Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/12/2010 8:16pm

Style: Japanese Russian American

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Correct.
    I have completely declined to have my papers or give out anymore personal information on myself or any instructors name or numbers.
    This includes on what I ate today too.

Your observations of these clips are somewhat off.
    Not a very good "eye" for detail I would assume.
    I understand these types of clips can be very misleading too. But I believe we have already been over this before on this thread.

Thank you,
    Ralph
    Last edited by kamiyamashinobi; 2/12/2010 8:19pm at .

Posted On:
    2/12/2010 8:23pm

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh. I do notice the jacket behind you being in some shots and not in others. And I see that the vehicle moves between some vids but the general location visible outside the window appears to be the same. Could have been shot all in one night. I haven't really done more than watch 1 or 4 of them.

And I'm assuming you don't patrol because you seem to be able to spend quite a bit of time filming videos while on the clock.

Edit: I did find a few in this series where Mr. Severe is wearing a different colored shoulder tab, so I guess that he has been filming these self-interviews over time.
    Last edited by tgace; 2/12/2010 8:31pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2010 4:19am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph
    raylawley. great opinion.
    I believe if you read through a few of my post you will find I could care less about anyone's opinion.
    The major point I would like to pass on to you so you could relax and have a better day is.. your conclusions based on this forum are not as important has your opinion to me.
    You can come to a better, clearer opinion and conclusion once you ponder this post.. ok.
    Thanks,
    Ralph
    Ralph, you are not being truthful with us here. You came onto this website full of righteous indignation that anyone should question you when one of your students or someone you know found this thread and performed necromancy upon it. You DO care. Otherwise you would not be here.

Why are we still here? Because we post here on a variety of issues, one of which is people "padding their resumes" or outright lying about qualifications they have claimed. Currently, since you refuse to answer any questions on the topic, that is what many here think you are doing.

You're trying to divide everyone's questions into "your training today, Bujinkan dojo or people there" and "BS trash talking." But that's not the way it works and you know it.

If I were to ask you, as many have, about your Judo ranking that would not be trash talking. To question industry-relation qualification claims which you have attached to an advertisement for your services is not disrespect. It is the perfect right of any potential consumer, which for all you know, I am.

You are the one who has been disrespectful by making all sorts of untrue claims and branding everyone here as "trash-talkers." You have been very disrespectful to us Ralph.

So once again, are you going to leave us with your righteous indignation, lack of respect and suspicious resume or are you going to answer some very simple and polite questions which have been put to you multiple times.

Consider your response carefully Ralph, and remember that by letting your ego get in the way of quickly and easily sorting this out you are simply making a bad image for yourself on the largest martial arts forum in the world.

Posted On:
    2/13/2010 4:37am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Third party data from another internet forum but I think it's a good lead.

http://www.brazilianjiujitsugear.com...hp/t-2415.html

batsugan 04-02-2008, 10:10 AM

Well I just got off the phone with sensei Rick (I think he meant Ralph) Severe. I can tell you the guy is full of **** as far as his judo and jj belts are concerned. He told me he earned the belts in Japan. When I asked him when and under whom he didn't answer with any semblance of a logical answer. He said they belts were given by a private master in Japan that picked his students. When asked how long he studied with this so called master, he said about 3 months. So the master was able to teach him all the knowledge of ne waza (ground fighting) in 3 months. Well I'm going back to my original statement that these dojos are full of jackassery, lies and a balding overweight sensei, who at the very least is a 2nd degree black belt bullshittery. If you give this doofus or any of his affilliates money in the hopes of learning any ground skills you're throwing it away. You would think in this day and age of information easy to obtain the snake oil salesmen would think twice before trying to scam.
    If anybody is a member of that forum, this guy may be worth a PM.
    Last edited by tgace; 2/13/2010 4:50am at .

Posted On:
    2/13/2010 6:28am

Style: Aikijujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    'Sport' judo in Japan? Or did the 'sport' get appended after deciding that shodan from japan might be pushing it a bit/comically silly?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2010 11:02am

Style: Generic MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ralph said that most streetfights involve weapons. 300 streetfights worth of experience? Ralph, you're straight up full of crap and know less than even an average ninja on this & just proved it. If even half of those alleged streetfights involved weapons there would be deaths, hospitalizations galore & tons of arrests. Even 300 regular streetfights (& no, most never involve weapons) would net you plenty of legal attention. Shelve this BS next to the Sport Judo black belt.
    Last edited by jeffphansen77; 2/13/2010 11:14am at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/13/2010 1:15pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: muay thai/SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tgace View Post
    Third party data from another internet forum but I think it's a good lead.

http://www.brazilianjiujitsugear.com...hp/t-2415.html

If anybody is a member of that forum, this guy may be worth a PM.
    "Shonuff07-08-2008, 04:02 PMI have known Ralph Severe for 16 years now...I would highly recommend against attending his academy. I don't want to slander anyone publically, but if you need specific info feel free to PM me." someone should check him/her out too........nevermind
    Last edited by joe adonis; 2/13/2010 1:28pm at .

Posted On:
    2/13/2010 4:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Side Q Mr. Severe.

I see on your website that you teach/claim experience in "Rappelling, Rope and Rigging" for your "Urban Combative Training". While I am a tad rusty, I was a 5.6-5.7 level Trad Climber back in my prime and have some training/experience in ropecraft myself (60% self-taught-40% taught by experienced climbers). What sort of rappelling system do you teach to your students?

Do you use a biner wrap? A figure 8? Maybe a belay device like a GriGri or an ATC? I prefer static rope for rappelling but when I was climbing I really only had dynamic rope. There wasn't any rational point in humping a separate rope for a downclimb/rapp. Whats your opinion on rigging self-equalizing anchors? I always liked them but there are some schools of thought that think they really have no advantage over single point attachments.

I also used to be a pretty handy ascender too. Just with prussik systems though. Doing trad climbing I never saw the need to spend the $$ on mechanical ascenders.

Where in Texas do you guys practice your rappelling?
    Last edited by tgace; 2/13/2010 4:47pm at .

Posted On:
    2/13/2010 5:26pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kamiyamashinobi View Post
    Here are a few rankings that mean little to nothing I have worked for and received, take your time and sort these out.

State of New Mexico
    GSPTA

• Advanced Instructor Law Enforcement AK Semi Auto Rifle
    • Advanced Instructor Law Enforcement Knife Defense
    • Advanced Instructor Law Enforcement CQC - Building Search Tactics
    • Advanced Instructor Law Enforcement Flashlight Defensive Tactics
    • Advanced Instructor Law Enforcement Weaponless Physical Control Tactics
    • Advanced Instructor Law Enforcement Stick Defense
    • Advanced Instructor Law Enforcement Pump and Semi Auto Shotgun
    • Advanced Instructor Law Enforcement Semi Auto Pistol 9mm .40 .45
    • Advanced Instructor Law Enforcement AR-15 Semi Auto Rifle

Thank you,
    Ralph
    What does GSPTA stand for Mr. Severe?

Posted On:
    2/13/2010 10:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow. I've never been a "sidekick" before.

Let me get your cape Hugo.

Still wonder what GSPTA stands for. I've never heard the acronym before and a google of "GSPTA police" or "GSPTA training" has this thread as it's top return.