority while at work and/or within the limits of their employment.

All states differ so mileage may vary but that's the condensed version.

Security Guards usually require licensing and thus can often be found in a public database. The intent is so that employers can verify licensing status.

Posted On:
    2/15/2010 3:44pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Question, sorry it's not about the Bujinkan, but it's interesting:

If you have a BJJ brown belt (or at least a purple as confirmed by Machado) why isn't that advertised on your webpage along with the other ranks?

A purple in BJJ is the beginning of teaching ranks and roughly equivalent to a shodan/nidan in JMA and you've got 5-6 of those listed.

Even though you don't value rank/belts you've got the other ones listed up there, so why didn't you include a rank that's actually a lot more attractive to prospective students?

Posted On:
    2/15/2010 3:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kamiyamashinobi View Post
    How immature..
    It's a forum.. not real life..
    And in real life credentials matter. Its the same for everyone else except you. I'm sure this thread will have consequences in your "real life".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/15/2010 5:30pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kamiyamashinobi View Post
    Cy Q. F, no no.. you should call and get what you need to feel good about yourself.. this way the other BS that has been given to show I have license in LE and Security as well as military service and etc.. is true you will not feel so whipped..
    Go for it.

Yes, I was training with Mr Allen before he was a black belt in BJJ (but a black belt in Kenpo) and right after he got his BLACK BELT. from Mr Jacare. I do not know Mr Jacare. I believe Mr JD Shelley also got the ranking under the same man in town which JD was a student of mine for many years.

Ralph
    Ralph,

No offense, but I suggest to you that you at least take some courses in writing English. The above post is so grammatically flawed, that I may have misinterpreted your meaning here. Please clarify, or correct me if needed.

I'm assuming you meant that you trained JD. -

JD does not list you as being his instructor in anything specific, but he is somewhat vague on his website about his own lineage in anything other than BJJ anyway. What did you train him in, and for how long please?

I find this information valuable to this post, as the subject is based on claims that you have made concerning your experiences as an instructor. I believe that anyone that you make reference to has the right to know and confirm/deny the aforementioned claims that you have made.

I ask because, ironically, I have been considering signing up at JD's school for BJJ. I live no more than 6 minutes away from his school, and have spoken with him a few times in my travels around Dallas looking for quality grappling instruction.

Thanks in advance for your response.

-Tex
    Last edited by Tex; 2/15/2010 5:33pm at . Reason: Edit: Tag - JD Shelley

Posted On:
    2/15/2010 5:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just some more anecdotal stuff.

I have "blogosphere" contact with a Bujinkan practitioner named Donald Roley who resides in Japan. According to Don, what we see here from Mr. Severe appears to be par for the course whenever he is questioned about his claims.

I post this with Don's express permission. Actually, he requested that I do so:

My honest advice is to treat any claim by Ralph as a lie until he proves it. Nine times out of 10 he will find some excuse to not back up his claims. After all the lies he has been caught in, it only makes sense.

I do believe that he is a security guard and not a LEO. If he wants to make the claim that he is one, place the burden of proof on him. If he makes excuses, call him on it and say that as far as you are concerned he is not a LEO until he is willing to show some sort of proof. Be prepared for screaming, yelling, off topic attacks and challenges of various sorts.

Good luck.

Don
    So Ralph... are you now, or were you ever a "Police Officer"?
    Last edited by tgace; 2/15/2010 6:04pm at .