Page 53 of 188 FirstFirst ... 3434950515253 5455565763103153 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/10/2010 6:01pm

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Stiglitz View Post
    And more to the point, just because you sit through a course, doesn't entitle you to then pass that information on, especially if that information is in exchange for monetary recompense.

There's a difference between "Qualification" and "Authority"

Qualification - That you meet a particular standard in say a skill set

Authority - Duly authorised to teach or instruct, often known as a licence

Often the term "I am qualified" to teach or instruct is used and it's perfectly acceptable however, teaching or instructing something without authority to do so is entrily wrong:

Example.. I'm a "Qualified" team medic I've spent a considerable amount of time learning those life-saving skills, but I'm not "Qualified" to teach it to others and I think this is the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambiguity of much of what I read about Severe.
    Yup. That's exactly what I think is going on here.

I could say "I graduated the Erie County Basic Police Academy"...or I could list; Basic Law-16 hrs, Handcuffing techniques-8 hrs, Criminal Investigations-16 hrs...and so on. Which looks more impressive on a trumped up martial arts resume? Of course after all that training I was still just a wet behind the ears rookie.

Every cop could list an impressive resume using that technique, so what? The only reason to list things that way is to impress others, or to inflate your own ego.

If he was an MP in the USMC and listed every course subject and every block of instruction from Boot Camp through Advanced Schools you get a list similar to what he posted. But in reality, after all that training, all you get is a raw "boot".

Every recruit ever enlisted into the service could compile a resume like that...so what? Same as above.

If this is the case, Ralph is far from the only martial arts salesman out there to use THAT technique. I have read recently that Jim Wagner is believed to have done pretty much the same thing.
    Last edited by tgace; 2/10/2010 6:39pm at .

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    2/10/2010 6:21pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Having not received a return email from Mr. Mohler I contacted the school and spoke with a Stephen Hall who stated that he was one of Mr. Mohler's blackbelts. I asked him about Ralph Severe and he stated that he "Remember a Ralph Severe training with them years ago and that guy was a monster" he remembered Ralph as a purple belt, but stated that he couldn't remember for sure. He took a message for me and said that he would pass it on to Mr. Mohler.

My impression of Mr. Hall was that he was barely repressing laughter while speaking to me. I have nothing concrete to go on with this, but I feel that Mr. Severe may have effectively poisoned this source of verification.

However I don't believe that Mr. Hall was lying. I only believe that his statement about Mr. Severe being "a monster" might have been hyperbole meant to mess with the people inquiring about him due to Mr. Severe's previous contact with them regarding our verification attempts.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    2/10/2010 6:30pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    More trash task from the LIAR
    You said she broke his dick its there in black white
    "honourable "honorbale" who gives a S
    You are a nothing and a nothing and I have nothing more to say unless
    you have a Q about ninjajitsu
    Thank you
    Dave
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Posted On:
    2/10/2010 6:45pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, cease your shenanigans people! The adults are back in the room.

Spoke with Mr. Mohler and with Carlos Machado whom Mr. Severe also trained with. Neither of them remember the exact rank that Mr. Severe had when he stopped training with them, however I did get independent confirmation that he was at least a Purple belt at some point during his training at both schools.

Both Mr. Machado and Mr. Mohler remarked on how stupidly gigantic Mr. Severe is as well. Apparently he's a big guy...

With this in mind I think it is entirely possible that his Brown Belt is a legitimate rank. Either that or his rank inflation has been done very cleverly since neither of those schools kept track of student ranks before Black Belt very well in the early 2000s.

Of course, this entire matter could have been handled in about 4 posts if Mr. Severe had bothered to post a copy of the certificates he would have received from either instructor.

Conclusion: Mr. Severe is at least a purple belt under Mr. Mohler and Carlos Machado.

Posted On:
    2/10/2010 6:48pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks Kitanon.
    It's a shame that it took this long to find out something so simple. Could indeed have been solved in 4 posts had Mr. Severe simply answered.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/10/2010 7:22pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    Both Mr. Machado and Mr. Mohler remarked on how stupidly gigantic Mr. Severe is as well. Apparently he's a big guy...
    Put this and the "monster" comment you got earlier together and ask if it is possible that they are trolling us and that it is made up?

Cy said something : "poisoning the well"
    It is probably what happen here.

Posted On:
    2/10/2010 7:26pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I find it highly unlikely that Carlos Machado would be involved in trolling some internet website for some guy. I verified the number I have is indeed Mr. Machado's school and I spoke directly to Carlos himself.
    After my discussion with Mr. Mohler I don't believe he was providing false or misleading information either. And from pictures I've found on the web of Mr. Severe he does indeed look like a big guy.

I do not believe that Mr. Mohler and Mr. Machado are in cahoots with Mr. Severe to mess with Bullshido.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    2/10/2010 7:36pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why should they, BTW?

This page is doing their business more than a little service.

HOWEVER, which is what noone has mentioned so far, if Mr Severe is indeed 9th dan in BBT, he may well be a good ground fighter. When I trained BBT, they had groundfighting.

Not as good as BJJ, but certainly a base for further grappling sports.
    I think it is completely possible that this led him up to purple.

However, I don't doubt that Mr Severe might be a good ringer. It's the stanf up arts he claims that I would demand proof for, because the videos we have seen are not showing someone who has trained several kicking sports to a mastery level.

I read on a German BBT board that Mr Severe's BBT is generally looked at as inferior by other ninjas, because of its heavy emphasis on striking. ("Like Muay Thai.")

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/10/2010 9:13pm

Style: Ju-Jitsu/BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a question about this:

"Originally Posted by kamiyamashinobi
    ...I am not license to teach BJJ I only got to brown belt with black stripe..
    Ralph"

I've never seen a BJJ belt with a black stripe, especially since BJJ brown belts have a black panel for the stripes. Even for those who don't use paneled belts, all of the stripes I have seen have been white too. Has anybody seen any BJJ belt with any black stripes - other than a BJJ white belt? Just curious.

Jeff Cook

Here, hold these for me.

Posted On:
    2/10/2010 9:44pm

Join us... or die
     Style: jkd concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kamiyamashinobi View Post
    Rude,
    Thanks but no thanks,
    Ralph
    No. I asked very politely. Had I said "Listen you fat f-cktard: show us the judo rank certificate you got out of a box of Cracker Jack or else you will be manraped at the next Dallas throwdown. Damn you are such a lying sack of cnut rot!" Now THAT would be rude. But I said nothing of the sort.

You claimed rank. And I politely asked you to share some credentials with us. I don't understand the hesitation.
    SEANBABY:
    "The seventh law of thermodynamics is that every time a fat person gets near a trapdoor, they fall in. Itís the closest thing we have to scientific proof of God."