Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/10/2010 10:09pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff C. View Post
    BJJ brown belts have a black panel for the stripes
    Perhaps he mistook the panel for a stripe.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2010 1:30am

Style: Japanese Russian American

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Stephen Hall who stated that he was one of Mr. Mohler's blackbelts. I asked him about Ralph Severe and he stated that he "Remember a Ralph Severe training with them years ago and that guy was a monster" he remembered Ralph as a purple belt.

The problem with this is, I never wore any keikogi at Mr Mohler's BJJ (or Mr CM) academy during my training. Meaning I would not have a obi around my rather fat, large and obese waist line of 44 inches. I was not involved with the classes during the time there very much that did wear keikogi during training, most of my training was in the open or vale tudo training. I wore spandex short or long pants spandex bangle tiger striped, babe blue, red or black.. on my rather large ass and legs which are fat.. and sambo or shoot boots with a t-shirt.. and at times had shooto shin-instep guards on my rather fat 19 inch calf. Never the less being 330 pounds did seem somewhat HUGE to the smaller 150 to 300 pound guys I trXXXXshed.
    Fact is.. as I have stated.. have photos, friends who I trained with at class and video tape to show my training from around 1994 to 2001or 2002 with the BJJ classes.
    Now does it matter what I was ranked at, I was NEVER or anyone else I knew during the time I was there ever given any papers to show what we were ranked at. I started training with Mr Allen way before he got his shodan or black belt.
    No, it was that I was fat.. I looked good in spandex.. that is the point.
    A few years later.. around 2006 I returned to Mr Allen's to train Thai boxing with George for 4 months till I was hurt and stopped.
    Thank you,
    Ralph

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2010 1:37am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't understand the hesitation.

Correct me if I am wrong here but I have already stated my reasons. If you do not understand the reason stated clearly and openly here on this forum then just drop it and move on because I don't know how to make it any clearer.
    It is not that I am avoiding the Q it is because I do not wish to answer the Q regarding ranking. The ranking doesn't matter to me.
    Get it?
    So.. if not I am sorry.
    I do not teach these systems so the rank is in my past.. gone.. it is HISTORY.
    What matters to me is.. ""doing"".
    Thank you,
    Ralph

Posted On:
    2/11/2010 1:42am

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Then why advertise -- er, announce -- er, publish...oh, to hell with it.

Why list the ranks in such detail on your school's website?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2010 1:46am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I read on a German BBT board that Mr Severe's BBT is generally looked at as inferior by other ninjas, because of its heavy emphasis on striking.

First off I truly have reservations on calling them ninja.
    You would have to first be skilled in ninjutsu to be called a ninja..
    Regarding your statement here..
    No, I was know for my throwing human bodies all over the place.. and rokushakubo..
    If you have viewed my TenChiJin DVD on the base of the Bujinkan you will see the points are pretty clear on what I was known for.
    If you view that then you will know it was pretty Japanese based striking because.. it was a Japanese system, not Thai boxing.
    This is clear if you watch my youtube clip on the makiwara training which shows the training of the Koto Ryu koppojutsu.. very public clips too.. right there in the open to watch.
    With the rokushakubo I was considered a "wizard" by the senior members of the Bujinkan for my skills with the rokushakubo.

I don't mind your opinion of how you might view my STAND-UP skills.
    I find this to be pretty funny.
    Who cares?
    Opinions of others are kind of silly.
    Watching someone and feeling their energy is totally different.
    The last mouth behind a computer talked trash too.. a JKD badass to me.. well.. it is public knowledge what happen.
    I didn't even have to hit him to submit him peacefully and with a compassion heart.
    Love has a way..
    Thank you,
    Ralph

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2010 1:48am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Well I would answer that for the fourth or fifth time but you and I have already went through this game..
    So why are you asking again?
    Thank you,
    Ralph

Posted On:
    2/11/2010 1:53am

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kamiyamashinobi View Post

Well I would answer that for the fourth or fifth time but you and I have already went through this game..
    So why are you asking again?
    Thank you,
    Ralph
    I don't recall asking why you listed them if they're unimportant...but if I did, what was your answer? If you didn't answer it, well, the question remains. If you did, I forgot; it happens.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2010 1:56am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if you spent time in bjj, you know that most of the people's skills corresponds with their belt. if you are a brown belt getting tapped silly by blue belts then you shouldn't be a brown belt. THE MAT IS THE TESTING GROUND.

The facts are this, I tapped out many senior ranked people in the BJJ classes at will.
    I also got tapped out.
    I believe you misunderstand a nice playful game of BJJ to a hardcore "less do this".
    Being a rather large fat obese guy.. I felt it was very kind of me to allow others to play with me without the fair of being trashed all the time. More or less I'm a pretty nice cat.
    The same is true with kicking someone.. you can be playful and goof off and get hit a lot.. even beaten up..
    This is not confused with being in a fight or having intention of harming others.
    I do not feel Mr Allen was going to allow me to hurt or be hurt during training.
    Not good for business, his business.
    May I add, please don't confuse my fat obese over weight, large and well rolly-polly body deceive you..
    I have went to the post enough to understand what THE MAT IS THE TESTING GROUND is not.. being in the broken concrete, duff, rocks, water, back seat or a car, etc.. is the proving ground for survival.
    Thank you,
    Ralph

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2010 1:58am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't recall asking why you listed them if they're unimportant...but if I did, what was your answer? If you didn't answer it, well, the question remains. If you did, I forgot; it happens.

I would rather have you look this up through this maze of post.
    Sorry, but I am not interested.Thank you,
    Ralph

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2010 2:04am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so why should we spent time on discussing bujinkan history, politics and figures? it doesn't matter most of us bullshido.net members anyway.

I understand this and it is clear.
    But I would not put every member that is or was in the Bujinkan as a whole.
    There are many people who are extremely gifted and skilled at screwing up the human body in or was in the Bujinkan Dojo.
    To be perfectly clear I am not interested in the politics or talking about the politics of the Bujinkan Dojo organization.
    There are thing outside the Bujikan Dojo organization that are interesting and worthy of study for those interested in living skills and survival skills.
    Take it or leave it.
    I believe my opinions on the Bujikan Dojo are public and have been openly talked about for many years, say about the last 20 years.
    But I get your driff. The Bujikan Dojo as a whole sucks.
    Thank you,
    Ralph